“We had a good experience with the staff, the facilities, and felt safe in the pleasant environment.”

and 1 more site!
WoodSpring Suites Fort Worth Trophy Club
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Trophy Club
Reviewed 3 March 2011

We were in the Dallas area undergoing medical treatment. The current manager, Katherine, went out of her way to accomodate my husband's special needs. The entire staff (the manager, assistant manager, housekeepers, and the maintenance/grounds person) were all very helpful in assisting us with everything we needed. I would highly recommend this extended stay hotel as a safe, clean and convenient environment with a friendly, professional, and attentive staff.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PEGSLIFE

Reviewed 1 March 2011

Staff is very friendly. Rooms are great and spacious. Anything goes wrong the staff is there to fix the problem right away. Hotel is very safe and comfy. Will come back again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank pacman467
Reviewed 26 October 2010

My Fiance and I stayed here for 3 months due to relocation. I was very impressed with the cleaniness, from the lobby to our room. The parking lot is well lit and that helps in making it a safe enviroment.
Every day after I came in from work I was greated with a smile by someone at the front desk. They knew our names and always acknowledge us. Regardless of how late at nite or early in the morning it was when I would forget or demagnetiz my key and needed assistance, they were prompt and I always received a warm smile. Considering how difficult and stressful living in a hotel for an extended period of time can be, everyone made me feel comfortable and at home. Value Place, Trophy Club became my home away from home.
Thank you to Anne, David and especially Katherine (Manager) for making our uncomfortable time in life enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LyndaThurlo
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I've been at value place since may 2010. Like most posts on this site..it has an affordable rate for long term stay travellers and individuals/families in transition or vacation. The staff is very friendly and my room is very clean and just what I need for now. With many hotels there are flaws but we adjust especially if you let the management team know your complaints in advance. It is definitely a great place to stay because of great location, great price, nice staff, safe area, very clean hotel, and all the amenities that I need to call home for now. My only concern is the bed was too firm. It was not comfortable at all but I went out and bought a mattress cover and that resolved that problem. I let the hotel know about the bed. The housekeepers do a great job of cleaning the room. So far my experience has been great.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank future700
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I've been here since mid August, and I couldnt imagine staying anywhere else in the DFW area. Katherine (manager) is an excellent manager. She is always prompt in any request you might need, and follows up to make sure your request was followed thru to the "T" !!.....Let's not forget the asst mgr Ann....very professional too !! The house keeping staff (Sandra & Jorge) are aces also !!.. This hotel is VERY well maintained ! I work for a major employer in the DFW area, and I would highly recommend this place to my fellow employees, or anyone traveling travelling thru the area. You WILL NOT be disappointed !!!!
- Shawn S. , Ft Worth Tx

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Shawn587
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We arrived at the hotel late, and by all appearances it seemed closed. Apparently no one mans the desk after business hours. This was new to me as I’m used to hotels with a 24/7 staff, and someone always being available at the front desk. Not a big deal, they had a phone in the lobby that we were able to call security on and get checked into the hotel. It took a few minutes before the security guard arrived, but once he did we were greeted warmly, and checked into the hotel promptly.

We had never stayed at a Value Place, and weren’t sure what to expect in the rooms, but everything turned out ok. The best way I can describe the room is as an upscale dorm or small efficiency. There is no big screen TV, or king size pillow top bed, but the room was clean and functional, and overall, it was comfortable. It was just what I needed, at a price that was extremely affordable. For what I paid for one week here, I’ve spent for a single night more times than I’d like to remember.

The location was very convenient, and only about 15 minutes from Dallas, and Ft. Worth. Restaurants, and grocery stores are close by, but I would recommend having a car at this location as there isn’t much within walking distance. The hotel doesn’t have many amenities, but the price and friendly service make up for the lack of a swimming pool, or fitness center. Which by the way the staff offered me a special rate at fitness center across the highway if I wanted to workout.

Overall, the staff, and cost of lodging were what we liked best about the location. We were treated like we were staying at a 5 star hotel, but paying a 2 star price.

What I liked least about the hotel were the beds. They are on the firm side, but the staff even helped us with that. Apparently they had some spare mattresses, and they went out of their way to stack a second mattress on top of the first which made for a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank JTyme83
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Horrible experiences!
This was our fourth stay at this location and it will be our last.

We had three groups that made reservations. Two of those reservations were canceled without a phone call and we didn't find out until we were trying to check in! No apologies or compensations were offered. The groups had to stay elsewhere and pay much more than they were expecting even though we had reservations for well over a month!

There weren't enough towels in the room. When we asked for more, we were told they would be in the room within an hour, however when we returned to our room later that night, they weren't. Then, when I asked for them (after hours) I was lectured by the old man behind the desk about how I'm not supposed to ask for towels after 9pm. When I told him I had asked for them at noon, he proceeded to lecture me saying that he had given them to me and not to ask after 9pm in the future! Extremely rude since I had obviously followed the rules!

On the second night, we returned to our room smelling like something had died in there! We had no trash at that point, so it wasn't from us. We were given, in my opinion, BS answers from the old man that had lectured me the previous night about the towels. Apparently the place was full, so there was nothing he could do. It was extremely unpleasant. I don't know if the smell went away or we just got used to it.

On a previous visit, we were actually locked out of our room because we didn't provide a copy of one of the guests drivers license, even though we asked about that at checkin. There was no phone call or warning or note. We were simply locked out of our room which is extremely unpleasant to find out when returning late at night and the desk is closed!

Customer service policies needs to be taken a look at since it appears inconvenient for the current staff to assist any customers if there is an issue.

The beds are horribly uncomfortable as well. They're basically a piece of plywood with a thin mattress on them. If you sit too hard, you'll hurt your tailbone.
The walls are super thin. You can hear everyone around you walking and opening doors all through the night.

I know of at least 15-20 people that will not be staying here in the future!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Hilton Dallas/Southlake Town Square
8 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Fort Worth Alliance Airport
Best Western Roanoke Inn & Suites

Been to WoodSpring Suites Fort Worth Trophy Club? Share your experiences!