“Best hotel experience in Tyler”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tyler South
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Tyler
“Best hotel experience in Tyler”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the Tyler 1/2 marathon and were impressed. Location was off the main road which made the room very quiet. Everything was extremely clean, walk-in shower, bed and pillows were great and Lance, the man working the desk is one of the best around. He is one of the friendliest and most helpful guys we've met in a long time. Also, if you leave before their breakfast is served. They have to go bags made up for you. We'll be staying here again next year for the race!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay. Very nice and very clean! Bed is comfortable..which is a big plus. Great breakfast also & very friendly staff. Very nice looking rooms & bathroom was very clean. Would definately recommend to stay at this place

• Stayed October 2013
Cavin V, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tyler South, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review, we value our guest and treat them like family. Our staff takes pride in the services that we have here at the Country Inn & Suites. So please look us up next time your in the area so that we can make that stay an awesome one as well.
Twin Cities Minnesota
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for four nights in late Sept. 2013 in a one-bedroom suite. The lobby is beautiful and clean and the breakfasts are hot and delicious. Our room was at the top of the stairs across from the ice-maker and I feared it would be loud, but we heard nothing outside the door. With the door closed the bedroom was dark and very quiet, perfect setting for a good nights sleep. However, when I sat on the bed I was dismayed at how hard it was.

The first night around 11:15pm I called the front desk agent, Debbie (I believe), asking if they had any kind of mattress topper we could use and I was disappointed to hear they did not. Imagine my SURPRISE and DELIGHT the next morning when Cavin told me they WENT OUT AND PURCHASED a king-size memory foam mattress topper JUST FOR ME! I actually saw the unopened box it came in. I have never experienced that level of service in any hotel I have ever stayed in (and we travel twice a year)!! Housekeeping put it on our bed and I slept like a baby the next three nights. A big thank you to Debbie for passing my concern onto the manager. A huge THANK YOU to Cavin for following through. Thanks also to Levit and Lance, it’s clear you care about your guests.

We used the pool and hot tub one night. This is a small thing and maybe it’s because I’m from up north, but at 89 degrees that pool was too warm. I do have a big concern regarding the hot tub. BEWARE when entering the hot tub because it DOES NOT HAVE A SECOND STEP. If the jets are on this is impossible to see and it is very dangerous. Holding onto the handrail I stepped on the first step then stepped again expecting another step and I fell into the water because there is NO SECOND STEP. My husband did the same thing. We turned off the jets and then we could see clearly. I don’t know how this can be fixed other than better signage.

Overall this is an fantastic hotel and we will be back next spring.

Room Tip: The one-bedroom suites are perfect if you require a dark quiet room in which to sleep.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
CIS-Tyler, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tyler South, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. At Country Inn & Suites Tyler, we endeavor to give our esteemed guest the best in service. Your kind comments for our front desk staff is much appreciated by them. It makes their day when they hear good comments about their hard work, we are very proud of them.
For your next trip be sure to call us so we can ensure your room is ready as required.
Our sincere thanks once again
Gloucester, Virginia
Reviewed 28 August 2013

A big thank you to a fabulous staff: Cavin and Levit were "Excellent" in not only taking our reservation but selling us on the this hotel in the first place. The place was spotless. The welcome at 5pm to 7pm consisted of healthy VEGGIES! and wine. I was ready for a quick snack before dinner and this was perfect.
The room was great!
The hot tub was great...too much chlorine one night...but excellent.
The breakfast was usual High carb however, they supplied FRESH FRUIT and Real OATMEAL.
and served REAL Butter for it. The coffee was perfect and let me not forget the lady that helped me on my first morning. I had my Mom with me who is 82, so I need to carry breakfast to her. The breakfast room assistant: I missed her name... actually OFFERED to carry what I needed to my room with me so I wouldn't need to make 2 trips.
The place was just a refreshing change from most hotels. We stayed 5 nights...price was great. The Egg & I which is about 4 miles up S. Broadway is THE ONLY PLACE FOR breakfast & lunch! not the norm and definitely a cut above!
Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: Stay here...eat breakfast and lunch at THE EGG & I. A great health food store is the next block...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cavin V, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tyler South, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful response you gave our property, it is our pleasure to service our guest well. We value your feedback to ensure our service continues to make you feel welcomed, we also look forward to seeing you upon your next arrival. Thank You again!
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very clean and comfortable the breakfast was hot and fresh. The staff was nice and happy to help and answer questions. we were very happy with our stay and will be staying here again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2013
CIS-Tyler, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tyler South, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for your very nice review, we at Country Inn strive to give our guests a great experience, I am glad to know you will be returning. Please call us for your next reservation at 903-561-0863
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This is a little late it coming however, I am going to write it. Back last October 2012, I called in and reserved a 2 night stay. I had visited the hotel with the local district manager prior to this stay and he had introduced me to the new sales manager at The Country Inn as they did extended stays and in front of her boss she was great. Well, after I stayed my 2 nights at full price, I consulted with the Inn's sales manager about staying longer. She made me sign a 3 week contract which I understand as it is their policy. But, during the initial meeting she was not friendly and seemed rather put out and her rudeness continued through out my entire stay even though I voiced my concerns to her . At the end of my contract I extended my stay for 3 extra days expecting to pay full price. It was my birthday and I was getting ready to go out and had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door. The sales manager (can't remember her name except it started with a K) came banging on my door telling me I had to leave the next day and that she would over look the previous 3 days and that they had contracts with sports groups and others and now they were overbooked by one room because of me when I had booked my room the night before. So, if my room wasn't available, why was I allowed to keep it!?! I stayed there a total of 28 days spending nearly $1900.00 just to have their sales manager to tell me I had to leave or sign another contract which was very obvious she did not want me to do. She had no regard for the fact that I had a "do not disturb" sign on my door or that it was my birthday, just the fact that I needed to leave the next day. If I had stayed 2 more days they would of had to give me my tax money back. The desk staff was wonderful and helpful. I did earn points on my club card that she quickly pointed out I was really NOT entitled to. She was so rude it wasn't even funny. During the week they had resident nights where they served free food and drinks, which the sales manager attended when she was available. While she was friendly and talkative to some of the guests, but she would ignore me, so I would just go sit in my room as I know when I'm not welcomed. Yes, I left the next day as she ordered me to, I did however use some of my points to stay there one night a week or so later and she saw me while she was with a customer she spoke to me and tried to be friendly. Needless to say, I gave her a taste of her own medicine. Again, the desk staff was great! However, the management put me off and made me feel extremely unwelcome and demanded me a paying customer to leave though, I had not caused any trouble except I guess by extending my stay by 3 days believing I was paying full price. As far as staying there again, it is doubtful and I would not recommend anybody dealing with that sales manager about contracts, extended stays or anything for that matter at least until she is replaced.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
CIS-Tyler, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tyler South, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for your lengthy review, I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you mentioned. we have addressed your various concerns with our Director of Sales. I would like to assure you we take our guests concerns very seriously and endeavor to ensure this is never repeated. At Country Inn & Suites we work very hard to offer our guests a great stay, and this time we failed to do so, once again please accept my abject apologies
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Looking for a nice hotel...a little off the beaten path? Country Inn & Suites is the place for you. Call the hotel for directions cause GPS probably wont get you there. But once you are there, you will be pleased. The property is clean and well maintained inside and out. The hot breakfast is fair but the service given by both the breakfast ladies is great. The rooms nice with update furnishings. They even have a reception a couple nights a week with free beer, wine and snacks. But what will bring you back is the staff. Everyone was polite and attentive. The front desk quickly resolved the small issue I had with booking 3rd party and even told me how to avoid it happening again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo