“Nice place to stop on the way”

Broadway Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We now have stayed in this Country Inn and Suites a few times and over-all rate the experience above average. Remember this is a Country Inn and Suites and not the Four Seasons, but the beds are nice, the bathrooms are nicely setup, and the breakfasts are above average for an included breakfast. The pool is average for this price point.

Now the rest of the story. Tyler Texas is the home to a number of good BBQ places, antique stores, and of course the world famous Tyler roses. Old Tyler has many stylish homes and in the Holiday Season a nice home tour. And a number of nice restaurants in the area near the hotel.

Remember this hotel is on the south side of Tyler a few miles away from the Interstate.

So while we would rate the Inn on the lower side of a 4 and maybe a 3, the total experience that this a solid 4.

Room Tip: The suites are nicer than the regular rooms. If you are going to stay more than two nights the suit...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Cavin V, Front Office Manager at Broadway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our property and all that we have to off. We value and look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Had a great spacious double queen room on the 2nd floor. The beds and pillows were very comfy. Nice roomy bathroom with large sink area and great water shower pressure. Even had a little fridge in our room to keep our drinks cold and put our leftovers in. Great free breakfast in the morning that includes both hot and cold items. Free fresh baked cookies in the afternoon too! Hotel is set back off the road so have to be really looking for the sign. If coming from the north you have to make a u-turn to get to hotel. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. No real downsides to this hotel other than rooms are not completely soundproof especially when a large number of women are coming down the hall together. They ended up in the room right next to us and we could hear most of their conversation until they quieted down. Thank goodness it wasn't past ten o'clock yet or we might have had to complain.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Clean spacious rooms. In town to complete a vehicle repossession, and needed to get some shut eye. This hotel was homey from the moment I walked in. Staff were very friendly. Extral large room. Walk in shower (yea!) In a large bathroom. Worth the money. Wifi works well :-). Had coffee maker too (must have for early morning start).

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Cavin V, Front Office Manager at Broadway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

We thank you for your review on our hotel and the wonderful stay you had. My team and I STRIVE to give the best at home feeling we can. When you are ever in the area again we hope that you choose our property because we would love to have you return.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Only stayed at this location in order to use some Club Carlson award points and the city was close to Dallas airport wher I needed to be on the next day. The location was not hard to find, even when located way from the Interstate, and had plenty of parking spaces available. On the late afternoon of my arrival, I had severe troubles accessing the internet, a reset performed by the front desk employee was futile. In the evening, I spotted a few ants on my desk. Being exhausted, I ignored it and got rid of them. The next morning, I was unable to ignore it anymore since I found dozens and dozens of these creatures in the bathroom, on and near the coffee tray, on the desk and yes, even in bed. That was just sheer horror! Although I had foreseen to stay for yet another hour or two in my room, I packed my bags immediately to leave this hotel at once.
At the front desk, I asked for the manager and when he showed up, I showed him an empty coffee cup with a dozen of those ants in it, collected from near the coffee tray. He acknowledged my complaint, apologized, offered me a refund and I made him promise that no other people would stay in that room until the ant problem was solved completely.
I will never stay at this place again unless I would have no other options available and that I would be 200% certain that pest control pays regular visits to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Cavin V, Front Office Manager at Broadway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

I would like to truly apologize again for the problems that you had with our property, and I would like to assure you that this will not be a normal issue for our property. If your ever in the area again and feel differently we would love to have you return to your Carlson home.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the Tyler 1/2 marathon and were impressed. Location was off the main road which made the room very quiet. Everything was extremely clean, walk-in shower, bed and pillows were great and Lance, the man working the desk is one of the best around. He is one of the friendliest and most helpful guys we've met in a long time. Also, if you leave before their breakfast is served. They have to go bags made up for you. We'll be staying here again next year for the race!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay. Very nice and very clean! Bed is comfortable..which is a big plus. Great breakfast also & very friendly staff. Very nice looking rooms & bathroom was very clean. Would definately recommend to stay at this place

• Stayed: October 2013
Cavin V, Front Office Manager at Broadway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you so much for the kind review, we value our guest and treat them like family. Our staff takes pride in the services that we have here at the Country Inn & Suites. So please look us up next time your in the area so that we can make that stay an awesome one as well.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for four nights in late Sept. 2013 in a one-bedroom suite. The lobby is beautiful and clean and the breakfasts are hot and delicious. Our room was at the top of the stairs across from the ice-maker and I feared it would be loud, but we heard nothing outside the door. With the door closed the bedroom was dark and very quiet, perfect setting for a good nights sleep. However, when I sat on the bed I was dismayed at how hard it was.

The first night around 11:15pm I called the front desk agent, Debbie (I believe), asking if they had any kind of mattress topper we could use and I was disappointed to hear they did not. Imagine my SURPRISE and DELIGHT the next morning when Cavin told me they WENT OUT AND PURCHASED a king-size memory foam mattress topper JUST FOR ME! I actually saw the unopened box it came in. I have never experienced that level of service in any hotel I have ever stayed in (and we travel twice a year)!! Housekeeping put it on our bed and I slept like a baby the next three nights. A big thank you to Debbie for passing my concern onto the manager. A huge THANK YOU to Cavin for following through. Thanks also to Levit and Lance, it’s clear you care about your guests.

We used the pool and hot tub one night. This is a small thing and maybe it’s because I’m from up north, but at 89 degrees that pool was too warm. I do have a big concern regarding the hot tub. BEWARE when entering the hot tub because it DOES NOT HAVE A SECOND STEP. If the jets are on this is impossible to see and it is very dangerous. Holding onto the handrail I stepped on the first step then stepped again expecting another step and I fell into the water because there is NO SECOND STEP. My husband did the same thing. We turned off the jets and then we could see clearly. I don’t know how this can be fixed other than better signage.

Overall this is an fantastic hotel and we will be back next spring.

Room Tip: The one-bedroom suites are perfect if you require a dark quiet room in which to sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
CIS-Tyler, General Manager at Broadway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. At Country Inn & Suites Tyler, we endeavor to give our esteemed guest the best in service. Your kind comments for our front desk staff is much appreciated by them. It makes their day when they hear good comments about their hard work, we are very proud of them.
For your next trip be sure to call us so we can ensure your room is ready as required.
Our sincere thanks once again