“New property with great future if”
Review of Courtyard Tyler

Courtyard Tyler
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Attractive new facility. Room was huge. Close to several restaurants. Exercise facility was meager. Because of too few guests, had run out of in-room coffee. With attention to upkeep, such as repairing the bathroom door, it will be a first class hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank T L
CourtyardTylerSales, Director of Sales at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear T L,

Thanks for your review! We appreciate the feedback and will be sure to have our Housekeeping & Chief Engineer look at the bathroom door to correct the issue. We hope to see you on your next trip to Tyler!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I like the Courtyard by Marriott. Our room as nice but lacked water pressure in the shower but the disappointment came in the morning. You use to get free Starbucks coffee in the lobby but I was told they stopped, what? It's the small things that make a stay most chain can deliver a clean room but sometimes it is the little things that make a stay nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear mfiegel,

Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us! We will be sure to have our Chief Engineer look at the water pressure with the shower. We do have Starbucks available to our guests, but also have free coffee in the lobby. It's located by the business center in the middle of the lobby - on your next stay, please feel free to ask Front Desk where it's located so you can be sure to get you a cup of coffee! Thank you again for your feedback - we appreciate it!

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Got in late they had given our room away. Did notify do to airport problems reason for late arrival. To them let's look ..oh here. Breakfast no good morning happy see ya just want can I get ya! Leaving no goodbye have a safe one. It was the most unfriendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Eileen A

Dear Eileen A,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us! We are disappointed to hear that you didn't receive the warm & friendly Texas hospitality you expect to receive. We appreciate your feedback and can assure you this has been addressed with our staff as providing excellent customer service is our goal!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The sleeping rooms were nice - clean, quiet, comfortable. But the hospitality was lacking. I was not greeted with any kind of "hello" or "how was your trip?" and once I got my key, the agent looked at me with a blank stare. The rest of the time, there was no one at the front desk any time I went by there. I always had to knock on the office door or go find someone. My meeting set up did not happen as promised. Apparently the person who was supposed to do this never came in. To their credit, all the staff - about 3 people - scrambled and took care of things. But I never saw anyone for the rest of the day. The food was catered from the outside and our special requests had been ignored. We froze, too, even though we asked for a change in air conditioning repeatedly. Plus there was no soap in the bathrooms! I'd never have another meeting of any size there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Maggi M

Dear Maggi M,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent event & stay with us! Providing excellent customer service is a top priority for us and want to ensure that all guests enjoy their stay with us. We are disappointed to hear that this was not the case in your stay and have communicated the issues with our staff members. Without your feedback, we wouldn't have the opportunity to improve our guests overall satisfaction and experience - thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a nice hotel that is good for family, individual or business travel. It is not in the busiest parts of Tyler, which makes it easy to access. It is off a main road which is quick to get to anywhere in Tyler, and making it very convenient.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Tina S,

Thanks for your comments regarding your stay with us! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the location was perfect for you. Stop by & see us on your next trip to Tyler!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The room was a nice size with a King Size bed and a full-sized sleeper. Room amenities included a microwave, small fridge, 32 inch flat screen, and a coffee maker. It can sleep 2-3 comfortably. I never pulled out the sofa bed, but the actual bed was very comfortable. There were plenty of outlets to plug in all your gadgets and a huge desk to work from.

Criticisms: The hotel could use another bank of elevators. No matter what time it was, I always waited about 5 minutes for the elevator. Perhaps that is why there are big flat screens right by the elevator. Also, they need housekeeping to constantly monitor the cleanliness of their irons. I was ironing a dress I was wearing to a wedding and some black gunk came off my dress.

The biggest complaint is that they need to get new ice machines or either move them because they are loud as hell. I am by no means a light sleeper, but two mornings in a row I was startled out of my sleep because the ice machine is as loud as a jackhammer. My room, 223, was right next to the "ice room". I tried putting pillows over my head with no luck. As a result, although the bed was extremely comfortable, I did not get much sleep.

Room Tip: Please stay away from the rooms that are next to the ice machine.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear DCfoodie67,

Thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay with us! We appreciate the feedback and are glad to hear that you enjoyed the room & amenities. We will be sure to discuss the iron issue with our Housekeeping department and have our Chief Engineer take a look at the ice machine on the 2nd floor. Thank you again for our feedback & we hope to see you on your next trip to Tyler!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is a new hotel and is very nice with big rooms but it is neglected. We checked in with 4 people and only had 3 sets of towels. And only three devices per room were allowed on the free wifi. There was a coffee maker in our room but no regular coffee in the entire hotel! There was hair (ugh!) on the floor in our bathroom. And the bathroom door did not close all the way. All easily corrected items with a little attention. I wouldn't recommend it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear TravelerSHL,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We apologize for the inconvenience with the number of towels, Wi-Fi internet, and coffee during your stay. Please be assured that the issues have been addressed with our Housekeeping department & Chief Engineer to ensure all items are corrected and will not happen again in the future. We appreciate your feedback & will use it as an opportunity to improve our guests satisfaction during their stays with us.