“Toast It!”
Review of Bruno's Pizza

Bruno's Pizza
Ranked #14 of 399 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: I don't think they have a website, but please add this to your list. It's a local favorite!
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My daughter and I went to Bruno's for lunch this past Wednesday and we both ordered their special half-a-sub, chips, and drink for a very modest price.

I ordered the po'boy and asked for it to be toasted. When I heard my daughter order her turkey sub without having it toasted I asked her why she ordered it plain and she said she'd never ordered it toasted before. She decided to try it that way this time.

When our order came the subs were toasted and delicious. Both subs had plenty of meat, cheese and veggies. My daughter said toasting the sub changed it completely. She was very happy with her sandwich, especially the melted cheese, and said she would try to remember to order it toasted from now on. Toasting the sub really does make a difference!

I have a penchant for joking around with wait-staff and our server was joking right back which is what I like! She also gave great service and the wait time was very minimal. We were in and out of there within thirty minutes.

Bruno's is an ideal place for lunch since they have great lunch prices, very good and quick service, and friendly wait-staff. Go early or you may have to park on the street behind the restaurant since a lot of people know about this fine family-owned eatery.

1  Thank PigFox

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

The portions at this place a very big!! Great pizzas and some of the dishes are not like what you are used to. My Chicken Parmesan was a bowl of noodles, marinara sauce, cheese and sliced chicken (kinda like fajita meat) served like a casserole. Although it was good not what I was expecting and it was served with penne noodles and not spaghetti. This place is big and gets busy but service at least for me has been pretty good.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We visited the Vine Street location. There's a fair amount of seating, & I love the Old style feel of the building. ( I believe it was built in the 70's) We ordered cheesy garlic bread for appetizer. This was very very good. You get practically a whole loaf of french bread. Only complaint would be there seemed to be very little cheese. But overall this was very tasty! For my meal I got the 12' pepperoni & cheese pizza. SoSoSoSo Good! Lol. Was enough food for me to eat for dinner & lunch. My Hubby got the lasagna. It comes with a Huge dinner roll. He ate the entire meal! He was technically full half way through the meal...but he said it was just that good that he couldn't stop eating! I definitely recommend this place...they offer almost every Italian meal under the sun! Its also byob...so feel free to bring your own bottle of wine to compliment your meal!

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a very good meal today with friends. Several people had pizza and everyone thought the food was good. The waiters were over worked due to a large group and was unable to attend to everyone. The kitchen was slow and the bread for some arrived after everyone was completed. The waiter stated that the kitchen was having problem . Everyone left happy and full.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

They have some pretty good pizza here. The toppings are overflowing, so expect to pull out the fork to eat it. Probably the best sit in pizza in Tyler.

Been to Bruno's Pizza? Share your experiences!