“Nice hotel, not a very personal touch”

Staybridge Suites Tyler University Area
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Tyler
Denton, Texas
“Nice hotel, not a very personal touch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We found this hotel online - we were in Tyler for a difficult situation - my father had a heart attack and was in the ICU. My husband was looking for a nice hotel that took pets - we had to drive to Tyler unexpectedly. The hotel itself is very nice and new. There is a significant pet fee, but under the circumstances, we didn't care. The next night, we tried to get a second room for my mother. When we got to our room and tried to get another for my mother a little after 9pm, we were told repeatedly it was booked for the night. We were going to have my mother stay in our room, and then after bringing her stuff in and walking our dogs, we were told they "found" a room. Weirdly enough, it was right next to ours! We were grateful. But we were told (when we stayed the first night) that the reservation would only be for two nights.

We talked to several front desk staff members and explained the situation - we needed a room for several nights and we explained that my father was in the ICU. We were told repeatedly that they were booked -- but it was strange how they "found" a room late in the evening for my mother. Overall, I understand - they may have really been booked and that's fine. I just found it interesting that they were "completely booked" then "found" a room. We found another hotel in town that was completely accommodating and compassionate to our circumstances with a smaller pet fee. While this hotel was nice, I will always recommend the other based on their accommodating and compassionate attitude.

1 Thank neverpromised
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Tyler University Area, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear neverpromised,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow us to apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. We assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. Thank you for staying and we all hope to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you want first class service at an affordable price this is the place to be! The staff works hard to ensure their customers are satisfied with their stay. I could go on with compliments, but experiencing it for yourself will confirm why they consistently get great reviews!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Missy626
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

The Staybridge Suites in Tyler is a new facility and it shows. Everything is new and the staff are doing a good job of it sating that way. The front desk checkin was quick and efficient and friendly. The room was large and very comfortable. The beds were excellent. The breakfast was ample with a good selection of foods.

We visit family in Tyler every summer and will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
staytyler, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tyler University Area, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Banuwati,

Thank you for staying at the Staybridge Suites Tyler University Area. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to be best hotel in town.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Devon, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Upon arriving, I learned my room was by the gym and an exit door. I asked for a new room and was given on on the second floor. The AC was making a lot of noise so I called the front desk and was told the General Manager was out of town so there was nothing they could do. They couldn't give me another room because the hotel was fully booked. I had to replace the room key twice as it just didn't work. I paid in advance in order to get a reduced rate and then noticed I was double billed on my credit card.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kaduchelle,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences at our property.

On behalf of our entire staff, we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We are working diligently to correct these issues and I appreciate that you brought them to my attention. We will be contacting you further via email regarding the issues you described.

Please accept our apology and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Based on TA reviews (as always), my wife and I chose Staybridge (we usually stay at Courtyards) to stay the night before we picked up our daughter from week long summer camp.

This Staybridge is clean and comfortable, and in a quiet area (our primary criteria). Beds and pillows were great. Rooms spacious.

Our A/C started acting up, started clattering. Called the front desk hoping for a chance to come down to get a key to a different room. Turns out the hotel was fully booked due to a family reunion. Nonetheless, the very nice lady at the front desk (Megan, I believe) worked hard to finally identify one other available room, and actually ran up to our room to give us the new key with apologies. Said she would fix the A/C herself if she knew how (I believed her). Great service.

Breakfast was pretty good and free, open from 7:30 until about 10.

Will likely be our go to place in Tyler.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed overnight at this hotel while traveling from TX to AR. We were traveling with the kids but wanted to have some space so we booked the king suite. The suite definitely exceeded our expectations. The two separate bedrooms were spacious, comfortable, and clean. Additionally, even though the kids watched TV in the morning it did not disturb sleep in the other room.

Breakfast was good. It had a nice variety, hot items were actually hot, and the space was comfortable.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: King suite with 2 queen beds is great.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Christopher M
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

This is my first time staying in a Staybridge facility; it reminds me of the Hyatt House Sterling I stayed at in Va last year. Very clean, I booked a queen studio that came with a full kitchen. This place even has storage units for those on an extended stay. The laundry facility is free; you just have to supply the detergent.
I couldn't really enjoy the Jacuzzi because there was a cheerleading troop in the pool doing stance and jumps, in and out of the pool and Jacuzzi.
Breakfast was good, I had a custom waffle I make everytime I stay at a hotel that has a waffle maker. I add raisins, brown sugar and walnuts to the waffle batter mix and place in the waffle iron for a to die for waffle.
The TV isn't in the best location but you can turn it towards the bed or sofa sleeper.
The Wifi is horrible in my room and I neatly had to stand in the hallway to talk on my cell.
I really felt like I was at home because the property has gas grills, a fireplace and a flat screen TV outside. Nice touch. All in all I will book another stay at a Staybridge suits.
Happy travels guys.