“Fresh, comfortable, delicious .... food and atmosphere make this an excellent return destination.”

Oliveto Italian Bistro
Ranked #18 of 364 Restaurants in Tyler
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We came here for lunch for the first time today andwere very pleased with menu, service, and atmosphere. Recommend this restaurant!

• Visited September 2013

Longview, Texas
“A Nice Upgrade From Olive Garden”
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

My wife and I drove over to Oliveto's in Tyler for an anniversary lunch, wanting something a click up from Longview's Olive Garden and Carinos. We we not disappointed. We ordered the Bruscetta Sundae appetizer , I had Chicken Marsala, and she ordered an off menu item of bow tie pasta with shrimp and andouille sausage. We enjoyed it all and had to get a to go box for each of us because there was way more than we could eat. Both entrees were fresh and very reich and flavorful. We ended to meal by splitting the Dulce de Luce Bread Pudding, a real treat since I normally don't eat sweets. I gave it a hearty "10." The only complaint (and I'm being picky here) was the service was too good (fast). While we were about half way through splitting the appetizer, the server brought our entrees. We waited until after finishing the entrees to order dessert.

Now the good news, the waitress asked if we were E Club members, after saying no - she said they were having a free appetizer promo and that she'd comp it... While there we signed up online and when we got home there was a "thank you" offering us a "twofer" for an entree on our next visit. How sweet is that! Yes, we will become semi regulars and when you open a store in Longview, we'll be regular regulars.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank texmarc
Hawkins, Texas
“Gluten-free pasta choice”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to find that Oliveto has a gluten-free pasta choice. With 1 in 100 people suspected of being a Celiac, that was great news to me (gluten-intolerant), and I happily ordered a pasta entree and enjoyed it very much. For those who are truly Celiac, I don't know how careful the kitchen is about keeping gluten away from gluten-free things, but it was refreshing to at least see they were aware and making an attempt. Food is good here and service as well.

• Visited April 2013
Tyler, Texas
“My favorite Tyler Restaurant”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Oliveto's has become my favorite place to eat in Tyler. I've tried several different entrees there. I have yet to find anything that I didn't like, but my favorites are their pizzas and especially the chicken parmigiana. The food is priced at or slightly lower than the national Italian chain, however you don't get a salad with the meal, it is just the entree. The food is fresher and the quality is higher here too. But every couple of weeks there is a coupon in the local paper for a free house salad.
They now have a gluten free menu which works great for us since our daughter has a major gluten intolerance.
Monday and Tuesday's are good days to go for their pizza as they have $7 pizza specials those days, although that doesn't include the gluten free pizza.
We've tried a couple of the desserts and they were very good. In fact, the bread pudding was excellent.
Our service has been excellent, but then we have learned to ask for Chris as our server.
I just don't think you can go wrong with Oliveto's.

• Visited March 2013
Tyler, Texas, United States
“Unique dining experience!”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

A nice quite place to have a romantic dinner. Good Italian food with a very good singer named Isreal! We had a very nice dinner and enjoyed the music.

Visited January 2013

Been to Oliveto Italian Bistro? Share your experiences!