“Great place to meet friends”

On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #176 of 391 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 11 December 2012

OTB has a great atmosphere to just hang out with your friends for drinks and appetizers but also is a good place to take your family for a meal. I have been here numerous times and always had good service. Staff is friendly and prompt.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

My wife and I eat at OTB about once a week because the food is always excellent. Eat before 7:00 (M-F) in the bar or patio, and appetizers and drinks are half price. Both of us eat for under $15 including an adult beverage and tip!

Reviewed 6 September 2012

i am never disappointed when i go here. the food is always spot on (especially the street tacos and brisket tacos) and you can get great drinks from the bar!!!

Reviewed 28 July 2012

This seemed more like resort food. Lots of varieties, They use more fruits and veggies then most. Just not my favorite.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

My wife and I stopped here for supper one night while running errands. We hadn't eaten there since moving to Tyler. They bring chips and salsa to the table before even getting your drink order. If you aren't into pretty spicy food, make sure you get your drinks before trying any of the salsa. It would be what many places would call hot.
My wife and I both ordered the choose your own combos. She got the salad and tostado. I got the beef taco and the chicken flauta. Both came with seasoned rice and your choice of beans. She got refried and I got the black beans. The salad had cilantro in it and she doesn't like cilantro. Fortunately, it was small amounts. Next time she would know to ask that it be left off. The tostado wasn't quite what she expected although it was very good. The flauta came with a queso dipping sauce. The flauta was good, the sauce was a little warmer than I like, but still good. The ground beef in the taco was a seasoned ground beef, and there was a seasoning that I couldn't quite place. The seasoned rice was very good. I'm not s big bean fan, but the black beans weren't bad, and I'm guessing if you liked them, you would really like these. Overall, we were both stuffed when we left, but we aren't real big eaters. Based on this experience, we will probably try On the Border again, but would adjust our choices to try and find things we liked a little better.
If you have food allergies or need a gluten free diet, this is NOT the place for you. There is a warning right on the menu that warns you about these situations.