“Old school still the rule”
Review of Loggins

Loggins
Ranked #86 of 364 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lindale
“Old school still the rule”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This restaraunt has been in business since before most of us were born. It's down home country cooking at its best. No frills, no flash, just good cooking. My only complaint is that their hours are limited and I would like to be able to go there any time. If you catch them open, don't hesitate to give it a go.

Visited September 2012

tyler, Texas, United States
“Must try!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

If you haven't eaten here- GO ALREADY! They are only open for lunch-- and they are busy. When you take your first bite you will know why! Buffett! But save room for dessert cuz you aint seen nothing like it!!

Visited May 2013
Tyler, TX
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I eat at restaurants a lot, both in Tyler and out of town, and I have to say that Loggins is by far the best American-style buffet I have ever had. The outside of the building (and even the inside) are not fancy by any means, and it is they type of place that I might normally pass up, just based on appearance. Fortunately, my husband convinced me to try it and now it is one of those places in Tyler where we go when we really want a treat (and can afford the calories!) We have brought our families and friends there, and everyone loves it. My favorite is the fried catfish, with candied sweet potatoes (like none other you will ever have), macaroni and cheese, and black-eyed peas. But, of course, there are tons of other options that are great, so I always to back to get a little of this and a little of that. They always have an assortment of pies, which are included with the buffet, and it's best to get their early to pick out the pie that you want because it's first come, first served. Go to Loggins if you want delicious, downhome food that you will not find anywhere else!

• Visited June 2013
Victoria, Texas
“True Downhome Cookin!”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Now this is the place to eat if you want real "home cookin". They only serve buffet style but you have a humongous selection of homestyle cooked eats that are to die for. Remember back when, your momma or granny on a Sunday would put out a spread of food including several desserts? This is that kind of place. And, the owner(s) both come around to make sure you have enough and to see if everything is the way you like it. Not many places left like this one for sure. Super fantastic! A "must eat there place"!
ps. Just remember you're in "Aggie Country".

• Visited March 2013
Tyler, Texas
“An old tradition”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Loggins is full of regulars who appear to have been going there for decades.
For a new visitor, the buffet was passable, but not great. I have to pass on usual favorites like chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes, but the vegetable were just okay, nothing memorable.

Can't say I have any complaints, but can't say I remember much about what I ate, either.

Visited March 2013

Been to Loggins? Share your experiences!