“How bad can it get!”

Ranked #261 of 383 Restaurants in Tyler
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Cold food..returned for re heat
Dirty Siverware
Dirty floors, trash..pointed out to mgr NOT picked up before we left
Large crumbs in booth
Wornout carpet..whole place needs refurbishing
Not a wor of apology from manager

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were visitng friends in Tyler, Texas. My wife was delighted there was an Applebee's across from the hotel as we have dined in other Applebee's and found the food and service to be very good.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We have been here a few times since moving to Tyler. The food is very inconsistent but the staff is very friendly. After our visit on Friday we said we wouldn't go back but might give them another chance!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

It had been a few years since I had been to an Applebee's so we decided to try it after church this past Sunday. Upon driving up signs in windows say lunch combos around $6-$7. As 12:30 parking lot was half full (it used to be packed) so that should have been a clue. Was greeted & seated promptly at a booth with my family. Wait staff was pretty quick on initial contact and drinks, asking about appetizers etc. Menu's disclosed that lunch combo special was everyday except Sunday of course. We decided on the Two for $20 promo (two entrees with and appetizer). We ordered and in a decent amount of time the food was served.Presentation was appealing. It all looked good. It smells good. it was hot. Taste however was mediocre. My daughter got Chicken with Shrimp and ate the shrimp but did not like the grilled chicken at all. Seasoned with rosemary I believe with cut up potato fries. Wife and I each got the Oriental Chicken Salad, decent size, seemed like an ingredient was missing (perhaps mandarin oranges?) and the chicken had more crust on it than meat in it. We received one small cup of the oriental dressing which did not even cover half the salad. Kids meal chicken strips with fries was good as well as the rib dinner my other daughter got. Waitress was nice and pretty good, but after we got our meal she kind of disappeared for a while. We had to wait to ask for a few things needed that typically a wait person will come back by shortly after everything is served and ask if "anything else needed"? So it delayed us completing our meal needing more water, or additional salad dressing, or mustard one of the kids originally asked for. On average each meal was $10 apiece at lunch. Not terrible but not great. None of us thought it was worth a return trip for that money and food taste. There are two many exceptional restaurants in the Tyler area that are that price range OR LESS that has much better taste/value. Between the four dinners (we did the 2 for $20 twice with four of us) and we had a free kids meal for the little one and our bill was $50 not including the tip. It will be a long time before I head back there.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

The food is good, most of the time, but the overall smell of this Applebee's almost makes you gag! Decent service, but I went during lunch one Saturday and two waiters were getting into a very loud verbal disagreement in the empty section next to us. I reported it to the manager and he said they do it all the time. However, I guess because this used to be a smoking restaurant that the smell is still in the carpet, but Tyler put a No Smoking ordinance inside restaurants back in like 2009!! On top of that, I guess they had a leak some time back and it mildewed the carpet. I go here mostly to get appetizers and because I have coupons every now and then, not much else.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!