“A nice surprise in East Texas”

Rick's On The Square
Ranked #26 of 390 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Rick's is a great place to meet friends and enjoy a great meal. The food is very good and service is especially good. They have a nice wine list and bar selections. There is something for everyone on the menu. Later night entertainment-live musi-is offered on the weekends. Steaks were cooked to perfection and the salmon is delicious. I would go again.

1  Thank Gran7

Reviewed 2 August 2013

A friend and I had another excellent meal at Rick's. Greek salads for starters, two luscious steaks with great sides and fine service made it a very enjoyable evening. The Greek salads are too large for starters and we should have taken the advice of the server and had one salad split. This is a traditional Greek salad, but it is very well-executed. My friend had the Prime New York Strip and I had the Prime Ribeye. Both were cooked perfectly to order and were juicy and tasty. Sides were Gratin Potato and grilled Poblano peppers. The Gratin Potato is sliced potatoes with a creamy cheese sauce that is superb. The peppers have just a hint of heat and serve as a great foil to the potato. I have had three similar meals at Ricks over the past few months and can highly recommend it if you find yourself in downtown Tyler at dinnertime.

1  Thank rivertrash
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is a quaint bar and gathering place in downtown Tyler on the Square. We found the food marginal - very expensive. My pasta dish was overloaded with cream - drowned the flavor of the food. Service was fine. This is more of a meet-and-have-a-drink place.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

This was a very nice restaurant with beautiful wooden floors and brick walls. This was my first time in Tyler and this restaurant made me feel like I was in old Texas. The food was excellent
And I enjoyed it very much. My only complaint was that it was so dark inside that I had a hard
time reading the menu and it was still light out.

1  Thank Karen G
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I looked at the menu online and was very excited to visit Rick's on the Square. First, their menu online and in the restaurant are not the same. I tried to order an appetizer that was from the online menu and it was no longer available. Second, I had to use my flashlight app on my iPhone just to read the menu. It is very dark in the restaurant. So dark in fact that I really couldn't even see my food very well so any presentation of food was not necessary. My salad was average but my New York Strip was mostly bone and fat. Again, because I couldn't see I just had to keep cutting to find a good piece to eat. I finally gave up. The seasoning was great on the steak but just not the quality I was looking for.

Been to Rick's On The Square? Share your experiences!