Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Tyler/Downtown
Hotels.com
US$91
US$120
HolidayInn.com
Super 8 Tyler TX(Tyler)(Great Value!)
US$53
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The motel looked good.....lobby very clean and welcoming.....we were assigned a room in the back, felt very unsafe...due to being put in the middle of local workers that stayed there, and also
Young people that were partying right outside our room half the night.....our car Alarm went off
Several times because the child that was with the couple next to us was pulling on the car handles.
Beer cans in front of our car the next morning. I was up for two hrs keeping an eye on the situation. Could have called management, but was worried about damage being done to vehicle
If I did. I did talk with management the next morning.....also whoever cleans these rooms have
No idea how to clean....baseboards had an inch of crud around them....not good
Maintenance! Would never stay here again. Remember though....not ALL America's best value
Inns are like this....just depends on management, and whether or not they take pride in what
They manage.......it's totally a reflection on management and their common sense.

Room Tip: Always tell them you expect a quiet clean room in a safe area of motel......like out in front view And not way in the back, where you are subject to all kinds of problems.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bugt2424
abviresponse, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Tyler/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Dianne,

We deeply regret that you had a bad night's stay. It is unfortunate that you did not call the front desk and request the noise issue be addressed or even requested another room. We understand your fears about retaliation if you did make a complaint about the noise. However, we cannot take action about misbehavior of other guest if we are not informed at the time.
We have instructed housekeeping to pay closer attention to the base boards of the rooms.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

While this is an older property, it is refurbished, very clean and had a very acommodating staff. The suite was perfect for a weekend get away to tour the City of Roses and was a good value. Hannah Dawg found the grounds well maintained and enjoyed exploring the lawn. Convenient to downtown and other Tyler points of interest. Will stay there next time I visit Tyler.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and the beautiful city of Tyler.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

The staff was very pleasant.The room was clean and the rate for a king was 58.00.Room had small fridge microwave,coffee pot and 27 in TV.Danish were good next morning.Only about 20 miles to Canton and 5 miles to Cracker Barrel.I was there on Friday night and not crowded at all.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank TerryC51224

Dear Terry,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate knowing what we are doing right in addition to critical remarks on the areas we need to improve on. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 21 July 2010

HORRIBLE PLACE TO STAY! My family and I decided to stay at this hotel based on their website. We get into the room, no towels, coffee, washcloths or condiment packets were in the room. The comforter on the bed was full of cigarette burns and we were in a non-smoking room!! We had to call up and go get the things missing from the room. THEN, the next morning, we were looking forward to the nice, hot breakfast promised on the website...eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy...we get into the breakfast room and there are frozen waffles, a tray of danishes, a couple of bags of bagels and cold cereal. We noticed that there ONCE was biscuits and gravy, but when brought to the front desk clerk's attention, she said that when they run out, they do not put anymore out. Ok, breakfast is from 6:30-9:30 and this is at 8:00! When we asked the lady in the breakfast room (which later we find out is the owner) for more milk for the cereal, she was downright rude!! Then upon check out, when I asked to speak with the owner, the front desk clerk had a horrible attitude with me!!!! When I talked to the "owner" she said that she apologizes for the inconvenience, but there was nothing she could do...that the "website" hasn't been correct for two years since they were a "Best Western". I WILL NEVER stay at another America's Best again due to the rudeness of the hotel owner and the hotel front desk clerk this morning. I was told that the website would be changed so that it wouldn't cause confusion in the future...guess what? I just looked and it still says the same thing!!!! NO RECOMMENDATION FROM ME!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank kittyconni
MotelTyler, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Tyler/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Tyler/Downtown for your recent stay in our area.

• The owner and the people running the website, were contacted concerning having the website properly reflect what would be found at the establishment.

• Housekeeping received extra training in having the rooms properly supplied before releasing them as ready for occupancy.

• The owner and the front desk clerk received extra training in the courteous manner in which they, as our representatives, are to treat our valued guests.

• The owner received extra training in seeing that a proper breakfast is supplied, that is one that properly reflects what is advertised.

We take our reviews very seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Tyler/Downtown. I think you will be very pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 20 March 2010

I stayed at this motel while working a 13 week assignment. At $1,600 a month I expected good service. the owner was going through a tragic period in her personal life and she took it out on me by chewing me out/ yelling at me out over this or that - that I "demanded too much" when my air conditioner or fridge did not work right. They also rent out little conference rooms to church groups.... the owner would confide in me that she did not like the particular race groups that rented the rooms because they left a mess. Go figure - The owners are foreigners and they slander Americans.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank geekgroupie

Dear Guest,

• The owner received additional training in the courteous manner in which she, as our representative, is to treat our valued guests. This also included talking negatively about other guests.

• The owner received additional training in what actions to take when one of our valued guests has a problem with a piece of equipment in the room assigned to them not functioning properly.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Tyler/Downtown. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.