“Decent food at a reasonable price, in a raucous setting”
Review of Gilbert's El Charro #1 - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gilbert's El Charro #1
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 6 March 2012

This is not gourmet, but still tasty enough. The enchilada sauce is good. The margaritas are decent, but nothing special. I thought the salsa was good. They give you lots of the salsa, in both mild and hot, which is a plus in a Tex-Mex place in my opinion. The hot salsa is plenty hot, not nothing extraordinary if you are a heat enthusiast. In spite of this luke warm review, I have to say I don't regret dining at this "joint.". WARNING - it was very loud. I was dining alone, so I didn't mind the noise. It is not a place to go if you want to have a conversation with your fellow diners. I recommend this place with the caveats above.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Best thing is that it's family owned and operated. Food is greasy. Bland. Nice decor. Service average.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

tony's tacos are the way to go although i like the chicken enchiladas too

Reviewed 21 August 2011

If you are going to go be ready to take your time and enjoy the margaritas. The food and salsa are wonderful and the best margarita around. My family has been going here for over 20 years. Yes, it is a little loud and the service a little slow but that's what you get when you go to a hole in the wall original.

Reviewed 13 August 2011

We went in it said seat yourself, they brought chips and salsa immediately. Sat their and ate our chips, no waiter or waitress came by to get drink or food orders. Told 2 employees and still no service after 10 minutes of no service we got up and left!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank unknown55551