“Just about your avg steakhouse”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #18 of 373 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Service
Jacksonville, Texas
“Just about your avg steakhouse”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

First of all its all but impossible to park here as the lot is laid out so that you have to walk a ways to the restaurant. The layout of the restaurant is not unlike any other Texas Roadhouse, tons of peanut shells on the floor, lots of people standing in the doorway as there is little room to sit and wait, and the music is so loud that you cant hear yourself think. Lots of torn upholstery on booth seats and more than its fair share of tables jammed into the open areas. Service extremely slow. Drink refills are nonexistent. Dallas filet is very tender but not quite cooked to our order. Pork chops were the same way.......quite a bit undercooked and bloody to be served. Lots of screaming kids and wait staff was rushing everyone to "hurry and finish".......or at least that was the feeling we got. Nothing leisurely about this meal......its hurry, hurry, hurry. Lots of bus boys standing around, propping up the walls, waiting for people to leave so they could clean up. I prefer the clean up staff stand around somewhere other than the back of my booth staring at everyone. I've eaten at many Texas Roadhouses and this one is the worst of all of them.

Visited February 2014

Corsicana, Texas
“Friendly and casual atmosphere”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We had dinner there on Veteran's day, and we enjoyed it a lot.
They were having specials for Veterans, so, place was packed. Waitresses were friendly, food was great.
I had steak kabob and green beans. Kabob's meat was juicy and bell peppers/onions/tomatoes grilled with it was just great. It came with seasoned rice and I really enjoyed this dish.
My husband had "Road Kill" , which is like a big juicy hamburger pattie smothered with onion and mushroom and cheese. He really loved it too.
Place was so crowded and music was loud, but server was nice. It's great for casual dining. Very friendly atmosphere.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Great food”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Great place,good food,great staff and nice atmosphere. took family here and everyone enjoyed the food. first time i have been to one that if you played footloose on the jukebox. the staff stops what their doing and dances ro it. it was fun. A lot of birthdays to had alot of fun.

Elkhart
“Best Steakhouse in Tyler”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

If you are looking to find a good steak in Tyler, then the Texas Roadhouse is the place to go. We have eaten here over 25 times in the past three years, and we have yet to have a bad meal. While you wait on your meal, you can eat parched peanuts and yeast rolls. Their salads that come with the steaks are wonderful. They are actually large enough to be a meal in themselves. The steaks are always great and they are always cooked perfectly. I don't know about the desserts, because I have always been to full after a steak to be able to hold another bite. We have to drive for an hour just to get to the restaurant from our house, but it is always worth it. They don't allow reservations, but they will allow you to call ahead to put your name on the waiting list. If you try to eat her after 6pm, I would recommend it, because there is always a line of people waiting. You can't go wrong eating here.

Sulphur Springs, Texas
“Too Much Fat !!!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Way too much fat !!! I spent most of my time pulling fat and grizzle out of my mouth. I spent $16 for a salad, baked potato and a 12 oz Fort Worth Rib-eye which had 35% or more fat and grizzle. When I brought this to the attention of the waitress she left to talk to management. Upon her return, her reply to me was that the purpose of all the fat was to season and tenderize the meat !!!! Seriously...I paid premium price for FAT ??? I ask for a Manager, he too repeated this same rehearsed speech. On my way out, I asked to see a 12 oz rib-eye since their meats are visible in a display case. He pulled out a box of rib-eyes loaded with fat. I shook my head in disgust. Chris the grill cook, suggested that next time I ask to pick my own steak. Thank you Chris, I can respect that. It is a sad day when you can't even trust a steak house to give you a good quality steak. They didn't even attempt to make it right or offer two dollars off...nothing. So how many of you would like to pay for and be happy with all this fat content ?