“Decent, but not worth the money.”

La Quinta Inn Tyler
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Tyler
Plano, Texas
“Decent, but not worth the money.”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We arrived to check into our hotel a little after 3, the check in time and was told our room was not available. Surprising enough several people who arrived after us were offered rooms. Even when I told the counter lady that we were dependent on the 3 check in due to a wedding, she said there was nothing she could do. About 30 mins later we got our keys. Once we got to the room, the bathroom had mildew and the sheets had stains. Other than that just needs some updating. Bed was decent. We missed breakfast, buy looks like the only hot thing was waffles. For the price we paid should of spent another $20 and stayed in a nicer place.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank cweber22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I first called the res call ctr and got a rate for a sr. Then I called the property itself and got same discount, but for $5 cheaper! Day of dep I called to cancel call ctr res., but it never went through!!
We had 2 dogs, so I guess we were put in the 'pet' section. There must be a spring that runs through the place, mom almost slipped getting across the runoff in parking lot.....it was slimy!
The room was pretty, the beds were made nicely, carpets looked good and no odors! Nice tv. Dresser is old, maid didn't ck the freezer. Micro was fine. Went to tub room, it was old. As I sat there, I looked at the door and it was really in need of a cleaning! No draw fan. The sink area was old as well. My mattress was an old pillow top and you could feel the metal that goes around the top edge, it made a creaking sound when I sat on it. It was still comfy for sleeping. There were 3 square pillows on the beds, which I thought was odd. They were just old pillows made to look square, and the pillow cases had holes! B'fast was over a bit early, 9a, missed that. Safe neighborhood. Quiet

Room Tip: Don't stay behind greek restaurant, kind of busy in the morning.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank depnomore
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Good service, EXCELLENT room, nice pool and a lot more than I had expected after a few other 'chain' motels. This really did provide a good, quiet, clean room for the night and a decent breakfast. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Mount Pleasant, Texas
Reviewed 20 September 2013

A bargain at quarter again the price. Conveniently located with a nice Greek restaurant next door. Our only complaint is that the late night clerk failed to mention that a discount was available for AARP members. She ask if I belonged to AAA, which confused the issue. She seemed rather confused herself.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Vicksburg MS
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Just needed a comfortable bed for a night enroute to Austin. LaQuinta was a very good choice as the bed was indeed comfortable, the room nicely furnished, and the staff quite friendly and efficient. It was a little noisy first thing in the morning just before we got up because of workers gathering outside in the parking lot before going to their jobsites, but that was really minor. Continental breakfast looked to be o.k., did have waffles, so there was at least one hot food option available.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 September 2013

La Quinta Inns are always clean and the price is never outrageous, you definitely get what you pay for. Of all the inns I have stayed at La Quinta Inn is the only chain I have always been totally satisfied with, others are iffy. I never worry about what to expect when I arrive and check-in at a La Quinta, they never have disappointed me. If you need a place to hang your hat for a night or two always consider La Quinta Inns, they are about as close to home as it gets.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This hotel has had some recent remodeling and is nice. The staff was very nice and accommodating. I had several bags and the gentleman let me have a room on the first floor. Wish I had more time as the pool area seemed relaxing. Room was very clean.

Room Tip: Doors open to the outside of the hotel. Might ask for a downstairs room if you have a lot of bags.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business