Super 8 Tyler TX
  • Breakfast included
US$103
US$91
Travelocity
All reviewsroom was cleanhot breakfastfront deskevery monthfirst monday trade dayssausagebiscuitsmini fridge and microwaveplace to stayfast foodwafflesparking lotstaff was friendlynice stayfree breakfastmotelcanton
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We stayed here while on a trip to Trade Days in Canton, TX. The lobby is quite nice with adequate, if not exactly warm and welcoming, front desk personnel. The breakfast area appeared to be clean and inviting, but we didn't eat there, so I can't comment on the food or selection. The room was large, bathroom was average, and the king bed was very comfortable! The refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and hair dryer worked fine. We were able to park right in front of our room both night, which is a big plus to us. We never even looked at the pool...sorry! We did have a few cons. There must have been a team of gymnasts upstairs, because we heard jumping and running all day long, but at least they slept at night. (Of course, this is not the management's fault.) We heard cars, car alarms, people talking and yelling outside, etc. half the night. (Again, not management's fault.) And both mornings, we were awakened quite early by the custodians rolling their carts up and down the sidewalk in front of our room. They were very loud and annoying. Also, be careful when exiting the driveway on the north side of the hotel. We almost lost our bumper due to the steep angle. All in all, we would stay there again due to the great rate we got, but only if we're staying a night or two at the most.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Patel612, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Tyler TX, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us here at the Super 8 Tyler feedback on your stay. We appreciate your positive feedback on our rooms, lobby, and front desk clerks’ friendliness. Our goal is to make your stay as comfortable as possible and we are glad that you are bringing the housekeeping carts and outdoor noise to our attention. We will make it a goal to control the noise that our housekeeping staff makes with their carts, as well as, managing the excessive noise outside due to our other guests. We are glad that you recommend staying with us and hope that you come during the summer time so that you can spend time at our pool. Once again I would like to thank you for your feedback and wish to see you again.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
ManagerTyler, Manager at Super 8 Tyler TX, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

The staff was not especially friendly but did their job. The hotel is old but the room was clean, the beds comfortable and breakfast was good. The walls are thin and if you are on the second floor you can here everything going on in the parking lot. The location feels a bit unsafe with alot of people in and out all night . At one point we did have to call the front desk to help break up an argument outside our door. I would spend the extra money to stay somewhere else for a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: March 2013
ManagerTyler, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Tyler TX, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

First I would like to apologize for your inconvenient stay here at Super 8 Tyler. Thank you for your honesty regarding our room cleanliness and our breakfast. I am sorry that you had to experience an unpleasant night and that you felt unsafe. We do have security patrol the property during the night and assure you that we will take the correct measures to make sure this does not happen again. Once again I would like to apologize for you inconvenient stay and hope that you give the Super 8 Tyler another chance.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

This was my first stay at the Super 8,and I must say was greatly impressed with the way I was greeted at the door. The guy at the front desk went over and beyond to make sure that I would be please with my stay there. He allowed me to see the room before I committed to staying there,and paying for anything. The room was very nice and clean. the area was very quiet and clean as well. I will be a regular here for my trips to Tyler.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility and hope to see you in your future travels.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

This place is horrible! The rooms are filthy, the sofa had stains (looked like seamen) the floor was so dirty I hated to remove my shoes. There were dead birds in the hallway. The staff barely spoke English. Sleeping in my truck would have been more pleasant.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank denis c
ManagerTyler, Manager at Super 8 Tyler TX, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for writing a response to our service to you. We have remodeling our hotel rooms and that includes new carpet. We cannot help the dead bird situation except to clean it up when they die. If you would like to inspect our new rooms come on by and let us give you a tour. We hope to see you soon.