“Great Place!!”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Uvalde
Uvalde, Texas
“Great Place!!”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I did not actually stay in this motel, since I live in Uvalde, but two friends of mine did stay there, for 2 nights, so I spent a lot of time in their room. The room is unusually large for a Motel 6, but then it was once a Holiday Inn. Everything was very clean and spotless and everything worked well. My friends had no complaints. They were impressed with the room as soon as they saw it. They both said the beds were very comfortable. There is a fridge and microwave in the room and a wide selection of TV channels. This motel only consists of one building. It was once part of Holiday Inn, but that property closed this building because they had too many rooms and could not sell them all. Then Holiday Inn built a new Holiday Inn Express Motel in town and their old property became Quality Inn. Quality Inn did not use this building either, but then Motel 6 bought it and renovated it and did an excellent job. Eight rooms have kitchenettes. The rooms on the west side of the building do not have parking in front of them. Instead, they face a wall that separates Motel 6 from Quality Inn. So, if you stay on this side, you will have to park some distance away from the room. There is a convenience store across the street east of the motel. I would recommend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms on west side do not have parking in front of them, nor a road of any kind, so they might be a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank brushcountrydweller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed at this motel 6 of uvalde.... best ever.. very clean.. no carpet which is a plus. Pet friendly. Office clerk was very clear spoken and well dressed. Manager was also there in office. Very nice lady. Loved the greeting expecially. . Got my preferences room! Convience to the best places in uvalde..
I give this a five star accommodation:)
Defentantly staying here agiain. As well promote this certain establishment. ..
as for a comment below: you shouldn't blaime the electricity problems on the motel. Thats due to a storm or even the city of uvalde. Plus you cant rush those things to be fix die to dangerous shock...
and about the manager she does have other things and a personal life .. she cannot drop everything just to satisfy you and only you right there and then... just saying.
Thank you..

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank albertoverdusco
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I was quite happy with the little spot! It was clean, up to date. The girl at the front desk was very friendly. There was a nice picnic/bbq area with lots of fresh grass for pets too. I was quiet and I enjoyed my 2 days there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Christina P
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Stayed on two different occasions, specifically for the cost. Beds are on a platform, and the mattresses are substandard. The rooms are clean, which is a plus, and they accept pets which is a huge plus. No extra blankets in the room, but you may call office and they will bring if needed. There is a refrigerator and microwave, but the fridge doesn't' t cool like I' m used to at home. Motel has WiFi. Backside of motel is quiet, which we like.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hardiharhar_10
Reviewed 1 December 2012

This hotel wasn't bad until my coworkers truck got broken into and later my other coworker had a firearm stolen from his room without any forced entry. Clearly an inside job. So if you like the things you own i wouldn't recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank dangerboy45

Travellers are raving about these Uvalde hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 23 September 2012

If you have not stayed in a Motel 6 in a few years, then you most likely do not know that they have renovated to a more modern type room. Its nice. The check in was basic but im not going to complain- I work in an upscale hotel in downtown San Antonio, TX and I know that the desk agents method of check in would not be up standards at the property I work at. But hey, I was checking into a Motel, I was happy with what I got for the amount I paid for. Just dont ask the agent any questions because a chuckle and an "I dont really know" is all you'll get. Instead of being upset with him I was humored because If i did that at the Hotel I work at I would have nailed!! Anyway good stay for the price. No Breakfast. Comp'd Coffee at the desk in the AM.

Room Tip: Upgraded Rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MartinOlivares-
Houston
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My husband and I came to Uvalde because we were meeting up with friends at Garner State Park. We arrived Friday late afternoon and checked in. It is a bare room with a hard bed that (surprisingly) slept well - but we were tired. There is no pool and no frills. This is the cheapest room in Uvalde, Texas but you get what you pay for, believe me.

We got up early on Saturday morning to go eat breakfast at a restaurant and then off to the Park. We got back to our room about 8:30pm that night just wanting a shower and climb into bed as we had golf reservations the next day. Before we pulled into the parking lot, we saw the electric service trucks. There were 2 other cars in the parking lot. We found out the electricity had gone out early that morning after we left and still was not on. We spoke with the office clerk who said that it would be an hour or so. We decided to wait.

After an hour came and went, we spoke with the office clerk again and we were told another hour or so. They never once said that they did not know when the power would be back on nor did they offer to refund the room if we went elsewhere. All that was said was that the manager may give people 50% off if they stayed. We asked where the manager was and were told that "she went to get candles" - (for a motel?!!! - really smart!).

At 10:30pm (when it's ONLY 97 degrees outside- see pic), my husband went to find out what was going on and was told that it was going to be 3 hours before the electricity was back on. Had we been told this at 8:30pm when we arrived back, we would have had enough daylight to get all of our items from the room and go elsewhere. As it was, I went to speak with the clerk and insisted that she call the manager to find out when she was going to be back (I was told that the manager would NOT be at the motel the next morning). At that point, I passed her my cell phone to the clerk when she said that her phone was dead and she couldn't call the manager. Needless to say, the manager did not answer the phone nor did she call my cell phone even though I left my name, room number and cell number with the clerk and told her that we wanted to speak with her.

My husband and I went to Quality Inn next door and got a room (granted quite a bit more but there were perks like a full breakfast) that we should have considered before we booked our stay at motel hell next door. We went back to Motel 6 to find out if the manager had returned (she hadn't) and to tell them that we wanted a refund on our room. It was only after telling the clerk that I had taken photos of the note on the door and the electric company hauling the transformer did she state that they would refund the room but could not do it until the power came up.

Had we NOT been lied to about when the power would return......had the manager been a little bit more on the ball as well as responsive and had been there to guide a clerk who had only worked at the motel for 2 weeks......had instructions been left to say, 'yes we will refund the prepaid rooms', then this review MAY not be this harsh. However, it took me calling the customer service national office and telling them I took photos of this incident and that the manager refused to call my cell number to finally get confirmation that we would be refunded for our room. (I really feel bad for the people who paid cash, because they did NOT get their cash back as the clerk refused to give the cash back).

This story, however, STILL does not end here.......when are we to EXPECT the refund to show on our card do you ask? 5 - 7 business days!!!!!!!!!! That's right, ladies and gentlemen. Your money is taken up front and it will take 5 - 7 business days to get a refund when you can not sleep in your room! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go to Quality Inn next door!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple