“Dirty dirty dirty .you get wht u pay for”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn of Uvalde

Inn of Uvalde
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Uvalde
“Dirty dirty dirty .you get wht u pay for”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The inn of uvaled was dirty as heck. Beds sheets were stained an hair all over. No need to say more . We asked for a full refund an left. I wouldnt recomend this place to any one. ..cmon stained sheets. How hard is it to clean them...or heck replace

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank texas_roper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Laredo, Texas
Reviewed 1 December 2012

The only positive thing I can say about this hotel is that I didn't actually see bugs. Horrible place. I basically got stuck there, The oil business in South Texas means rooms arescarce. This place takes advantage of that. my first night, I arrived just as the housekeeper was finishing the make ready. I thought it odd she spred carpet fresh before leaving. Found out why the next day. Anyway, the first thing I did once I got settled and actually looked around was to go to the store and buy a can of lysol. Everything got sprayed. The bed was horrid, sheets thin, no matress pad, and a cheap and smelly bedspread. The coffee maker was ancient, as was everything, and the coffee they supplied tasted like sewer water. The shower had long black hair in it. This was bad. But when I returned frommy business the following day, I discovered that housekedping had replace towels and made the bed. that's it. No vaccuming, cleaning the bathroom, anything. And thenI discoverd why she had used carpet fresh. It had worn off, and the room reeked of stinky feet and sewerage. The towels were gray, stained and scratchy. I brought my own shampoo after seeing soemting out of a third world company supplied. Breakfast was a joke, unless you like cereal and white toast. Had i had a child or spouse with me, we would have pitched a tent, because I wouldn't have subjected them to it. The Bates Motel from Psycho looks like the Ritz compared to this dump.

Room Tip: Choose somwhere else. consider camping out.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank M K
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We are here to visit a family member not on a hunting trip. I don't understand why I was quoted a pricewith our AARP discount and am being told at the time of checking that they will not accept the discount because it is hunting season. I am also noting that a lot of the other comment are true. No extra pillows, worn furniture at 84.00 ? This is a small town with few hotels and need some sort of regulation. Are they making up the rules as they go with total disregard of what is being advertised?

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank acookinthfalls
Jourdanton, Texas
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed there for eight days and really had no problems other than running out of towels, but when requested, they brought more. For the amount of the rooms, I would consider staying there again. I had no MAJOR problems with them.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bryan H
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 December 2011

****STAY AWAY FROM THIS PROPERTY AT ALL COST*****

If you have to CANCEL your reservation make sure youy have a cancellation number and person's first and last name as Ms. Diana Chapa(Manager) will not honor the cancellation. She will not return calls to fix problem or answer phone calls when she is on the property.

THEY SCREWED UP OUR RESERVATION DATES AND WHEN WE CANCELLED OVER A MONTH BEFORE THE TRIP THEY STILL CHARGED OUR CREDIT CARD.

Room Tip: Find another property in Uvalde as this one is very bad
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank BobB1948
Springfield, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I have stayed here for almost 3 weeks for work and my only real complaint is the beds are stiff! You can tell this is an older motel but if you do not want to pay $148 after tax at the Holiday inn Express I would def recommend this motel. If possible make sure you get a room facing the courtyard area that way you can enjoy the large oaks and bbq pits. I would stay here again if ever back in the Uvalde area.

Room Tip: Get a room on the courtyard side and away from the restaurant/bar
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank TLB_017
Austin,Texas
Reviewed 28 June 2011

On JUNE 25TH,2011 I made reservation for at least six to ten rooms and checked in to the hotel .But not all my family members got the rate they were promised. We needed the rooms,so we payed and stayed.The front desk staff and night audit staff were nice. I had no problem with them.When I was going up to my room on the second floor their was blood all over the stairs,I called and reported they said it would get cleaned .I walked into are room had a bad odor.Several of us got switch from rooms and one room still had a dirty towel in the shower. we fix the problem, We left for dinner and came back late that evening and blood was still on the stairs .I woke up Sunday morning went to my car and what do I see down the stairs the same blood still their at 9:30am .I called to front desk to requested for fresh towels(10:50 am) they told me I needed to take them the dirty towels in order to get clean towels.I send my teenage son to get the towels an the manger told him no cause we had a Sunday check out. and then my son went to a housekeeping cart and ask her for towels which he got and their comes the manger right behind him to take them away. so no towel no shower. Then one of my family requested for a late check out that was a night mare front desk clerk said it was fined no problem noon is okay. But no their comes manger and threaten them to leave in 5 min are they will call the cops to escorted them out.Thank you Manger Yvonne for the worst hotel stayed .

Room Tip: nothing
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family