“NEVER AGAIN!!!!!”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Uvalde
Cotulla, Texas
“NEVER AGAIN!!!!!”
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We went to Uvalde for a family wedding and booked our room online; big mistake. I went by what I saw online and thought it didn't look too bad. Never again will I do that. Overall the room looked clean. We should have gone by our gut instinct when we saw the beds almost touching the floor. It felt like we were on the box spring only, very uncomfortable. Each bed only had two pillows, which wouldn't have bothered us if the pillow had fluff in them. We had to fold the pillows in half to feel it there. I was going to complain, but I checked online first and saw other hotels were full so I didn't bother. My sister and her family stayed at the Holiday Inn for almost the same price and their room was beautiful. :(

Room Tip: ask for a room with a comfortable bed
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank familytravelers88
Noemi C, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Uvalde, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for your review! I am so sorry to hear about your experience with us. We have since replaced beds and TV's to make our rooms as comfortable as possible. I hope you will consider giving us another chance next time you are in Uvalde.

Thanks again!

Noemi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 6 March 2011

I paid for a single room, they gave me a room with two beds and asked me to only use one? Am I paying for a bed or a room? The first bed I turned over had huge stains on the sheets, was the last person also asked to only use one bed ? If that's the case then I should only be charged for half a room. This was not my first stay at this hotel and I expected to have better service. I am so disappointed and will not be staying there again. I am a frequent visitor to the area.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank ishstar007
rubenreyes, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Uvalde, responded to this review, 25 May 2011
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay I have taken steps to make sure that this never hapens again. I hope that you give us another opertunity to show you the true quality of customer service.

Naomi

Travellers are raving about these Uvalde hotels

Central Texas
Reviewed 25 January 2011

Nothing special. It's consistent. Clean and inexpensive.

• Stayed May 2010
I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you soon.

Uvalde, Texas
Reviewed 6 September 2010

I stayed here 2 nights. On the first night the clerk ask me how old I was. I am 33 and look like a teen so she said it was a compliment. I got offended a lil b/c I felt like what she was really implying was that I look to young to be getting a room. The toilet was broken and I had to keep putting my hand in the tank to flush it. I fixed it by the way. On the second night, we had family and friends coming in and out to visit including their children and we were asked to register the children, who werent going to stay with us by the way. Then they were calling our room everytime someone came in our door and said we needed to pay for another adult or get another room. They threatened to call the Uvalde Police Dept if we wernt out in 10 min or pay for another adult and we would not get a refund if we decided to leave. They also said they have a 11p visitor curfew time which isnt written anywhere on the Hotel Notice or the receipt. They said they can make up rules as they go. Needless to say our kids stayed at a friends and we ended up paying way to much for 3 adults to stay in a 2bed room for 1 night with another broken toilet on Labor Day weekend!! And for the topper "I am writing this review using their WIFI!! I will never stay here again and I vow to tell everyone about my experience!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank WTFMAN
I apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay; I have talked to my staff regarding your concerns, and have placed new guidelines in place to make certain that this never happens again. I hope that you give us the opportunity again, and look forward to serving you.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2007

While this motel was nothing special, it was certainly adequate for a one night stay prior to our camping vacation at Garner State Park. The ice machines were both broken, which was a bit of a hassle, and the continental breakfast was nothing all that great. But the room was clean and didn't smell too terribly of cigarette smoke (we couldn't get a non-smoking room). Nice pool area. By the way, there's not too much in that way of restaurants in the town of Uvalde--best to go with the Dairy Queen or something else fast food and save your money.

• Liked — proximity to nearby Garner State Park
  • Disliked — Faint cigarette smoke smell in room
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)