“Minimal Meal - Unhealthy - Overpriced”
Review of KOA Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
KOA Cafe
Cuisines: Southwestern
Description: TripAdvisor has the KOA campground listed but the restaurant is not operated by the KOA owners. The folks that own the restaurant have been there for 8 years. They serve breakfast and dinner. We ate there tonight (1/16/11 and would recommend it.
San Antonio, TX
“Minimal Meal - Unhealthy - Overpriced”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I had the dinner special, which was chicken strips. The food was cooked and served quickly - frozen items deep fried on the spot. The meal consisted of fried chicken strips with gravy, and French Fries. That's it. No salad, no vegetable side. This, with water for a drink cost nearly $10, and the portions were modest - neither small nor generous.

The food tasted okay enough for fried food. The water tasted and smelled funny. Flies were in the dining area, and the whole place smelled like old burned cooking oil. I came out of the place smelling like I was deep fried myself, and showered when I got back to my lodging, and hung out my clothes to not stink-up my room.

I tried it, but I won't be back to try anything else.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Gideon_Krasmanic

Dix hills NY
“Good food”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We had good food they have nice pool my kids enjoyed the pool food was good for the price liked it

Visited August 2011