“A welcome place to stay driving thru TX”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon College Area (Hwy 287)
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here after a long day on the road and what a pleasure it was to flop down in this beautiful, comfortable place (hey, but I had checked the Trip Advisor reviews first - thanks everyone!). Check-in staff (and other staff) all very courteous and welcoming. The check-in staff referred us to The Rusty Spur a block or two away for a late dinner and that worked out great. Our room was clean, cool, etc. Very nice. Got no complaints.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed here twice in one (1) weekend due to weather. It was new, clean and comfortable and staff was friendly. The second time we even stayed in a room near the elevator with no noise problems. The breakfast was good and the commissary was stocked adequately. The only drawback was paying $2.00 for washing a load of clothes.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

This chain of hotels always seems to be new and clean. The staff here was especially friendly and helpful. Nice pool and fitness area. Convenient location right off the highway. I'm sure we will be staying here again as we travel here frequently.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Sarah P
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Was driving to Albuquerque without any reservations (didn't want to commit to a place only to discover I was still good to go further). Drove by another budget chain motel and decided I'd get back on the road and go on to the next town (wasn't impressed with the area nor was it very well lit). However when I got to the next exit I saw the HIE and decided to try my luck. The hotel was mostly full but the front desk clerk was able to get me a discounted AAA rate on a suite (king bed, couch, coffee table, wet bar, and desk) and she apologized for the rate still being too high. I don't mind paying the $$ for a clean and comfortable room.

My room was very clean and spacious. The parking lot is well lit and for being right next to 287, it was a quiet hotel.

I was so impressed with my stay on the way to Albuquerque that when I decided that I didn't want to drive all the way to Ft Worth on my return trip (original planned destination for the night), I had my husband make a reservation for me at this hotel. My room that night was a double queen. Both rooms had a wet bar, desk, and a nice bench to sit down on while putting on shoes.

Breakfast options included hot food (bacon, eggs, pancakes, biscuits and gravy) along with the HIE standard cinnamon rolls and other continental options. They also had a small offering of snacks and drinks to purchase next to the front desk. Wifi worked great. Didn't try out the swimming pool but the fitness center was very basic.

Definately would stay here again if I'm travelling thru and need a room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Traveling between Amarillo and Wichita Falls is a pretty long stretch. It was great seeing this Holiday Inn Express along the way. As usual with a Holiday Inn Express, this experience didn't disappoint. Staff was good, rooms were clean, WiFi worked great, and breakfast is always great! Took my whole family on this trip, and everyone was rested and all smiles when we left. Thanks!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This is a very nice, clean hotel. Staff is very courteous and the expanded breakfast is very good. Grounds are well kept and the parking lot is well lit. No complaints whatsoever. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Paladine5
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay. Quiet, clean and comfortable. Large room with pullout couch, new furniture and ample space to relax. Easy access from highway. Staff very courteous and free breakfast. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank GGPOP
Travellers also viewed these Vernon hotels
Hampton Inn Vernon
#5 of 8 in Vernon
Green Tree Inn
Green Tree Inn
#1 of 1 in Vernon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon College Area (Hwy 287)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon College Area (Hwy 287)

Address: 700 Hillcrest Dr, Vernon, TX 76384-2816
Region: United States > Texas > Vernon
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Vernon
Price Range: £87 - £119 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon College Area (Hwy 287) 2.5*
ALL ROOMS are entirely smoke free. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon is the newest and finest hotel in Vernon, Texas: located on HWY 287 and Hwy 70. Vernon is located in North Central Texas within 3 hours driving distance from Oklahoma City, Dallas-Fort Worth, Abilene, Amarillo and Lubbock. Located minutes from Vernon College, Tyson Wright Brand Foods, Texas Youth Commission, Rhodia, WalMart and downtown Vernon, there is a variety of dining and recreational activities for your convenience and enjoyment. This Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites offers our guests a choice of suites, spa rooms, or standard rooms. All rooms feature a wet bar, mini refrigerator, microwave, coffee makers and 32 inch televisions. Also for your convenience and enjoyment, we offer an indoor pool and hot tub, fitness center, business center and wireless and hard wired Internet in ALL guest rooms and free continental breakfast. We can also host your upcoming meetings in our board room or our spacious breakfast area. Come see what Vernon is all about and meet our special mascot 'Peetie'. Stay smart and stay at the Vernon Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites. it's our pleasure to serve you. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon College Area (Hwy 287) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Vernon College Area (Hwy 287)
Vernon Holiday Inn