“Couldn't Be More Perfect!”
other travellers have booked this property
The Great Room:  fireplace, leather couch and chairs, oriental rugs Gourmet Kitchen: gas range, microwave, copper cookware, nonstick cookware, full range of appliances
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Great Room:  fireplace, leather couch and chairs, oriental rugs
Dinning Area and Kitchen:
table seats 6; counter seats 2
Great Room: TV & stereo cabinet; wine cabinet; entrance to Bedroom
Bedroom: queen size bed faces TV and book shelves
Bedroom: writing desk and chair; french doors open out to patio
Bedroom: ceiling fan; TV and books
1st floor Bath: vanity; 2 person shower; window seat
Great Room:
stairway to Loft
View from Loft: Dinning Area; Kitchen; Great Room
Loft: 3 twin beds; 2 ceiling fans
2nd floor Bath: vanity and claw foot tub
Roof Porch: think morning coffee; evening wine
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
meljjr
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Couldn't Be More Perfect!”
Reviewed 24 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

There truly are no words to describe how accommodating, hospitable, and kind Mark and Mary are. We really felt like we should have tracked them down and hugged them after our stay and felt weird leaving without saying good-bye. The cottage is gorgeous and had more than you need, the food is delicious and plentiful, and you just want to chat with them for hours! Mark, understanding why people are coming and spending time away, so sweetly pries Mary away after a short while to give you space to enjoy your time. You really do want to keep chatting, however, they feel like family even before you arrive with their welcoming emails, offers and well wishes. Have been thinking of ways to get back there since our departure 2-days ago. Absolutely wonderful!!

26 Sep 2016
Melissa,
Thank you for your heartfelt review. Your sentiments are ours as well. Mary must have bugged me no less than three times (since you left a week ago) to make sure you keep us informed about "The Purchase." We're excited for you both. You're the ideal combination: Tim, as the engineer, can fix anything. And, you, Melissa, are Miss Personality in the hospitality scene.
Speaking to the rest of the world, this young couple are on the cusp of hosting their own B&B in Stillwater, the oldest town in Minnesota. If things work out, theirs is going to be the charm of the town. And having spent many a day in Stillwater, the town is the charm of MN.
So, thank you again for your thoughtful review. But thank you most of all for sharing with us the high hopes of your lives together.
It is good to know that you put so much of yourselves in God's hands. Keep us in touch.
Kerith L
“Perfect Quiet Retreat”
Reviewed 7 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Mark and Mary are amazing people. They welcomed us as though we were family. What a dear couple. This beautiful home is newly built and located out in the country. Very quiet. Truly a retreat. The cottage has EVERYTHING you could possibly need.... comfortable bed, plenty of room, ironing board, iron, DVDs, fresh fruit, wine in the wine rack (please leave $15 per bottle), a full size refrigerator stocked with juice, water and various breakfast items. For breakfast, Mary baked delicious quiche, scones and friendship bread. What a lovely place. We hope to return!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the quiet environment
Liked least: can't think of anything
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
9 Sep 2016
Kerith,
The best responses are always the most spontaneous. I will now quote Mary, after reading her your review. "I hope they do (return). They were wonderful. They had so little time (the Baylor game was to start soon), yet they just sat there and talked with us." To which I add my own "thank you." It means so much to a host to know their efforts are appreciated. We've lived the better part of our lives for ourselves and our families. Now, we get to live for others. And when we read thoughts such as yours, you just can't beat the life.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beautiful Memories”
Reviewed 5 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Tell Story is by far is the best place my family and myself could have created such beautiful memories for our family. This home was built with love- every single room reflects the care Mark and Mary have put into it. Every detail of home, made for such a pleasant stay.(even an umbrella!-which we needed badly!) Meeting Mark and Mark and listening to them "tell their story" from the tiles Mary perfected by touching every tile 7 times to perfect it, to the beautiful decor- gave it every comfort of home! We are so happy to have met such a beautiful couple and new friends.On a scale of 1-10, I will happily give a 20!

Thank you for your hospitality, care, smiles and sweetness. "Bless your hearts" and thank you for the memories!
Rose C.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
6 Sep 2016
Wow. Mary and I read your words and your presence comes back all over again. Often times our guests share with us something personal about their lives. You, each of you, were an open door into life in New England and the storms and sands of old Cape Cod. When you left, we felt as if we'd known you for years. And remember, that includes Lori teaching me to speak "Bostonian." The only matter that remains is, "When will you back?" Until that day, we'll just have to settle for the memories. As before, may God be with you always.
MommaB848...
Dallas, Texas
“A perfect reunion in a perfect setting!”
Reviewed 31 August 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Each summer three high school classmates gather to catch up on the past year and look forward to plans for the next. We always have a great time, but this year's choice of Tell Story Walk was by far the best! The beautiful central Texas setting, the gorgeous custom home and the welcoming hosts gave us everything we could ask for. What was most fun for us was the three twin beds that accommodated our grown-up slumber party perfectly! This home gets the full five star rating!

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
1 Sep 2016
Annette, Laura, and Denise,
One of the most enjoyable things Mary and I get to do when we're reviewed is remember our guests all over again. Now, since you've outed yourselves, I can tell the world that we walked home that night laughing with delight about how you were going to have a good ol' fashion slumber party in the loft. Had we known your plan in advance, I'd have tried to find a copy of "Friday the 13th" for you to watch. But then again, were you to have watched it to the end, it might have been a little crowded with all three of you in one twin bed. Hope with see you again someday.
All our best, Mark and Mary
Lori464
“Made with love and it shows.”
Reviewed 28 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Mark and Mary are by far the most gracious and hospitable hosts I have met. Their attention to detail and personable touches made my stay a home away from home. The heart and soul and hard work they placed here truly shines. I cannot say enough positive things about my stay except to go! You will not regret it and will find it hard leaving.
The best part of the trip was teach Mark (Mahk) a few Boston phrases, and he nailed it

29 Aug 2016
Ray, Jean, Lori, and all,
Our experience in hosting our B & B has been the most fun endeavor Mary and I have known in our "work" lives. But please don't pass that around. Retired people would be coming out of the woodwork if they knew how rewarding it can be. And the reason always comes back to the people. You New Englanders had us from day one. We found ourselves missing you the afternoon after you left. In reflection, I think the most telling thing I can say is that sipping a scotch or pahking a cah or eating a lobstah, will nevah be quite the same again.. Thank you for your generous thoughts. And come back.
All our best, Mark and Mary
Livlafluv...
“A home away from home”
Reviewed 21 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Thank you, Mark and Mary, for such a fantastic stay. From the moment we arrived we felt as if we were visiting family. Your warm welcome, delicious treats, Baylor flag, and beautiful cottage made us all feel as if we had just arrived home from a long trip. Thank you for your words of wisdom and for loving on our girls as well. Thank you for blessing us so greatly! We look forward to returning soon.

22 Aug 2016
Susan,
Your every word about feeling as family speaks for Mary and me. We'll not forget how your daughters bailed out of that car, greeted us with a hug, and turned in delight toward our cottage. You were all travel weary, having been on the go from morning to night; still each of you had it in you to give back to us our own welcome. Ours has been, and continues to be a journey in relationships. Folks like you and Ron, and your incredible Jennifer and Heather, make our hospitality dreams play out in the most surprising of ways. At the ripe age of 70, I can honestly say Browning was right: "... Grow old along with me. The best is yet to be: the last of life, for which the first was made." It's experiencing people like you that prove his thoughts true.
Thank you for coming here. Mark and Mary
Nrcbs
“I love Mark and Mary!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

This cottage is the most beautiful and well kept place I have ever stayed. I have been to Washington, Maine, Alaska, and Boston and this cottage exceeds anywhere I have stated before. The owners are the sweetest people I have ever met and staying there was a blessing for me and my friends. I would recommend anyone to stay here! Mark and Mary are so sweet and kind!

19 Aug 2016
Natalie,
Are you sure you're not a long lost daughter? Yours are the most touching, the most personal of thoughts.
Our guests always leave a distinctive impression on us - unique as the individuals themselves. In your case, you're a quiet, selfless servant to your friends in the truest of ways. As the organizer of your group, we listened to your special hopes for this occasion as the days approached. All you cared about was that your time here be a blessing to your friends and the bride-to-be. So it is that you left us with more than a memory of 5 whacky, fun, beautiful women. You touched our hearts.
Thank you. And God be with you and your family in the days to come. Mark
P.S. Remember, Paint!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing