“Lovely Cottage - Wonderful Food - Tranquil Setting”
other travellers have booked this property
The Great Room:  fireplace, leather couch and chairs, oriental rugs Gourmet Kitchen: gas range, microwave, copper cookware, nonstick cookware, full range of appliances
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Great Room:  fireplace, leather couch and chairs, oriental rugs
Dinning Area and Kitchen:
table seats 6; counter seats 2
Great Room: TV & stereo cabinet; wine cabinet; entrance to Bedroom
Bedroom: queen size bed faces TV and book shelves
Bedroom: writing desk and chair; french doors open out to patio
Bedroom: ceiling fan; TV and books
1st floor Bath: vanity; 2 person shower; window seat
Great Room:
stairway to Loft
View from Loft: Dinning Area; Kitchen; Great Room
Loft: 3 twin beds; 2 ceiling fans
2nd floor Bath: vanity and claw foot tub
Roof Porch: think morning coffee; evening wine
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 81 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Susan B
“Lovely Cottage - Wonderful Food - Tranquil Setting”
Reviewed 5 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

An absolute gem in every respect. The cottage is conveniently designed, perfectly appointed, and impeccably maintained - and wheelchair accessible. The setting is on a large, beautifully maintained site with large oaks, multiple seating areas, and convenient parking. The cottage itself has seating on the front, to the side under an arbor, and by the chiminea. Bird feeders and fountains guarantee lots of feathered visitors (We saw a roadrunner in the yard). As charming as the cottage itself is, flower-filled and bright, the hospitality of the innkeepers, Mary and Mark, takes the experience to a completely different level! Upon arrival we found a well-stocked refrigerator: fruit and homemade whipped cream, juices, and yogurt. On the counter were a loaf of friendship bread, fresh scones, homemade granola, and wine chilling on ice. Breakfasts were large and varied.

This spot IS the destination. There are plenty of things to see and do in the Waco-Elm Mott area, but you'll be tempted to stay in and just luxuriate inside and out!!!!

We can't wait to try the fireplace and chiminea in cooler weather there!

7 Sep 2017
Susan,
Mary and I laughed, sighed, and ahhhed through your glorious review. If I didn't know better, I'd swear you were head of marketing and advertising for a resort somewhere between the Appalachian Range and the Tetons. Simply put, you do us proud. Thank you for this wonderful affirmation. Your description is so comprehensive, it is a promotion in itself. Mary and I do, indeed, look forward to your return to try out the fireplace and chiminea. Especially the chiminea. Nothing much better in life than an outside fire, a starry night, and the sound of a hoot owl. God be with you.
Ray B
“All based were covered, nothing was lacking and the place is beautiful!!!”
Reviewed 16 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Our first impression was "Wow". From that point on, it only got better! Actually, it started before we ever got there. Shortly after booking our stay, we were contacted by Mark and Mary. They asked a few simple questions to get a feel for our preferences. Based on that conversation, when we arrived, we found a welcome gift waiting for us. Mark and Mary are wonderful hosts and their only request is that you relax and enjoy yourself. They provided great food, fresh each day. While it was supposed to be for breakfast, it was enough to feed us all day. The actual accommodations are wonderful and make you feel like you are at home. Everything was clean and very well kept and the kitchen has everything you can imagine. There was absolutely nothing lacking, especially the hospitality. We will surely return there often. We recommend you do the same! You won't be disappointed.

17 Aug 2017
Ray,
Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your stay here in such glowing words. Yours was a "working" getaway, and to know that you were able to find some peace here amidst the demands of your job is a praise in itself. Mary and I had a rare and treasured connection with you and Martha. We particularly appreciated the tender memories you shared with us regarding your family.
At the ripe age of 71, perhaps my greatest experience in aging is how God continues to surprise us with the people He brings to our little place. Of all my years, none have been so consistently rewarding as these now, that we may host such folks as Martha and you. May God continue to be with you in all your days to come.
All my best, Mark (and Mary)
onabird
Dallas, Texas
“Perfect Peace and Quiet”
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We stayed at Tell Story Walk during our visit to Waco. The Cottage is truly gourmet as we put it to the test. Everything about the Cottage is warm and relaxing . The location was a peaceful change from the buzz of Waco. The hosts are kind and generous . We look forward to a return visit.

21 Aug 2017
Clement,
Regarding your kind words: Spoken with the polish of Chicago class. Thank you. Mary and I especially appreciate your remarks about the gourmet kitchen, as after our brief "welcome" chat, it was clear to us you knew what you were talking about. We sincerely hope to see you and yours again one day.
High regards,
Mark (and Mary) Dawson
llwil52
Hawley, Texas
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 29 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Cottage was so nice! Mark and Mary were do nice! The breakfast is wonderful. I will definitely be back.

13 Jul 2017
Thank you for your thoughtful review. As much as I (Mark) appreciate your remarks about our cottage, I particularly value your taste for Mary's cooking. She loves to go overboard with every guest. And I get to eat the leftovers. It's a win-win proposition. Hope to see you again one day.
All my best,
Mark
Reviewed 13 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

26 Jun 2017
Gary, your words are heartwarming. This endeavor has turned out to be fulfilling far beyond our expectations, all because of the guests we encounter. You, Candy, and your rising star Nathan became a part of the unfolding story of Tell Story Walk. I think the thing that sticks in my memory most is how you related to each other as a family. One could sense the closeness, the endearing trust among you. Thank you for sharing, for one brief but treasured moment, who you are. At the ripe age of 71, Mary and I find people to be just about everything. As always, God be with you.
Mark and Mary
Pamela P
“We will return!”
Reviewed 23 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Amazing! Beautiful! Peaceful! Mark and Mary are two of the most precious people you will ever meet. You will not find anyone more hospitable, the food was fabulous and the accommodations were phenomenal. We will definitely be returning to The Cottage at Tell Story Walk.

2 Jun 2017
Pam,
With each review, Mary and I remember our guests all over again, always with the warm, heart felt reflections of how they touched our lives. I've said as much to you in a separate message. I say it again now to the world: The story of your marriage is more out of life in the Old Testament than a 21st century journal. From your lightning fast love pledge to your adoption of a family of four children, you are, in deed, unforgettable.
Thank you for sharing such privileged passages of your life. And thank you for your eloquent review.
Our best, Mark and Mary
Nancy J
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 18 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

The Cottage at Tell Story is the cutest place nestled in the woods. Mary & Mark treat you like family and the food is delicious. I would stay forever if I could and I will for sure be coming again.

18 May 2017
Nancy,
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. And thank you, for taking the time to review us. Our guests, as you well know, are the highlight of our work as inn keepers. It's people like you who make it all worthwhile. Mary and I look forward to seeing you again one day.
All our best, Mark and Mary
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing