“Would Rate Higher If I Could”
other travellers have booked this property
The Great Room:  fireplace, leather couch and chairs, oriental rugs Gourmet Kitchen: gas range, microwave, copper cookware, nonstick cookware, full range of appliances
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Great Room:  fireplace, leather couch and chairs, oriental rugs
Dinning Area and Kitchen:
table seats 6; counter seats 2
Great Room: TV & stereo cabinet; wine cabinet; entrance to Bedroom
Bedroom: queen size bed faces TV and book shelves
Bedroom: writing desk and chair; french doors open out to patio
Bedroom: ceiling fan; TV and books
1st floor Bath: vanity; 2 person shower; window seat
Great Room:
stairway to Loft
View from Loft: Dinning Area; Kitchen; Great Room
Loft: 3 twin beds; 2 ceiling fans
2nd floor Bath: vanity and claw foot tub
Roof Porch: think morning coffee; evening wine
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
FanninCou...
Celina, Texas
“Would Rate Higher If I Could”
Reviewed 5 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

There really aren't enough little circles to rate The Cottage at Tell Story Walk! For this picky traveler, I can say it was PERFECTION! The cottage was beyond clean with every amenity one could think of. First of all - Mark and Mary are the sweetest, most gracious hosts imaginable! We are greeted upon arrival with our beverage of choice and they stayed just long enough to hear our "story" and make sure we had everything we needed. I'm never at a loss for words, but TRULY, I can't even begin to describe the little touches everywhere! The food was amazing, the linens fine, the shower to die for, the claw foot tub perfect for a soak, the view and outside area totally relaxing....on and on and on! I told my friends I could do a commercial and I have been to anyone who will listen. I'm already looking at my calendar and hope I can return VERY soon!

19 Mar 2018
Donna,
You have a way with words beyond words. Mary and I just read aloud your review to my sister, Donna, visiting from California. All three of us are glowing. Your descriptions call out each area we so strive to make exceptional. Your thoughts remind us all over again of the treasured time we spent with you. As you already know, we so enjoyed hearing your stories. And I'll say it again for anyone reading this review, the image of a few old codgers bringing their "gathering table" to the alter to set before the coffin of your father as one last "Hurrah" will remain with us always. Thank you for sharing such a precious remembrance. It is now an indelible part of Tell Story Walk. God be with you, Donna. Our best, Mark and Mary
writestuf...
Dallas, Texas
“A luxury gem and perfect weekend getaway”
Reviewed 28 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

The Cottage at Tell Story Walk is an unforgettable experience. I am recovering from knee replacement surgery and it was the perfect spot to relax and unwind. The owners thought of everything, and we truly felt pampered from beginning to end. Mary’s breakfasts are delicious, and the well stocked fridge is another treat. We enjoyed the outdoor spaces briefly, and could see it as a perfect girls’ weekend or couples’ getaway in the future. Can’t wait to come back!

12 Mar 2018
Connie,
Thank you for your gracious thoughts. As you know, the invitation you extended to join you and Ed in welcoming in the Sabbath was treasured and unforgettable. Mary and I have never had the opportunity to share in such a ceremony. The fact that you chose to include us was an honor.
It continues to amaze me how God blesses this little endeavor. Since
we opened Tell Story Walk, we have met and become friends with people from all walks of life. In each case we've gained, either in wisdom or relationships. In your case, it's been both. So, thank you again for coming. Thank you for your thoughtful review. And thank you for your friendship. It is you, our friends in the God of Abraham, who are are the "gems."
Yolanda11...
Longview, Texas
“Anniversary”
Reviewed 8 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

We had a Lovely stay and will be back soon. Mark & Mary are spectacular host that make you feel like your home.

21 Feb 2018
Yolanda,
Thank you for your kind words. To take the time to submit a review is a gift in itself. To share your experience in such complimentary ways is the proverbial "icing on the cake." Please give our regards to Kelly. And know that we'd love to host you again one day.
Sharon R
“Great place for weekend stay!”
Reviewed 6 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

We loved our stay at Tell Story Walk! Gracious hosts, amazing breakfasts, beautiful home, super location, helpful communication with owner. We would definitely return!

19 Feb 2018
Sharon,
Thank you for taking the time to submit this glowing review. You do us proud. As Cynthia can attest to, it's something we strive for, but can never take for granted. I particularly appreciate your comment of "helpful communication with owner." I'm glad we could contribute. We actually felt the same way regarding some suggestions your sister had for our B&B. Once again, we appreciate your choosing our cottage for your special time together. I do hope we see you again one day.
Cherylu5
Longview, Texas
“Absolutely Amazing!”
Reviewed 29 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

When you set out to find a place to take your dearest friends for time away, your heart longs for that “extra special something” about the place you choose! Mark and Mary were that extra special treasure tied to the most beautiful cottage where every detail of thoughtfulness and luxury abounds wrapped in love beautifully expressed and enjoyed! We cannot wait to return!

12 Feb 2018
Cheryl,
You're a poet. Defacto. I love to quote Mary at times like this. She always says it best. In you're case, it is "Awww. How sweet! '...wrapped in love beautifully expressed and enjoyed!'" You really touched us with your thoughts. In fact, I think you've framed the very heart of what we love most about what we do. Words like "dearest friends" and "extra special something" are seeded the very dirt of this place. Folks like you and yours are the real rewards.
FellowTra...
“Home away from Home”
Reviewed 24 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

We have enjoyed another return visit to the Cottage at Tell Story Walk. The pictures do not do this house justice. There are many details that have went into making this the Best place to stay when visiting Waco. The side yard has a nice patio and barbecue, so on this visit since the weather was cool we took the opportunity to roast some hot dogs and marsh-mellows one night and just made ourselves at home. Next I can’t say enough about our Special Hosts.Mark and Mary are like the story book Grandparents that you see on TV and can’t wait to go and visit. They are very attentive to all your needs plus Mary makes a Wonderful breakfast. I would recommend the Cottage to anyone, as it serves to be a great Home away from Home.

26 Jan 2018
Gary,
We read your review with joy and laughs, particularly about the "Grandparents ...on TV." The American Gothic picture of the older couple, pitchfork in hand, comes to mind. Needless to say, Mary and I take a special pleasure in your family. We envision Nathan hoovering over a bowl with Candy at his elbow, mixing up a batch of Friendship muffins. Thank you for your gracious words. But thank you most for regarding Tell Story Walk in all the ways we pray it to be. This, our last run, is proving to be our best. The Lord willing, we've still got a distance to go.
Cristie P
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 22 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

My experience at Tell Story Walk was so great from booking. After booking I was contacted by Mark and he was so pleasant.They greeted me on arrival and were very sweet. The cottage was beautiful and was so relaxing. It was peaceful and quiet. The food was so tasty and there was so much of it. I would go stay again and would recommend it.

2 Feb 2018
Thank you Cristie. We appreciate your taking the time to review your stay here, especially knowing the deeply personal reasons for your getaway. You were a special presence. We were the one's most blessed.
Keep the faith,
Mark (and Mary)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing