“This is the Perfect place to stay...”
other travellers have booked this property
The Great Room:  fireplace, leather couch and chairs, oriental rugs Gourmet Kitchen: gas range, microwave, copper cookware, nonstick cookware, full range of appliances
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Great Room:  fireplace, leather couch and chairs, oriental rugs
Dinning Area and Kitchen:
table seats 6; counter seats 2
Great Room: TV & stereo cabinet; wine cabinet; entrance to Bedroom
Bedroom: queen size bed faces TV and book shelves
Bedroom: writing desk and chair; french doors open out to patio
Bedroom: ceiling fan; TV and books
1st floor Bath: vanity; 2 person shower; window seat
Great Room:
stairway to Loft
View from Loft: Dinning Area; Kitchen; Great Room
Loft: 3 twin beds; 2 ceiling fans
2nd floor Bath: vanity and claw foot tub
Roof Porch: think morning coffee; evening wine
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 84 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
CONSTANCE...
“This is the Perfect place to stay...”
Reviewed 19 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Mark and Mary host one of the most delightful B&B's I have ever visited. The cottage is straight out of a story and simply makes you relax, both indoors and out. Every detail to comfort is attended to. And the breakfasts were absolutely five star. We especially enjoyed the juice and water stocked in fridge...and we hope you are lucky enough to enjoy the Friendship Bread pound cake too. We will absolutely be back and would recommend Tell Story Walk to everyone.

25 Jun 2018
Connie,
Your review is glistening. Thank you. TripAdvisor released it for reading this morning and it's the perfect message to start a new week. Each of our guests leave a distinctive impression. It's one of those blessings I never anticipated when Mary and I became inn keepers. As I read your words I conjure the image of you sitting in that chair, so engaging in conversation, so watchful over your flock. It is a rare picture. You have a presence amidst your family that's a combination of authority and benevolence. All together, you and yours were joy to host. Thank you again for choosing Tell Story Walk for your stay here in Waco. And thank you for your gracious words. They mean much and they linger long. I promise.
All our best,
Mark and Mary
terrihill
Longview, Texas
“Our new favorite relaxation destination! ”
Reviewed 12 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Words are sincerely inadequate to describe how magnificent this property is, how welcoming and accommodating Mary and Mark were and how truly wonderful our stay was at Tell Story Walk. This was far more than a “home away from home.” It was everything you wish your home was and more. Every detail has been thought out with excruciating attention to detail. The decor is beyond exquisite, and everything from the appliances to the accommodations rival anything you would find at a five star luxury hotel. The grounds surrounding the cottage are immaculate, from the majestic live oak trees, to the outdoor sitting area, to the fairy tale like lighted gazebo. This property is so perfect and our stay was beyond relaxing and exceeded all expectations. In all honesty, a small selfish part of me doesn’t want to share how lovely everything was because this place is such a huge hidden gem that I fear my next trip to Waco, it may be booked and I won’t have the opportunity to stay here. This isn’t just a place to lay your head, it is an unbelievable “experience” that you will cherish and talk about for years. Mary and Mark are consummate hosts who have managed to create the most perfect Utopia of the absolute best bed & breakfast experience you will have your entire life.

29 May 2018
Terri,
TripAdvisor posted your review. Although you gave us a preview in your email, we read it again. And again. And again. I cannot tell you how much we appreciate your thoughts, so eloquently stated, so all inclusive. When I consider the mind behind the words, it's no wonder your children all excel in their respective endeavors. It's inspiring to encounter young people with such range and depth of interest. Think of it: a child psychologist, an aviator, and a horse whisperer, all seated around the same dinner table. Thanksgiving must be a blast at your house. Thank you again for your gracious words. But thanks most of all for contributing such remarkable stories to the annals of Tell Story Walk.
All my best, Mark (and Mary)
Christa W
“AMAZING place, AMAZING people, AMAZING breakfast!!”
Reviewed 9 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We felt like family! Mark & Mary are THE sweetest couple ever! We were greeted with a tour, drinks, champagne, scones (most delicious scones ever), fruit, yogurt, homemade whipped cream (there are no words to give it justice-so delicious) and homemade bread (also ridiculously delicious). Breakfast each day was AMAZING!! They provide so much food that we couldn't even eat it all. The cottage is superior to most, its immaculate and beautifully designed. We slept great and had plenty of room to relax. We loved the outdoor areas as much as the inside. They have thought of everything that you could possibly need. We loved staying here and enjoyed the respite from the crowds downtown. It's an easy drive down to the Silos and Magnolia Table. We are already recommending this cottage to everyone. Thanks Mark and Mary for an unforgettable trip to Waco!

Your age range 35-49
22 May 2018
Christa,
One of life's highlights for Mary and me is to read our reviews together. Here is a quote from her as we read yours: "Awww. Awww. How wonderful." I always like to quote Mary because she says it best. As for me, your beautiful, generous, thorough description of our B&B provides that rare, ongoing encouragement I frequently need these days as I press on to finish the "Big House." Thank you for your gracious words. Thank you for appreciating every effort we put forth. But most of all, thanks for spending the time to connect with us. There is no sweeter memory than recalling how the Marathon runners from afar came to Texas and bought boots. Then ran. God be with you always, Mark and Mary
Vanessa P
“A little gem in Waco”
Reviewed 6 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Mary and Mark I can’t thank you enough for building this perfect house! My mom had an amazing time for an early Mother’s Day get away. Your kindness and attention to detail made our stay unforgettable. Thank you!

21 May 2018
Vanessa,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our place with the world of travelers. Mary and I enjoyed our moments with your and your mother. And I loved hearing once again that unmistakable accent so "French" in sound, so declarative in tone. The two of you make a great pair. That you are in the business of fine dining is no surprise.
Mary and I have already decided we want to book an evening with your amazing dinner feast at One Long Table. We just need to find a time to fit with an event. I'm sure we'll see each other again one day. Our paths are too closely aligned to miss each other.
All our best,
Mark and Mary
Reviewed 17 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

30 Apr 2018
Mary,
Thank you for your gracious, warmly personal review. As I said before, the occasion for you and your brother and sisters gathering here was a first for us. Mary and I are deeply gratified that you enjoyed your time here together. We're particularly pleased that you took in the grounds. So often, guests have so much on their agenda that they do not have time to take in the beauty and peace nature offers. This, coupled with the moments you shared with us about your lives, is a large part of what we live for.
We hope to see you again one day.
Our best, Mark and Mary
MarkW8067
“It was amazing! Nothing is better than Tell a Story Walk!!!!”
Reviewed 3 April 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Mary and Mark were so welcoming to us and our girls. Staying at the property was a vacation in itself, along with all the great things to see in Waco.

4 Apr 2018
Jamie,
Thank you for your kind review. As you know, we have some cherished memories of you and your sister and the girls. It goes without saying, those two young ladies have endeared themselves not only to Mary and me, but to a few trees around the grounds as well. In these later years of ours, I've come to believe it's one of God's best blessings that the images of youth are among our surer treasures.
All my best, Mark
Carolyn B
“Can’t wait to stay here again someday!! ”
Reviewed 10 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

I can’t begin to tell you how much we enjoyed our short stay here. Mark and Mary are A1 top of the line and made us feel like we were family and have always known them. The cottage is immaculate. Can’t think of one thing they didn’t have. So nice that this BandB you are in a house all to yourselves and very beautiful quiet rural setting yet just few miles out from Waco. We had awesome food and beverages awaiting us when we arrived. Mary’s scones and bread are like none other! Only complaint we didn’t have enough time there to eat it all! We hope to return someday and see the big house completed that will be for more visitors to stay in and enjoy. You will NOT be disappointed! Thanks again Mark and Mary. So enjoyed meeting and talking with you.

Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Couples
24 Mar 2018
Carolyn,
TripAdvisor released your review for publication this morning. Mary and I read it over a fresh cup of coffee and a lot of appreciation. And in the reading, I couldn't help but reflect on our first correspondence, "Greetings from the Ohio River Valley..." you said. It was spirited then as it is a treasure now. You and Jim were a pleasure to host. So often guests share with us descriptions of their homeland; they make us wish we could live a day or two in their neighborhood. You and Jim are like that. Thank you for sharing some of your precious time with Mary and me. It's folks like you that make our efforts here so meaningful.
Have a good Spring, Mark and Mary
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing