Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South
US$208
US$175
US$148
Travelocity
All reviewsshopping and restaurantscomplimentary breakfastbreakfast staffplace to stayhot tubstaff was friendlyvery nice hotelwafflesthe breakfast areaindoor poolcomfortable bedeasy accessfront desk staffgreat roombusiness tripdefinitely stay here againconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 November 2013

From top to bottom this hotel was fantastic. The rooms were amazing and easy to adjust the temperature in, clean, and taken care of everyday. Everything looked perfect. The cable worked, the breakfast was really good and the people running the hotel were always very helpful and friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonWacoSouth, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South! We are excited to hear that you had a successful stay with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Waco!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I'm having a hard time explaining why I was not that impressed with this property.
The front desk staff were great - always friendly and fast.
The facilities were good - clean and well maintained, with a few exceptions I will note below.
The location is OK. It's kind of by itself, off behind a nice shopping area. It is a little too far to walk, though, if you may buy more than one or two items. The real benefit of this location is that it was very quiet with absolutely no road noise.
I guess part of my disappointment is because I booked too late to get the $100 rate for the wedding I was attending.
Now the bad: The worst thing was the TV reception. On several stations, it would randomly lose signal. This was annoying, especially during a football game I tried to watch.
I always try to keep the door from slamming, so I don't bother those who may be sleeping. But in this case, the sound of a slamming door may have been better than the haunted house creak of the door. (Hotel mgmt. - If you're reading this review, I forgot to include that one on my comment card. Please oil the hinges on room 420.)
The heater was broken on the indoor pool, but the hot tub was hot, so it wasn't a total bust. One of the waffle makers was not hot enough, resulting in a floppy waffle. The other was fine, but the batter had kind of a funny taste both days. Not bad, just not as good as normal.
I guess in the end, it just wasn't quite up to Hampton Inn standards, but it was close.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

We apologize that you did not receive the outstanding experience we hope for every guest to have when staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South. We have already attended to the issues that you experienced during your stay so that the following guests do not have the same problems. Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was very helpful. I was very please with the breakfast and the on the go breakfast for my early morning. My room was clean and nice as well. I would stay here again. Also, this was close to everything needed (Baylor, food and shopping.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonWacoSouth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for your compliments from your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Waco!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is my second stay at the Hampton Inn Waco South and I will be back. I was in my room, nice clean comfortable room less than ten minutes of arrival. The young lady at the front desk was very efficient and courteous. I will return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HamptonWacoSouth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Thank you for your great feedback of the Hampton Inn and Suites Waco South! We love hearing about your positive stay with us. We love having you here. We all look forward to your next trip to Waco. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I've stayed in a number of Hampton Inn's around the country and was a bit disappointed by this one due to cleanliness, service, and consistency.

The room itself was great. Had a studio suite with good space. The problems were:

* the housekeeping was inconsistent; sometimes clean and sometimes not so clean.
* the shower water pressure was poor. It takes 5+ minutes to get hot water and the water pressure was very low. Took a long time to get the suds out of my hair.
* The tub shower curtain was spotty with stains when I arrived a week ago, and it still spotty with stains and mildew today, a week later.
* Sometimes they cleaned and replaced the ice bucket and sometimes not.
* Sometimes they cleaned the toilet and sometimes not.
* Usually they vacuumed but not always
* Not sure why, but the other Hampton Inns I have stayed in has two types of pillows - a feather down pillow and the current version. This hotel only has the latter. Ok, but not as good as the others.

And, although I am here a week and had frequent interaction with the staff, no one remembered my name . Maybe that is what differentiates a supposed 3 star from a 2 star?

Anyway, I love the Hampton Inn model, but this one needs to improve.

Best!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that our housekeeping staff failed at maintaining the cleanliness of your room.

A clean room that has been prepared & maintained for our guests is basic for a good stay. I am sorry if this was not your experience. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.