“Stayed in august” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Waco
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Stayed in august”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The front desk staff is great, day and night. The hotel is dirty though. Cleaning and maintenance are poor. Dirty walls, drapes, carpet, caulking in tub, vanity wood in bath. Too bad since the front desk is great and the location is good.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Robin F
HamptonWacoSouth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Our Front Desk team will be happy to read your glowing review of their service, as they take great pride in the work that they do. We do apologize that the look and the feel of the property were not up to your, and our, standards. I assure you we will be re-doubling our cleanliness efforts; it is my hope that you will choose to stay with us again soon so that we can excel in all aspects of your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our AC went out so we went searching for a place to stay in Waco. Hampton Inn South was a great choice. The rooms were nice and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable. We spent time in the fitness center and at the pool as well and enjoyed both. I was in a hurry to get to work but my husband said the breakfast was good. They also offered an evening reception the night we stayed with drinks, chips and salsa. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Waco area. It is conveniently located to many restaurants and stores and is right off I35.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tanya P
Having the endorsement of a Waco local is always welcome, hopefully your A/C issue has been resolved. We thank you for your kind words, and are happy that you were able to have a comfortable place to stay and amenities that you were able to enjoy.
mapleton, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much. This was a good place to stay but ask to be away from the mechanical room. Happy hour made up for the noise. I kept the fan running so I didn't hear it. 200 characters is a bit much.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Eric S
HamptonWacoSouth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write out a review for us, and we do apologize for TripAdvisor's minimum character limit. It is always good when a guest enjoys our Manager's Reception among other amenities. I personally appreciate your effort to complete the review, and your five thousand eight hundred and fifty-five character entry certainly beats out the minimum. Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Thank you for taking the time to write out a review for us...
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

All on all this hotel is really nice and clean. The staff is very friendly. The only reason I am giving it a four star and not a five is because the free WiFi is terrible. I had to get on this website through my phone, because the wifi would connect and then disconnected within seconds on my iPad and my kindle. So if this is important to you during your stay you may want to rethink about staying here.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
HamptonWacoSouth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay except for the wifi, which is a situation we have looked into in the past week. We have improved our network recently, so it is my hope that the next time you are in town you will choose to stay with us so that we may reprove our commitment to your satisfaction.
Granbury, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The quality at this hotel from service to skill is outstanding. The hotel is beautiful, well equipped and relaxing. I love staying at this hotel. The location is in the perfect spot, away from traffic and near restaurants and shopping. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The GM is Grade A+!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonWacoSouth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
We are very proud of our management team here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Waco - South, and their impact on guests, while sometimes subtle, is always an important part of any stay. They will be delighted with this review, and we appreciate you taking the time to write it.
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Will stay here anytime in Waco. Hotel was super clean with a great friendly staff. Very comfortable bed. Nice flat screen TV. Breakfast area is a nice size, so not crowded at all. Food was good, waffles and hot items as wheel as ceral and fruit. My choice of hotels when staying in Waco.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank McKenzee
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review! We are always glad to see a guest making use of all available amenities and having the best possible stay. We'll look forward to seeing you soon, so that we can try to raise the bar again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I had a great overnight stay. I was traveling with a group of quilters on a tour bus. The hotel staff handled our large group with finesse. Checking in was quick and easy. The beds are comfortable and lend to a nice restful night. The breakfast was appealing and good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonWacoSouth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Large groups are always welcome at the Hampton Inn & Suites Waco -South. That our front desk staff acted with finesse is an excellent review, and we are happy to see you enjoyed your stay.