“Never again at ABVI, 115 S Jack Kultgen Expwy, Waco, TX”

Executive Inn & Suites Waco
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Plano, Texas
“Never again at ABVI, 115 S Jack Kultgen Expwy, Waco, TX”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel at first glance when walking into the lobby appeared pretty decent for the cheap price. However, once in the room, it became evident quickly that you get what you pay for. Curtains were made of thick rubbery material that had a moth-eaten appearance and hung crookedly. Windows were very dirty. Light came into the room around the door frame. None of the lights were plugged in, so we had to leave the curtain open in order to find plugs, which were scarce and the bare minimum of bulbs were in each fixture. Lighting was very dim. The alarm clock was never plugged in due to a plug shortage. The TV was old. The towels were very thin. The mattress was completely worn out and sagging, and sheets were coarse and poorly fitted. The blanket was a pilled up ratty thing. Pillow were flat and worn out. Metal pipes protruded from the bedframe approximately 5 to 6 inches on the sides and were hazardous to one's ankles. The tub barely drained while we used the shower, and we had to wade around in ankle deep soapy water. Breakfast was nothing special, and the only bread was a loaf of wheat bread with no tongs to remove slices with, so everyone who wanted some was handling the bread. A warning sign at the front desk stated that rooms were "inspected" on check-out and anything damaged or missing would be charged to our credit card to the tune of $200. I called the front desk to tell them no hair dryer was present in our room so we wouldn't be charged for it. The person said that they kept a hair dryer at the desk and charged a $5 deposit for its use. I had brought my own and wasn't concerned about that anyway. I asked that someone "inspect" our room when we checked out this morning, and the attendant at the front desk seemed clueless. I turned the sign around and pointed to their warning and asked to speak to the manager. She said no one was available, and that housekeeping would have to check the room later. I told her I didn't want to be held responsible for something missing that I had not taken. She said, "Oh, they only check to see if the TV, refrigerator, microwave, and alarm clock are still there. As long as they are still there, you are OK." I thought to myself that I would have no recourse if their housekeeping people stole something and claimed I'd taken it. Every other reasonably priced hotel in the area was booked for Baylor graduation this weekend, or I would have stayed just about anywhere else in Waco.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ladyslider28

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Harker Heights, Texas
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Ran out of breakfast both Saturday and Sunday mornings before 9:30.
Clerk was totally indifferent. Ask for clean towels he wanted to hand them to me instead of house keeping and wash cloths were omitted. Not worth the money paid or service received.

Room Tip: Go to different Hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank David L

Travellers are raving about these Waco hotels

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Because of every other motel in Waco was booked, we stayed here. All we needed for the night before my mother's funeral was a clean room and decent bed. Only room available was the "Bluebonnet Suite" for $179. A terrible price for the worst motel I've stayed at in years. Our non-smoking room reeked of cigarettes. They don't seem to understand that you can't just ban smoking and label a room non-smoking. The drapes were in disrepair over windows that were so yellowed you could barely see through them. The towels were threadbare and and after thousands of washings, they had stains and looked dirty, The picture on someone else's review is absolutely accurate. No mattress pad on the bed, and when I woke up, the sheet had pulled off the corner and I was sleeping partly on a bare mattress. Ugh. Bathrooms were clean, mattress was comfortable, continental breakfast was OK. This was at best a $60 motel and for $179 for one night they could buy new towels, a mattress pad, new curtains and clean the windows. If you want a great motel and can drive as far as Temple, the Hilton Garden Inn across from Scott and White Hospital is close to a 4 Star for a little over $100/night.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the Bluebonnet "Suite"
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jane S
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 24 January 2014

On our way back from our Christmas vacation I stayed here for the night to stop. By the outside it looked very nice. If it had not been 10pm I would have checked right out and into a different hotel. It's as a would describe a man's hotel. The beds were the most uncomfortable things I have everslept on they had 2 pillows which were probably 1/2 an inch thick. I didn't have my kids sleep under the covers of the bed I had them lay on top with their own blankets from the car. I have NEVER done that ANY hotel we have ever stayed at. The tv was outdated which really I didn't mind it was just the unclean feeling. I went to take a bath when I saw dried bowel on the back of the toilet and dried urine around the back of the toilet on the floor. Needless to say I did not take a bath. They do have breakfast not sure what I didn't stick around got out of there before the sun was even up. Good luck if you pick this one! I will say one good thing, the lady working the front desk was very nice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank carmickleklan
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I came to visit my daughter at Baylor and this was the perfect spot right across the highway. It also was really affordable! The front desk staff was really nice and helpful. Room was very clean and I had great wi-fi signal. Had a good night sleep but was pretty close to highway. I suggest getting a room on the south side, its faces away from the highway more.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ben M
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed at the America Best Value Inn for Baylor Homecoming 2013. The hotel is perfectly located for Baylor events. The room was a double queen and was very good. We had plenty of hot water. The free breakfast was not lavish, but very decent. The front desk, especially Debra, was wonderful and helpful. We needed extra towels and that was no problem. Although it was a very busy weekend, the staff always met us with a smile and were very courteous. This is not a 5 star hotel and makes no claims to be one, but they gave us 5 star service! A great value for the price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank vacationfam2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband and I have stayed here many times over the past five years. When we first started we could not believe the deal we were getting for such a nice place. But over the years it has lost its shine. I hope they pick up soon because the location and price is perfect!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple