“Poor Stay”

Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Waco
cleburne
“Poor Stay”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Booked this hotel based on a stay at another ABVI in Albuquerque NM.
While my room was ok, the amenities were poor. Advertised free WiFI but it was not working. The breakfast items were limited in selection and there were only 3 tables for a facility that probably has 200 + rooms. The facility maintence appears to be lacking.

According to the desk staff, the owner lives out of town and apparently blames everything on the staff.

Will not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank greensnow234

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Azle, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2014

When we got there the lobby was very impressive. Front staff was ok. We get to our room to rest for a bit and the room however was a different story. The middle of the bed sank in BADLY and as we sat down on the ends of the bed we literally rolled to the middle into each other. The bathtub was disgusting and they tried to cover that up by putting a bath mat in the tub!!!! I tried to charge my phone and 3 of the plug outlets in the room did not work. They advertise free wifi. That's crap cause we could not get their wifi to work. So we went to the office to ask about the wifi and complain about the condition of our room when a gentleman came in and asked the rate for a single bed and she quoted him a different price than we had just paid. When I said something about it she said if I would bring her the receipt she would refund the difference. Then as my friend was asking her about wifi not connecting, the girl behind the counter said she could unplug and reset the modem and it MIGHT or MIGHT NOT work. The girl behind the counter didn't offer to move us to another room or anything so at that point we were aggravated with the whole thing so I asked for a refund. A maintenance man walks in and the girl asks him where the manager is so she can do a refund to which he replies "in the pool". So she tells him the ordeal and he goes out and a few minutes later he comes back in and says the manager said to look on your receipt and you will see that you only have 15 after you check in to get a refund. Needless to say I was pissed not at the fact that I didn't get a refund but because the manager did not even have the decency to get her fat butt out of the pool and come discuss the situation with us herself instead she sends the maintenance guy back in. I sat in my car for a few minutes so angry contemplating going to the pool and confronting her myself but at that point it probably wasn't a good idea. Such a lack of customer service! On the other hand, we did find a DELUXE INN just down the road that was AMAZING and cheaper than this crap hole. Would not recommend the crap hole to anyone...... The gentleman at the Deluxe Inn was very gracious, their rooms were very clean, the pool was great and the customer service at Deluxe Inn was phenomenal..

Room Tip: Don't even waste your time at this crap hole!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Waco hotels

Plano, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel at first glance when walking into the lobby appeared pretty decent for the cheap price. However, once in the room, it became evident quickly that you get what you pay for. Curtains were made of thick rubbery material that had a moth-eaten appearance and hung crookedly. Windows were very dirty. Light came into the room around the door frame. None of the lights were plugged in, so we had to leave the curtain open in order to find plugs, which were scarce and the bare minimum of bulbs were in each fixture. Lighting was very dim. The alarm clock was never plugged in due to a plug shortage. The TV was old. The towels were very thin. The mattress was completely worn out and sagging, and sheets were coarse and poorly fitted. The blanket was a pilled up ratty thing. Pillow were flat and worn out. Metal pipes protruded from the bedframe approximately 5 to 6 inches on the sides and were hazardous to one's ankles. The tub barely drained while we used the shower, and we had to wade around in ankle deep soapy water. Breakfast was nothing special, and the only bread was a loaf of wheat bread with no tongs to remove slices with, so everyone who wanted some was handling the bread. A warning sign at the front desk stated that rooms were "inspected" on check-out and anything damaged or missing would be charged to our credit card to the tune of $200. I called the front desk to tell them no hair dryer was present in our room so we wouldn't be charged for it. The person said that they kept a hair dryer at the desk and charged a $5 deposit for its use. I had brought my own and wasn't concerned about that anyway. I asked that someone "inspect" our room when we checked out this morning, and the attendant at the front desk seemed clueless. I turned the sign around and pointed to their warning and asked to speak to the manager. She said no one was available, and that housekeeping would have to check the room later. I told her I didn't want to be held responsible for something missing that I had not taken. She said, "Oh, they only check to see if the TV, refrigerator, microwave, and alarm clock are still there. As long as they are still there, you are OK." I thought to myself that I would have no recourse if their housekeeping people stole something and claimed I'd taken it. Every other reasonably priced hotel in the area was booked for Baylor graduation this weekend, or I would have stayed just about anywhere else in Waco.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ladyslider28
Harker Heights, Texas
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Ran out of breakfast both Saturday and Sunday mornings before 9:30.
Clerk was totally indifferent. Ask for clean towels he wanted to hand them to me instead of house keeping and wash cloths were omitted. Not worth the money paid or service received.

Room Tip: Go to different Hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank David L
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Because of every other motel in Waco was booked, we stayed here. All we needed for the night before my mother's funeral was a clean room and decent bed. Only room available was the "Bluebonnet Suite" for $179. A terrible price for the worst motel I've stayed at in years. Our non-smoking room reeked of cigarettes. They don't seem to understand that you can't just ban smoking and label a room non-smoking. The drapes were in disrepair over windows that were so yellowed you could barely see through them. The towels were threadbare and and after thousands of washings, they had stains and looked dirty, The picture on someone else's review is absolutely accurate. No mattress pad on the bed, and when I woke up, the sheet had pulled off the corner and I was sleeping partly on a bare mattress. Ugh. Bathrooms were clean, mattress was comfortable, continental breakfast was OK. This was at best a $60 motel and for $179 for one night they could buy new towels, a mattress pad, new curtains and clean the windows. If you want a great motel and can drive as far as Temple, the Hilton Garden Inn across from Scott and White Hospital is close to a 4 Star for a little over $100/night.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the Bluebonnet "Suite"
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jane S
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 24 January 2014

On our way back from our Christmas vacation I stayed here for the night to stop. By the outside it looked very nice. If it had not been 10pm I would have checked right out and into a different hotel. It's as a would describe a man's hotel. The beds were the most uncomfortable things I have everslept on they had 2 pillows which were probably 1/2 an inch thick. I didn't have my kids sleep under the covers of the bed I had them lay on top with their own blankets from the car. I have NEVER done that ANY hotel we have ever stayed at. The tv was outdated which really I didn't mind it was just the unclean feeling. I went to take a bath when I saw dried bowel on the back of the toilet and dried urine around the back of the toilet on the floor. Needless to say I did not take a bath. They do have breakfast not sure what I didn't stick around got out of there before the sun was even up. Good luck if you pick this one! I will say one good thing, the lady working the front desk was very nice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank carmickleklan
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I came to visit my daughter at Baylor and this was the perfect spot right across the highway. It also was really affordable! The front desk staff was really nice and helpful. Room was very clean and I had great wi-fi signal. Had a good night sleep but was pretty close to highway. I suggest getting a room on the south side, its faces away from the highway more.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo