“Most Comfortable”

Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Pleasanton, California
“Most Comfortable”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Me and my family had a very comfortable stay, - The room, service provided, the breakfast is very nice, the staff are very pleasent- hotel very well located, clean and lovely, The room was also spacious and functional, and all my requests (i.e. toiletries, towels, etc.) were provided promptly, making me feel that their guests' satisfaction was a top priority- Two Thumbs up for this Hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
super8waco1, Manager at Super 8 Waco University Area, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Thank you for staying with the super 8 We are glad that the room you stayed in was accomodating for you and that you had a great experience with our hotel! We definitely can't wait to see you on your next trip to Waco!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 January 2013

This is a great hotel to stay at - the hotel, the service, the breakfast is amazing. The staff is really friendly and the entire family had a good time. Having Wi-Fi connection available to all the guests is definitely a plus - not a lot of motels nearby provide that for free. I would love to come back to this super 8.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Mundelein
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Average Super 8 faire.

However, the windows throughout do not dampen any sound from the nearby I 35. You'll hear every single car and truck...all night long.

The time connected to the Internet cycles. Meaning: their router allows you online, but you are really only connected for a few minutes at a time. Don't attempt to watch a You Tube video.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

3 Thank bobroo007
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Our stay started out by being placed in a smoking room, when we had requested a non-smoking room. The room smelled like a combination of stale smoke and carpet cleaner. I awoke several times because of the pungent smell. Unfortunately, we were on the first floor, and the window had no screen, so it could not be left open. The hotel staff were very unhelpful with any attempt to rectify the situation.

In addition to the awful smell, the heater did not work properly and the bathtub did not drain. I don't expect much from a place like this, but they failed to meet my low expectations.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amber S
super8waco1, Manager at Super 8 Waco University Area, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Dear Guest,
We sincerely apologize for the inconvinience you had during your stay. We have had some smoking rooms that we have turned into non-smoking rooms. Maybe that is why you could smell smoke. Since I don't know what room you were in I am unable to assist yon on this problem. We really do appricate your bussiness and will try our best to meet your needs.I once again apologize for the inconvinience, hopefully you will give us another try.
Management

Travellers are raving about these Waco hotels

Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I would say that this facility does not help the image of the Super 8 chain.
I will start with the good. Great location, clean room, helpful staff person when I checked in, free Wi-Fi, free breakfast, recliner and mini fridge in the room. I just needed a place to sleep since the football game was a night game, so it met my needs. Here is the bad. I felt safe, but I did discover a security issue. My key did not work after the football game. I went to the front desk for assistance. She did not ask for any ID or any other information. I just told her what room and she did it. If this is the norm, it needs to be changed. Older facility, could be updated. I know all hotels will not have flat screens, but I would expect the channels to be clear. A few of the channels were snowy and some channels did not show up on the screen. One of my favorites, ESPN, was one of the snowy ones. Limited selection of channels. Just one channel available for kids, Cartoon Network. Which does not cater to little ones all the time. Lighting is poor and one light did not work. I did go to the front desk to let them know about the TV and light. Staff person did send maintenance. TV picture was a tad better and light was fixed. Staff person did check back with me when I saw her the next morning. Limited selection for breakfast. No fresh fruit at breakfast. No butter for the waffles. Could not consistently get Wi-Fi in my room. When I did have a connection, it was very slow.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank JTPJR
Dear Guest,
I apologize for our front desk clerk (who is new) for not asking for I.D. upon redoing your keys to your room. I can assure you that this will not happen a gain. We have gone over agin with our employees about guest showing I.D. before keys are made.
We are all the time workin gon improvements for our motel.
I again sincerely apologize and hopefully you will give us another chance to serve you.
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Oh, my. I found this hotel through Wyndham Rewards and decided to stay here on my way from Austin to Dallas. Can't really find anything nice to say about it. It had an ancient tv with 17 channels (not even USA, my favorite), 3 STARZ channels which were worthless. The wifi was so slow as to be unusable. There wasn't a convenient outlet to plug in my computer and I ended up using the bathroom plug. The seat at the table was old and uncomfortable. LIghting was poor. There was a very large recliner which I suppose someone would like. Close to interstate and traffic noise was there. Left as soon as I could.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Walter L
We sincerely apologize for the inconvinence you had during your stay. I am very sorry that we were not able to live up to your expeciations. We do our best to keep the property in good shape. We are all the time doing improvements to our property. I again apologize and hopefully you will give us another chance to serve you.
Springfield
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Just nasty. First of all the room was dirty, smelled terrible and was just gross. The beds and pillows were uncomfortable. Worst of all the person on duty that evening, possibly the manager, was extremely hateful and attempted to charge me $20 for my pet when I had called ahead and was told $10. The ice machine wasn't working. The neighborhood was horrible and unsafe. The rate was outrageous considering how nasty the room was. I'm not a picky person either. Trust me, for the money there has to be something better than this. It wasn't worth it. I spent one night there and you couldn't have paid me to spend another one. It was awful but the attempt to take advantage of the situation and rip me off for $20 was over the edge. If I could, I would rate this place a minus 10.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.