“Bugs in our room!!”

Super 8 Waco University Area
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Waco
“Bugs in our room!!”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Coming into our room we noticed roaches scattering everywhere. Within an hour I've killed about a dozen roaches and baby roaches myself! I've never been to a more disgusting hotel in my life! Nobody should sleep in these conditions EVER! Feel horrible for the employees bc apparently the owners do not care and have other hotels with the same and/or worse conditions per employees!! Ruin my trip bring here at this Super 8!!!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Ebelle3
super8waco1, Manager at Super 8 Waco University Area, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
We are sincerely sorry about your room having roaches. We use Orkin and have not had any problems in several years. I did refund you 50% of your total for this room. We hope thay you will try us again in the near future. Once again our sincere apology.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I love staying at this Super 8 motel in Waco whenever I visit my family. This is affordable and closeby to a lot of restaurants. Having free-wi-fi makes things so much better along with the amazing complimentary breakfast. The staff is super friendly and always available to help and rooms are clean and comfortable. Definitely my fav motel to stay in Waco, Texas.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us here at Super 8 and we are looking forward to seeing you again on your next trip.
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I found no serious problems. I thought the hotel was very clean. I did notice a smell but as far as could tell is was the smell of soap which, to me, was not bad. There was road noise next to I35 but I thought they had done a lot to block it with double windows. I will admit I grew up next to I35 on a much less busy stretch with windows open at night so I may not be as sensitive as some. The breakfast was everything I could possibly expect from this price of hotel. The front desk people were very competent and gave very good directions to locations close by. The internet worked most of the time but was a little shaky. However, I have never had a really solid connection in any low priced hotel. I was very happy with the value I received.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us here at Super 8 we will be looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Waco.
Reviewed 30 January 2013

If you are here in Waco on business at Baylor the location is great, but be prepared for lots of road noise from I35. It is constant all night. Even with the air conditioner on all night, it still woke me up often. This is a smoking hotel, so be prepared to have it permeate the whole hotel. I was in a non-smokiing room and could still smell the smoke. Great shower and clean bathroom, bed was comfortable, pillows could be updated and only two for a queen bed. Nice HD TV in breakfast area, but the TV in the room was old, could be updated. Frig and Microwave in the room seemed in working order, but I didn't use them. Not ice or vending on second or third floor and only one regular exit to the whole building. If you use side exits the alarm will go off.

Staff was nice. Internet for e-mail was ok but didn't try to watch videos or skype.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
super8waco1, Manager at Super 8 Waco University Area, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Thank you for staying with the super 8 We are glad that the room you stayed in was accomodating for you and that you had a great experience with our hotel! We definitely can't wait to see you on your next trip to Waco! we do our best to fix noisy problem !
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Me and my family had a very comfortable stay, - The room, service provided, the breakfast is very nice, the staff are very pleasent- hotel very well located, clean and lovely, The room was also spacious and functional, and all my requests (i.e. toiletries, towels, etc.) were provided promptly, making me feel that their guests' satisfaction was a top priority- Two Thumbs up for this Hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 January 2013

This is a great hotel to stay at - the hotel, the service, the breakfast is amazing. The staff is really friendly and the entire family had a good time. Having Wi-Fi connection available to all the guests is definitely a plus - not a lot of motels nearby provide that for free. I would love to come back to this super 8.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Mundelein
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Average Super 8 faire.

However, the windows throughout do not dampen any sound from the nearby I 35. You'll hear every single car and truck...all night long.

The time connected to the Internet cycles. Meaning: their router allows you online, but you are really only connected for a few minutes at a time. Don't attempt to watch a You Tube video.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business