“Our favorite hotel in Waco”
Review of Residence Inn Waco

Residence Inn Waco
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Four years ago, I posted a TripAdvisor review that said "We'll be back!" and we have. Residence Inn continues to be our favorite hotel in Waco, whether we're visiting relatives or attending events at Baylor University. We stayed here again on a recent family road trip and were delighted with the two-bedroom suite. I had requested a crib when I made the reservations six weeks earlier, and this was the only hotel on the trip that had the crib, crib sheet and blanket in the room when we checked in without me having to remind them of the request. This seems like a small thing, but it is indicative of the extra TLC the staff gives to all of their guests. If I had to make one critical comment, it would be that the evening refreshments are not as nice as some of the other Residence Inns we have stayed at, but since we cooked in the room anyway, this was not a big deal to us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jgt63
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Jgt63,
Thank you for being a loyal guest of the Residence Inn Waco. We are so glad to hear that we consistently provide you with an exceptional stay! We hope that we will continue to see you each time you are in Waco.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The staff and managers go above and beyond! The buffet hot breakfast is superb! There is an indoor pool, grilling area, and small basketball pad. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family! Perfect!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chelsea J
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Chelsea J,
Thank you for your review. I'm thrilled to hear that our staff provided you with exceptional service. It is always our goal to impress our guests and we love to know when we have accomplished that. We appreciate you recommending the Residence Inn Waco to your friends and family. Please come back soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for the past month on local business. I was extremely impressed with the hotel and staff in the first few days. There was something about this place that made me feel good and at home immediately. I found out later that this has been the #1 rated Marriott hotel (out of 499) in the entire country for the past 4 years. They send managers down from New York, etc. to train here on what makes things special for guests. I will be staying for another couple of months and don't expect my attitude about this hotel to change. I think the high ratings are primarily due to the positive attitude and commitment of the staff to every guest.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor on either side are great. I wouldn't recommend the 1st floor on the west...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David C
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear David C,
Thank you so much for your kind words of the Residence Inn Waco. We are so glad that you are enjoying your stay with us and that we continue to impress you. Although we certainly feel like we are the best Marriott hotel in the country, please know that we are not rated #1. We do appreciate your high praise and look forward to your continued stay.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay of three nights here -- the room was clean and spacious, the breakfast buffet was outstanding, and everyone on the staff was friendly and so eager to help.

We were surprised, however, to be put in a "pet-friendly" room without prior notice, even though we booked the room two months in advance. The management reports that they do a thorough cleaning after a pet has been in a room, but that does not, in my opinion, eliminate their obligation to give guests the option, at the point of reservation, of staying in a pet-friendly room or not.

Room Tip: If you have animal allergies or just don't want to stay in a room where pets have been, say so w...
Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Laurianne,
Thank you for reviewing the Residence Inn Waco. I'm thrilled to hear that you found your room clean and spacious and our staff friendly and helpful! Please accept my apologies that you were not notified that you would be staying in a pet friendly room. Please let us know the next time you stay with us and we would be more than happy to get you into a different room type. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm thanks,

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Staff was very friendly and extremely helpful since I had never been to Waco previously. They supplied me with a nice city map and gave me recommendations. My room type was oversold and since we arrived late due to airline weather issues, they upgraded the room to a beautiful two-bedroom suite complete with fireplace. The room was very clean and comfortable. The mattress was great, the only reason they didn't get a 5 on the sleep quality is because they are located near the train, and I was awakened both mornings by the train whistle as it went through town, although the hotel obviously cannot control that. The breakfast buffet was always fresh and hot, although I would have preferred a few more choices. It is a great property, and I plan on staying there on my next trip to Waco.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janet W
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Janet W,
Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Waco. I'm so glad to hear that you found my staff friendly and had an overall enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I took 12 students and another teacher with me for a state competition at the Waco Convention Center. We stayed Thursday to Saturday April 10-12. The breakfast bar had a lot of great options- a variety of fresh fruit, eggs, cereals, waffle/pancake stations. No bacon!

We chose this location because it was 0.40 miles from the Convention Center. It really seems a lot further than that and it is not a very 'safe' feeling kind of walk either. I ended up using the bus for the multiple daily trips because some of our competition ended at night and I didn't want students getting lost.

There is nothing convenient to eat nearby either so, stock up some fresh fruit from breakfast if you want a snack!

Rooms were large and inviting. I had group meetings with all 12 students and 2 adults in my room. Everyone had a spot to sit comfortably. There was also several table top options to spread out your work or eat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank nmwh

Dear Nmwh,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Waco. I'm glad to hear that you found our spacious suites large enough for your needs. I'm also glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Please keep us in mind for your next visit to Waco.

Warm thanks,

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The staff at the Residence are extremely friendly and helpful, however house keeping needs some improvement. Dusting down does not seem to be part of their regular duties.
I noticed a chair in my room that was covered in dust which was not cleaned for 4 days.
The general cleaning of the room has room for improvement.

The rooms in general are fairly spacious, and well equipped, though the cutlery could do with being replaced due to sharp edges.

The annoying thing for me was that many of the guests would just let their doors bang shut rather than closing them quietly.

The walls are very thin, so be prepared to be able to listen in to the guests in the next room.

All in all, it's not a bad place to stay. There are better, and I'm sure there are worse.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor as you will hear less noise from people allowing their doors to slam shut. Th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pete B
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Pete B,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. I appreciate you bringing these concerns to my attention. I will address your comments with my housekeeping staff to ensure that we are putting a renewed focus on dusting. I hope that if you find yourself back in the area, you will allow the Residence Inn Waco another opportunity to earn your business.