“GREAT STAY”

Residence Inn Waco
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Waco
“GREAT STAY”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

All staff members are over the top friendly and helpful. I must give a special thank you to LANA MURPHY, General Manager, for making our stay very comfortable. Breakfast was above average compared to other hotels I have recently stayed at. Monday - Thursday the hotel provides a Manager's Social with beer, wine and snacks.
My daughter and I stayed 2 days. My only negative remarks are that we had to change rooms after the first night. Something in our first floor room made my daughter very itchy. She is allergic to cats and thought that may have been the case. House staff told me that the hotel does allow pets on the first floor. Also the first floor had over head noise. Moved to a 3rd floor room and everything was perfect. Rooms are clean and beds are very comfortable. Did not use the pool or workout room so I have no comment on either of those hotel amenities.
FYI there was an occasional train that went by on a near by railroad track early in the morning
Hotel is located near great restaurants.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 3rd floor unless you travel with a pet.
1 Thank FYITEXAS
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear FYITEXAS,
Thank you for your five star review of the Residence Inn Waco. I'm so glad to hear that we were able to make your stay in Waco comfortable. I'm also pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and Manager's social. I hope you are able to come back and enjoy the pool very soon.

Lana M.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Nice hotel, helpful and polite staff. Downtown Waco. Walking distance to restaurants, Dr. Pepper Museum, near Indian Spring Park, the Brazos River/Trails, and historic suspension bridge. Hotel has free parking, indoor pool, onsite snack bar. Surroundings were quiet except for the occasional rumble of the train which was actually quite nice to hear. We walked across the street on Saturday morning to visit the farmer's market before heading out to the Mayborn Museum on the Baylor campus.

1 Thank tdg926
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Tdg926,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Residence Inn Waco. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our friendly and polite staff. We hope you will remember us the next time you are in the area.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is a clean, well kept hotel with larger rooms and a great staff. It is very convenient to the Baylor campus. The breakfast bar is pretty good as far as free hotel breakfast bars go. I liked that they had real oatmeal instead of the instant I often find at similar hotels.
The best part of this hotel however is the very friendly engaging staff. Every single staff member goes out of their way to great you and let you know they will do anything they can to make your stay more pleasant. My daughter is a freshman at Baylor and I plan on staying at his great property many more times over the next four years.

1 Thank Ken F
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Ken F,
Thank you for the five star review! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff and complimentary breakfast, especially our oatmeal. We look forward to hosting you for years to come.

Daleville, Alabama
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We chose the Marriott Residence Inn because we thought we were going to have an additional party stay with us, but we ended up with it to ourselves. The room(s) were very nice, especially the kitchenette and the bathrooms. My wife liked that the toilet and shower were separated from the vanity. The suite was spacious. The property was well kept and the staff was very attentive and friendly. The breakfast was ok, one of the these days someone is going to invent a better mechanism to make motel eggs and sausages. If you are planning to stay for several days or more highly recommend it. Will be a great place to stay for Baylor's new football stadium.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Daleatty,
Thank you so much for your review of the Residence Inn Waco. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed our spacious suites, friendly staff and complimentary breakfast. It is always our goal to impress our guests, and we are glad that we have turned you onto the Residence Inn brand. Thanks for recommending us to others, and we hope to see you again.

Warm thanks,
Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Four years ago, I posted a TripAdvisor review that said "We'll be back!" and we have. Residence Inn continues to be our favorite hotel in Waco, whether we're visiting relatives or attending events at Baylor University. We stayed here again on a recent family road trip and were delighted with the two-bedroom suite. I had requested a crib when I made the reservations six weeks earlier, and this was the only hotel on the trip that had the crib, crib sheet and blanket in the room when we checked in without me having to remind them of the request. This seems like a small thing, but it is indicative of the extra TLC the staff gives to all of their guests. If I had to make one critical comment, it would be that the evening refreshments are not as nice as some of the other Residence Inns we have stayed at, but since we cooked in the room anyway, this was not a big deal to us.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jgt63
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Jgt63,
Thank you for being a loyal guest of the Residence Inn Waco. We are so glad to hear that we consistently provide you with an exceptional stay! We hope that we will continue to see you each time you are in Waco.

Waco, Texas, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The staff and managers go above and beyond! The buffet hot breakfast is superb! There is an indoor pool, grilling area, and small basketball pad. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family! Perfect!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chelsea J
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Chelsea J,
Thank you for your review. I'm thrilled to hear that our staff provided you with exceptional service. It is always our goal to impress our guests and we love to know when we have accomplished that. We appreciate you recommending the Residence Inn Waco to your friends and family. Please come back soon.

Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for the past month on local business. I was extremely impressed with the hotel and staff in the first few days. There was something about this place that made me feel good and at home immediately. I found out later that this has been the #1 rated Marriott hotel (out of 499) in the entire country for the past 4 years. They send managers down from New York, etc. to train here on what makes things special for guests. I will be staying for another couple of months and don't expect my attitude about this hotel to change. I think the high ratings are primarily due to the positive attitude and commitment of the staff to every guest.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor on either side are great. I wouldn't recommend the 1st floor on the west...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David C
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear David C,
Thank you so much for your kind words of the Residence Inn Waco. We are so glad that you are enjoying your stay with us and that we continue to impress you. Although we certainly feel like we are the best Marriott hotel in the country, please know that we are not rated #1. We do appreciate your high praise and look forward to your continued stay.