“Friendly Place To Stay”
Review of Residence Inn Waco

Residence Inn Waco
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This was my second long term stay here and I'm pleased to say that there was an improvement on my previous complaint about housekeeping.

The rooms are adequately furnished and the beds are extremely comfortable.
The front desk staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

Well located for some of the local nightlife which is within walking distance.

Looking forward to my next visit in a few weeks time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Pete B,
Thank you for your review! I'm glad to hear that our housekeeping staff was able to exceed your expectations! We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We didn't intend to stay here but got bumped out of our convention's hotel, and felt like we won the lottery. Only 1/2 mile from the convention center (barely) and our kitchen/living room was the size of the room we "didn't get". Every staff person we met spoke and made us feel at home. Add a little cheese to those breakfast eggs and it's almost like home. The Manager's social had an amazing selection of pour-it-yourself wines and beer, and it's not uncomfortable to sit down there and enjoy even if you're alone. It doesn't happen every night so enjoy when you can. We stayed Tuesday to Sunday. Easy in and out from the streets, traffic fairly light and quick access to restaurants and the historic downtown area. Leave, drive, park and in the convention center in 5 minutes. Also felt very safe coming in when our events ran late into the night.

Room Tip: We were on 3rd floor. Don't be in a hurry for the elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susie R
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Susie R,
Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Waco. I'm so pleased that staying at our hotel was like "winning the lottery". Our entire staff works hard to impress our guests and it is clear we accomplished that during your stay! We hope to have the privilege of hosting you on your next trip to Waco.

Sincere thanks,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

All staff members are over the top friendly and helpful. I must give a special thank you to LANA MURPHY, General Manager, for making our stay very comfortable. Breakfast was above average compared to other hotels I have recently stayed at. Monday - Thursday the hotel provides a Manager's Social with beer, wine and snacks.
My daughter and I stayed 2 days. My only negative remarks are that we had to change rooms after the first night. Something in our first floor room made my daughter very itchy. She is allergic to cats and thought that may have been the case. House staff told me that the hotel does allow pets on the first floor. Also the first floor had over head noise. Moved to a 3rd floor room and everything was perfect. Rooms are clean and beds are very comfortable. Did not use the pool or workout room so I have no comment on either of those hotel amenities.
FYI there was an occasional train that went by on a near by railroad track early in the morning
Hotel is located near great restaurants.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 3rd floor unless you travel with a pet.
1  Thank FYITEXAS
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear FYITEXAS,
Thank you for your five star review of the Residence Inn Waco. I'm so glad to hear that we were able to make your stay in Waco comfortable. I'm also pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and Manager's social. I hope you are able to come back and enjoy the pool very soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Nice hotel, helpful and polite staff. Downtown Waco. Walking distance to restaurants, Dr. Pepper Museum, near Indian Spring Park, the Brazos River/Trails, and historic suspension bridge. Hotel has free parking, indoor pool, onsite snack bar. Surroundings were quiet except for the occasional rumble of the train which was actually quite nice to hear. We walked across the street on Saturday morning to visit the farmer's market before heading out to the Mayborn Museum on the Baylor campus.

1  Thank tdg926
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Tdg926,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Residence Inn Waco. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our friendly and polite staff. We hope you will remember us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is a clean, well kept hotel with larger rooms and a great staff. It is very convenient to the Baylor campus. The breakfast bar is pretty good as far as free hotel breakfast bars go. I liked that they had real oatmeal instead of the instant I often find at similar hotels.
The best part of this hotel however is the very friendly engaging staff. Every single staff member goes out of their way to great you and let you know they will do anything they can to make your stay more pleasant. My daughter is a freshman at Baylor and I plan on staying at his great property many more times over the next four years.

1  Thank Ken F
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Ken F,
Thank you for the five star review! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff and complimentary breakfast, especially our oatmeal. We look forward to hosting you for years to come.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We chose the Marriott Residence Inn because we thought we were going to have an additional party stay with us, but we ended up with it to ourselves. The room(s) were very nice, especially the kitchenette and the bathrooms. My wife liked that the toilet and shower were separated from the vanity. The suite was spacious. The property was well kept and the staff was very attentive and friendly. The breakfast was ok, one of the these days someone is going to invent a better mechanism to make motel eggs and sausages. If you are planning to stay for several days or more highly recommend it. Will be a great place to stay for Baylor's new football stadium.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Daleatty,
Thank you so much for your review of the Residence Inn Waco. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed our spacious suites, friendly staff and complimentary breakfast. It is always our goal to impress our guests, and we are glad that we have turned you onto the Residence Inn brand. Thanks for recommending us to others, and we hope to see you again.

Warm thanks,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Four years ago, I posted a TripAdvisor review that said "We'll be back!" and we have. Residence Inn continues to be our favorite hotel in Waco, whether we're visiting relatives or attending events at Baylor University. We stayed here again on a recent family road trip and were delighted with the two-bedroom suite. I had requested a crib when I made the reservations six weeks earlier, and this was the only hotel on the trip that had the crib, crib sheet and blanket in the room when we checked in without me having to remind them of the request. This seems like a small thing, but it is indicative of the extra TLC the staff gives to all of their guests. If I had to make one critical comment, it would be that the evening refreshments are not as nice as some of the other Residence Inns we have stayed at, but since we cooked in the room anyway, this was not a big deal to us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jgt63
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Jgt63,
Thank you for being a loyal guest of the Residence Inn Waco. We are so glad to hear that we consistently provide you with an exceptional stay! We hope that we will continue to see you each time you are in Waco.