“You've got to try the sweet potato!”
Review of Logan's Roadhouse

Logan's Roadhouse
Ranked #122 of 401 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We eat here regularly, most recent visit was last Sunday. The food is always delicious. I had a salad and the plain sweet potato with cinnamon and butter - YUM. Mom had the loaded sweet potato with cinnamon, butter, caramel sauce, and broiled marshmellows on top. She said it was fabulous. Dear husband always gets a steak of some sort, this time he got the chicken-fried steak and it was huge, and he said very tender. Our problem with Logan's is the service, or should I say the Hot & Cold service. On one visit you can have the best service imaginable. The next time, you have to ask for silverware, ask for tea, ask for tea again, ask for silverware again, etc. And if you have the nerve to ask for some rolls, the server acts like you've committed some huge sin! Then you have to ask for the manager. On our last visit, the place was packed, and the service was great, no problems whatsoever. I just wish their waitstaff would be a bit more consistent.

1  Thank Sandra S
There are newer reviews for Logan's Roadhouse

Reviewed 4 February 2013

This restaurant was near our hotel, Hampton Inn and Suites South, and we had been travelling all day and wanted a good meal and we definitely got one. The servings fill you up and everything tasted well. The ribs my husband had melted in his mouth. The staff was very friendly and took the time to tell us about Waco and answer the questions we had. Very good experience there.

1  Thank jestuen
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

Went with another couple last night for the first time. The hostess took us to a small table and we asked i we could have one of the empty booths. she acted like that irritated her and she never said another word to us, such as enjoy your meal etc. everyone in our party noticed her irritation. The complimentary peanuts were the best thing I had there. The chicken fried steak was the processed, pre-breaded, frozen kind that you get at Dairy Queen. It had little taste. The mashed potatoes were the consistency of joint compound but tasted better than they looked. I had a side of onion petals with a very bad dipping sauce. It was happy hour so I asked how much a Blue Moon beer was. The waiter told me happy hour didn't apply to domestic beer even though it is brewed in Colorado. The cost for one Blue Moon was $5.50. I can buy a six pack for $7.00 at Walmart.
A server dropped a Container of butter servings on the floor by our table, glanced at it and kept walking. It remained there for the duration of our meal with several staff glancing at it but never picking it up.
Most of the servers looked like they worked at a car wash instead of a restaurant.
I was very disappointed with everything from the hostess to the food to the atmosphere and won't waste my time or money there again.

1  Thank WilliamR626
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Food is never all that good, seems like something precooked and then re-heated. Service was okay but food was low quality.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

We haven't been back since my husband's birthday in October, but we got a gift card Christmas and we were in the area. I also had another one of the buy one get one coupons that I get in my email. The food was much better, especially the soft rolls we missed last time. My sirloin was excellent medium rare, but my husband's New York strip was closer to medium and a little tough. The service was much better this visit, but we just cannot seem to justify the high prices except for a special occasion as the quality is just not there. They have great specials from 3-5 Monday through Wednesday, but that' s not feasible for someone that works 8-5 M- F.

1  Thank Lisa P

Been to Logan's Roadhouse? Share your experiences!