“Amazing stay at the Cotton Palace”
Review of The Cotton Palace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waco
The Cotton Palace
Ranked #1 of 11 Waco B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 August 2012

My husband and I took a few days for a getaway at the Cotton Palace and we're so glad we did! What a wonderful place! The rooms, the food (courtesy of Becky) and the "entertainment" by Dutch were all great! We loved the homemade cookies that were right outside our room all day long! We stayed in Emily's room, which was so pleasant. I peeked in a few of the other rooms and would like to stay in Erin's suite or Amanda's room on another trip! All the rooms are beautifully decorated and the whole house is so comfortable and enjoyable. We would highly recommend the CP! We definitely would go back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 August 2012

My husband and I had a 1 night stay at the Cotton Palace and would have loved to have spent more nights as the accomodations in Matt's Attic were outstanding! Our breakfast was very well done and just the right portion amount! We have stayed at BnB in Fredricksburg and all the way to McDuff Scotland and have never had so much entertainment at breakfast! The room was so very nicely decorated and the bed was the most comfortable bed!
The location was excellent and the parking very spacious!
We would highly recommend Cotton Palace in Waco if ever a need to see Waco or visit Antioch Church!

Room Tip: Matt's Attic...several sitting areas, several beds for family and extremely quiet!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
TheCottonPalace, Owner at The Cotton Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

So glad you enjoyed Matt's Attic! We think that's a great, quiet space on the third floor - lots of room. So glad you let me "twist your arm" to stay there. I knew you would love it! Looking forward to seeing you when you come to visit your daughter this year.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

We have been traveling over the last 7 months visiting B&B's in 3 different States at least 3 weekends out of each month. My husband and I agree that the Cotton Palace hands down is the best one we have visited to date. Dutch is the highlight of the stay! He will make you feel as if you have come "Home". Becky and her most amazing cooking and hospitality made us just want to move right on in! The home was very clean and quite with the exception of the morning breakfast of which Dutch entertained and kept the hospitality flowing like good ole Southern Sweet Tea ( wish we could just bundle him up and take him with us). Looking around the table I saw folks from different walks of life, different life stories but yet we were made to feel like family. Here for one goal... relaxation and solitude which the Cotton Palace did not disappoint! I would highly recommend this B and B! Thank you Becky and Dutch and Matt for a SUPER weekend!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for such sweet words! We loved getting to know you and to hear all about your future plans. Please let us know if we can help in any way. And thanks for the thoughtful gift - it's perfect for Emily's Room.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

What a gorgeous place to stay in Waco. Four members of my family (including myself) were in Waco for a family reunion, two of us from Austin and two from Dallas. We were able to entertain a couple of relatives in the beautiful sunroom our first evening there before heading out to dinner. We enjoyed three rooms of the house, each beautifully appointed, comfortable and tranquil. We had stayed in other hotels and B&Bs in the area before, but this was our first time at the CP. As we were relaxing together on the second evening there, we all looked at each other and said almost the same thing: "I think we've found our new Waco headquarters!" Anytime we go to Waco in the future, we will definitely try to stay at the CP. As many others have mentioned, the breakfasts are incredible! Nothing like I have ever had, and I'm fairly well traveled, both domestically and abroad. To be frank, Waco is not a top tourist destination, but I think that if there were more acccomodations in the area like CP, it would soon become a hot getaway attraction! Waco C of C! Pay attention!

Room Tip: Matt's attic is perfect for children or teenagers to hang out and have fun. I think it sleeps a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jrisovi
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you for your kind words! We had such a great time with your family - exploring all your Waco connections. But besides the new friendships - we loved that you were seeing Waco through new eyes - and seeing (as we do!) that Waco is a wonderful destination and one of our favorite parts of being a part of The Cotton Palace - is opening everyone's mind to the great city of Waco and all it has to offer. We hear it all the time - guests had no idea Waco was such a great place to visit and explore - and we know, it is only getting better!!! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2012

My wife and I were staying in Waco for a church conference, and we were so blessed to find the Cotton Palace. The room was very comfortable and beautifully furnished with everything we needed. The location was very convenient all areas of Waco.
Becky was kind enough to accommodate us by having breakfast early so that we could enjoy their delicious cooking before going to the conference. The meals were delicious, and I would have hated to miss them.
Everything was just wonderful, and my wife and I are planning on returning to the Cotton Palace in the future for a pleasure trip.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hillary Room, but we also looked at several of the other rooms. All of them were b...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kayelem
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I was in town for a few days for business but also had my children with me so wanted a place that was comfortable for them to stay at while I was out working. This B & B was perfect with such a beautifully manicured yard for them to play outside. Becky was like warm sunshine always greeting with a smile and making sure all was going great. We have some food sensitivities and she was careful to prepare our breakfast with our health in mind, that was very much appreciated. Absolutely loved out stay and will stay here if we are ever in the area again!!

Room Tip: Matt's Attic was perfect for us as we had a couple children as well as my work assistant. My as...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ritalawrencedotcom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This was our first time to stay at a B&B, and we were not disappointed! The Cotton Palace is a beautiful place, and the rooms are wonderful! We stayed in Emily's room, which was lovely. I also peeked into Erin's Suite while I was there (the door was open and the guests had not arrived, so I couldn't help myself), and it looks very lovely, as well. The common areas of the house are equally as nice, and the front porch is just what you would expect in a grand old home like this. Gorgeous! We enjoyed a glass of wine on the front porch in the evening, and the street was quiet and peaceful. You can tell that Becky has really put in a lot of time and effort to get everything in tip top shape. As lovely as the house itself is, I think the best part was breakfast. The stuffed French Toast was amazing! And we really enjoyed the conversation with Dutch - he is a character!

Unfortunately, we could only stay one night, but if we ever do have another occasion to stay in Waco, we will absolutely stay at The Cotton Palace again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JDHSherman
TheCottonPalace, Owner at The Cotton Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

So glad you enjoyed the front porch! I love sitting out there, too! So glad your first experience at a B & B turned out so well. Would love to see you again at the breakfast table!