“An Oasis of Hospitality”
Review of The Cotton Palace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waco
The Cotton Palace
Ranked #1 of 10 Waco B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 February 2014

In this day and age when we go in and out of hotels and travels being so anonymous, The Cotton Palace makes a statement that there is another choice. Becky and Dutch were incredibly friendly. I met a girlfriend halfway in Waco to catch up. This wonderful home provided just the place for us. We stayed in Matt's attic which was perfect with two beds. Coffee and cookies are provided on the second floor with rooms surrounding. The breakfast was one of a kind served on a formal dining room table with splendid service provided by Dutch. Our visit was memorable in that we connected with other guests and left feeling so refreshed. Dutch provided the glue to connect the guests at breakfast attending to our every need. We will return to this fabulous B&B. You will not regret your stay! Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandy I

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I made reservations at the Cotton Patch for my friend and I to meet in Waco for a time of catching up. I needed to find a gas station before I got to the closed exits caused by road construction. I was in panic mode when my phone rang. It was Becky. She knew immediately where I was and "talked" me to a filling station. Once I was parked at the pump, she gave me information I needed for checking in early. Cotton Palace is decorated nicely and it didn't hurt that the Christmas decorations were still up! Becky and Matt greeted us warmly, gave us suggestions for dinner, and made us feel at home. Dutch came to serve us our tasty breakfast and have a time of warm sharing!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Helen J
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Jo & I wanted a cozy get away with good old fashioned service and with real people to make you feel welcome. Wow, did we find it! Becky and Dutch were the absolute best. The house was just perfect in every detail and we felt so welcome in the whole house not just the beautiful room we were in. The breakfast experience with Dutch in training was great fun and sooooo GOOD. Each meal was different and a delicious treat. We could tell that Becky loves her work. I would certainly recommend this Palace to everyone. We hope to be back soon.
Charles Mahan - Houston TX

Room Tip: The Emily is a very comfortable room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charles M
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had to be in Waco for a friend's wedding on my birthday weekend, so I decided to make a mini-vacation out of it, and stayed in this wonderful B&B. The service was always fun, welcoming, and caring, and the other guests were also friendly! The breakfast was delicious, and the waiter, Dutch, was terrific. I had such a great time, and I would recommend it to anyone. :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Elena N
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We spent our 6th Anniversary here. It was our destination, we were not passing through on our way to somewhere else. The house was elegant and you could tell that so much thought went into the decor of each room. Thank you Becky and Matt for your hospitality and Dutch for the great stories and good laughs. It was truely a blessing and we enjoyed walking around Waco. We went to the Dr.Pepper museum and the Texas Rangers Museum. My husband and I have spent a lot of money on fancy hotels, but your B&B surpasses them all and was the best place we have ever stayed by far. In my opinion your room rates are to low for the quality of service and attention to detail that are convayed in a single night. Would return all the time. Thank you for a memorable weekend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
TheCottonPalace, Owner at The Cotton Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

So glad you enjoyed your anniversary stay in Waco at The Cotton Palace B & B. And thrilled you loved our great town and all the activities we have for tourists in Waco. Congratulations on your anniversary and we'd love to have you come back - maybe next anniversary??? Lots happening in our great city!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife and I enjoy getting away for our anniversary and staying at a place where we can hit the pause button on kids, work and life. This quest normally takes us several hours from home to the familiar Texas B&B locations. We decided to try Cotton Palace, only about 20 minutes from our home, based on some local feedback and their stellar Trip Advisor rating. This is a place that lives up to, and exceeds, its reputation. Becky and Matt greeted us and made us feel like family. Dutch is one of a kind. Breakfast is prepared and served not packaged for you to warm up. In a word, delicious. I'm more focused on rooms and price and let my wife handle the decor feedback. Lots of "oohs and aahs." The roses I ordered at online checkout were very good quality and placed perfectly in the room. We were the first guests to arrive that day so we peeked in all but one of the rooms and were pleased we chose Eren's suite. Enjoyed the extra sitting area between bedroom and bath. The rooms are comfortable, clean and nicely furnished. They keep the traditional feel of a home built in the 1900's but it does not feel old and/or worn out. The wifi was spotty but that was a good reminder to stay off the computer. The high quality linens and robes are a definite plus. The managers have thought of many details such as cookies, bottled water and coffee that are available throughout your stay, but are close by just in case you need something. Cotton Palace is only minutes by car from a continually improving downtown Waco. We had a nice meal and identified frozen yogurt and coffee bar all in walking distance of where we ate dinner. The neighborhood around the property is an older one with some beautiful homes that have been reclaimed and upgraded. We felt safe and pampered throughout our stay. We wish it was more than one night and will definitely be back. Rarely does this happen but my wife and I completely agreed - we found our favorite bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: If you are interested in a bit more privacy the. Eren's suite is the choice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Call it "The Best Bread and Breakfast in America" -- and we've seen many! If I could live at The Cotton Palace, I'd move back to Waco. And I've lived in Southern California for 35 years. But we recently had an incredible four day stay at The Cotton Palace while on a book tour of my new book, and it had to be the most wonderful travel stay of our lives with the possible exception of our honeymoon in Maui. We stayed in Eren's Suite, the largest of the rooms with a lovely sitting room -- and it rained a couple of nights, giving a unique charm that made you want to take an umbrella out and walk around, which we did. The breakfasts -- among them bananas foster French toast and some secret-ingredient scramble eggs -- were were like something from a Parisian restaurant. Owner Becky Schroeder Hodges is a wonderful host, and her son Matt is... well, just call Matt The Prince of The Cotton Palace. And then there was the great surprise of having breakfast served by Hodges' dad, Dutch Schroeder, the legendary baseball coach at Baylor, and the splendid conversation of his lovely wife Betty. The Cotton Palace and the family are the best ambassadors reviving Waco has going for it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
TheCottonPalace, Owner at The Cotton Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Thank you for your kind words! It was truly a pleasure for all of us to get to know you and Renee and get to share in your homecoming and literary success. Can't wait for your return visit. We would love to get you back to Waco - permanently! So glad you enjoyed the house and your breakfast every morning. You made breakfast such a special time for us and the other guests with the stories of your literary career.