“Best Oriental Restaurant in Texas”
Review of Summer Palace

Summer Palace
Ranked #108 of 411 Restaurants in Waco
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I visit my grandkids in Waco Texas twice per year. A trip would not be complete without going to Summer Palace oriental buffet with my daughter, son-in-law, and 3 grandkids ages 15, 13, and 8. Went again in July 2013. The variety is HUGE; not only dozens of oriental dishes, but also American Fare that satisfies my picky-eater-grandkids: freshly sliced ham, pizza, freshly baked rolls, cream cheese fried won-tons, salad and fruit bar, ice cream sundae bar, and large variety of freshly prepared desserts. I LOVE oriental food and can never decide what to order at a sit-down restaurant. The large variety here is so delicious, authentic, and fresh. The price is very reasonable...the bill for the 6 of us comes to $60 with free prompt refills. I can't wait to go again in December 2013. .

Reviewed 19 August 2013

For a small town Asian buffet the food is alright, average compared to the Dallas area Asian buffets. However, the wonton soup is really good - they keep the wonton separate from the soup so they stay together, never soggy. The rest of the food like the beef and broccoli is only OK. The service was polite however the waiter was dull and definitely did not want to be there. If you are in Waco, skip this place and look for something better

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We love to eat at the Summer Palace in Hewitt. You don't have to dress up-it's come as you are. The crab legs are my favorite. My husband likes the fresh oysters. There are at least half a dozen different shrimp recipes used and they are all delicious. The pepper steak and chicken with large.juicy mushrooms are my favorite oriental entrees. The salads are fresh with a good Caesar dressing. There are also fresh fruits. The tapioca pudding and almond cookies are usually my dessert choices. Sometimes I like the ice cream from a self service machine, then I add chocolate sauce and oreo crumbles. When I'm really hungry, this all-you-can-eat buffet has plenty of healthy and delicious choices. I'm never disappointed.

2  Thank Franksmama
Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

Nice array of food choices. Could restock certain items more frequently. Good soups and shrimp usually. Good frog legs and crawfish. Service usually good re refills and cleaning away plates. Nothing special but a good buffet for Waco.

2  Thank CharlieinTexas
Reviewed 15 October 2012

A great place for the family. The Woodway retaurant is very clean and the service is great. There are many choices in Chinese and American food so everyone can enjoy it

1  Thank glo62