“Poor Customer Service”

Magnuson Hotel Waco
Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Waco
“Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed 9 January 2011

Let me first start off by saying Victoria is Awesome! Great she walked me thru my whole reservation, cancellation policy and pet fee. When I arrived the customer service went down. Sondra, look as if she just crawled out of bed. She was checking us in and was very slow and YAWNED the either time she checked us in, she used a off the wall excuse I just woken up but once I have my coffee I much better. She was horrible no smile on her face, hair was everywhere. I called Victoria and she was so sweet apologizing to me saying that she will tell boss and give offered to give me a percent off my room I had told her no because I just wanted it to be addressed. I don't need nothing free at all or given a call just take care of the problem. After talking to Victoria, she made me realize that there is such a thing as being a team player because she took up for Sondra and the company. Y'all have a great worker have her train Sondra.

• Stayed January 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Our plans to make it home in one day didn't pan out and so we looked for a place to sleep in Waco. Choose Econo Lodge. We wouldn't do it again. The room was ok at first glance, but the shower curtain had been used as a hankerchief, and the weather stripping on the door was non existent. The highway traffic noise was tremendous and the dust and dirt came in as well. The staff was pleasant and the free breakfast ok. Next time we would spend another $20 and stay someplace else.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Waco hotels

The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 October 2009

We arrived late at this motel to say a Baylor Bears game the day after.

The rooms were clean and spacious, beds comfortable and the staff was very helpful. They even advised us to take the free shuttle to the stadium, to be taken just one block away.

The breakfast was good. Overall a pleasant stay for a very reasonable price, would sure stay again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lucas5915
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 2 June 2009

We stayed at the Econo Lodge this past weekend while in town for a tennis tournament. Breakfast was nice - yogurt, cereal, bagels, and homemade waffles. The room had a weird odor, but a lot of hotel rooms do. We had a lot of dead bugs in our room and bathroom. The morning we left there was a large spider crawling around on the wall. We let the front desk know, and they told us they had been spraying for bugs. We would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Lewes
Reviewed 15 May 2009

The room was comfortable in every way and the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. What more is really needed?

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 December 2003

The Comfort Inn in Waco, TX just off of I-35 is a great place to stay.
Very nice rooms, great staff, and well kept, and beautifully decorated courtyard make the hotel a nice find.