“Even Better Than Expected”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Waco, Texas
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Waco
San Antonio, Texas
“Even Better Than Expected”
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Very nice hotel, especially for this price range. Check-in was extremely pleasant and quick. We arrived to our room to a personal note welcoming us to the hotel. The room has everything you could need: small kitchen, full fridge, coffee pot and coffee items, small stove, other kitchen accessories, small table, living area, flat screen TV with cable, comfortable king bed with crisp linens and foam pillows (per my request), toiletries, free internet access (both wired and wireless) and much more. The room was cool and quiet and made for a great nights sleep. Breakfast is above the norm: fresh waffles, eggs, biscuits, gravy, cereals, juices, etc. Staff was pleasant, and check-out was just as smooth as check-in. We would easily recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cstokely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Rigby, Idaho
Reviewed 25 August 2011

The hotel is in brand-new condition and is very comfortable. My room and the common areas were clean. The A/C kept the room cool, but the thermostats displayed temps at least 5 degrees warmer than the actual temperature. Internet access was free and fast. The mattress was comfortable. There was no tub in my room, but the walk-in shower was spacious. The two TVs in the suite were large HDTVs, but the HD content was limited to just a handful of obscure channels. Breakfast and the evening reception meal were sometimes crowded with a crush of people, but that's beyond the hotel's control. Certain food items were quickly depleted as a result.

Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ajnuff
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I really thought this was a classy place..... Way more than I expected for $119.00.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank DenaDavis
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Everything at this hotel is great. The staff knew my name day 1 and called me by name the rest of the week. They offer not only a great breakfast but great complimentary food and drinks after work.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Txw04e
Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2011

What a great stay. We stayed here a week for business trip to Waco. This had everything you needed- free wifi, along with complimentary breakfasts and dinners. Below is the breakdown:

Room: Perfect! Great sized room that was very clean. We did not hear any "hall noise." We did have one issue with the TV not coming on in the bedroom our first night there. We called the front desk and they had someone up that fixed it within 5 minutes. I was wowed, because this was a Sunday evening & I didn't figure anyone would be available to fix it till Monday.

Cleanliness: This is one area I am big on and I was very pleased. All areas of this hotel- grounds, room, eating areas were spotless.

Complimentary Breakfast & DInner: We knew about the breakfast, but we didn't know till we arrived dinner was served every Monday thru Thursday evenings. The menu was available in the room. Most nights we did have other engagements for business dinners, but one night we decided to try it out. There were a lot of people down there and hardly any food left and we walked in mid-way through the hours they had posted. This was the case too a few days for breakfast. No big deal though. There are several restaurants just across the interstate.

Overall this is an excellent place, and if we are in Waco again we would definitely stay here. :)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank 2intx
Cameron, Texas
Reviewed 25 May 2011

I would like to say that this was a great hotel. First the pro's the hotel its self is located on a nice convient place quite considering its next door to the area's busyest hospital and trama center. It located near legend lake which is a beautiful piece of property with a great view at night. This trip was the first night for me and my new wife and we were excited i had stayed in a hamton inn before so i knew this would be close. The room had many great features including a 32 inch flat screen tv, a huge king bed , microwave, refreigerator , full size couch and a great walk in shower and large bathroom. The room was very quite there was so many people in the hotel but we could barly tell. The staff was very nice and quite possible the fasest check in i ever had at a hotel in my life. The cons of the trip: first the price considering its hitting close to a regular hilton and even hampton is cheeper less than a mile away. The room it self was great but very jamed togeher the bed is near the bathroom and i can say it was very hard to get in and out without hitting something and the lest favorite thing we had was the privacy from the out side the curtins were pretty much see through thats something i was shocked at.

Room Tip: ask for a suite
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cwa8807
Colorado
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I was doing business in the area, so the company I was visiting suggested the Homewood Suites. I had rented a car from Avis, and the Garmin could not find the hotel or the hotel address, but I had the number and called and the front desk gave me directions. Not too much around there, but the hotel serves dinner and breakfast. I walked about 5 minutes to a good mexican places called "Chewy's" that had a nice outdoor patio. The room was just fine, separate living room kitchen and bedroom bathroom. Very clean. Kitchen a bit small, dining table seated 3 and it would be tight. Bedroom quite large. Good breakfast in the morning, real plates and silverware, good coffee. They served eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy, sausage, etc. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business