“Good option for a healthier meal”
Review of Cotton Patch Cafe

Cotton Patch Cafe
Ranked #153 of 398 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: American
Irving, TX
“Good option for a healthier meal”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

This place specializes in home style food, very similar to The Black Eyed Pea when they were still around. Got salmon and vegetables. Compared to most places, this was a very nice healthy option which helpful when your trying to lose weight and being out on the road doesn't help. Service was competent and un-obtrusive which I also appreciated.

• Visited May 2013

San Francisco, California
“Consistent food and service”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Food is classic comfort food and service is always friendly and efficient. Also good value.
During visits to Waco I've eaten here many times and never been disappointed. The desserts are very good. I've only had one complaint there and they promptly took care of it.

• Visited April 2013
“Fresh Food, Good Service”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We visited this location before the lunch hour rush so the environment was calm and quiet. The food was fresh - possibly because it was early in the day - and tasty. The salad dressing tasted homemade (whether it was or not) and the entrees were adequate in proportion. I had the vegetable plate and enjoyed the squash, salad, and black-eyed peas. The only thing I was thrilled with was the macaroni and cheese, and the rolls were just okay (too bland). My dining companion said the chicken-fried streak was very good, but that the fried okra could have used more spices. Our server was very attentive and brought the food quickly. I would go back again when / if I was in the area.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank L S
Hubbard, Texas
“seniors favorite”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

we eat at the cotton patch in Waco Tx. every Thursday. The employees are so nice and helpful. My Mom is 87 years old and uses a walker, no problem ! Someone takes her walker and returns it when we are ready to go. To me that is respect and kindness. The food is soooo good! I like the chicken and dumplins and Mom likes the meatloaf. We have never had a bad meal at the cotton patch. Oh yea, you have to get the baked squash,its the best!!

Thanks C P,
Carol Mitcham

• Visited March 2013
Waco, Texas
“I have always liked Cotton Patch”
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

Whether in Stephenville Tx or Waco it has consistently good food and service. The chicken fried steak always excellent and the vegetables fresh, colorful, seasoned just right. Ice Tea glass always filled.