“Friendliest Hotel I have stayed at”

Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Since arriving at Hotel Indigo near Baylor University, I was treated like a dignitary, even though I was barely 18 years of age and visiting for only 2 days. My dad and I first met Kayla who is among the sweetest ladies I have ever met. She made sure everyday that my dad and I were comfortable and introduced us to the Baylor students working there who gave me some advise for attending Baylor. She even offered us chocolate cake which was huge and among the best I have ever had although I don't like chocolate cake. We then meet Shane and Chris who along with Kayla always asked us to make sure we were okay and gave me advise for how to approach my upcoming Baylor life. The food was great and they had a great bar where we watch the NBA finals game between the Spurs and Heat. This all lead to my dad and I having a best experience ever at a hotel. Their customer service was through the roof.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Daryl B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words!
Kayla, Chris and Shane are shining examples of the effort being put forwrd by the entire team to insure an exceptional visit for our guests. Although providing a clean environment and excellent service may require some work their kindness comes natural and Ownership and Management alike are very proud of their efforts!
Hotel Indigo's are a refreshing and unique experience for all to enjoy and bring to life an inspired and vibrant environment that is unique to the Hotel industry!
We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

We couldn't take a huge vacation so we came to Hotel Indigo for our first anniversary. It was a great experience! The young lady who checked us in heard, and sent a personal card and cake to our room! She was very sweet and the rest of the staff was also great! The hotel was clean and gorgeously decorated! Fantastic hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013
Daryl B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you for sharing your special day with us and for recognizing our wonderful staff!
We hope to see you for many more anniversaries to come!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I had spent about 2 weeks on the road covering 13 states and was extremely tired. When I arrived at the Hotel Indigo, I found the hotel, staff and especially my room to be far more than I had anticipated. I was pleased with every facet of the hotel ... from the staff at the front desk to the restaurant and finally to my room. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone ... family, couple or businessman.

Room Tip: I believe due to the location of the hotel itself, that all the rooms would be conducive to sleep an...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing us during your travels and we are very pleased to hear how comfortable and welcomed you felt while staying with us!
From Front Desk, to Housekeeping and the Restaurant to Maintenance, the entire staff is here to exceed your expectations!

Travel safely and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Daryl & Team Indigo

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We only live about 30 miles from Waco...but Mother wanted to watch the Brazos Nights 4th of July Fireworks so she thought we'd try out the new Indigo Hotel.
Just so happens, the fireworks show fizzled that day but we had such a nice time at the hotel we'll probably make that a new tradition. And I'm sure my mother will take her sisters next visit...they always enjoy the 'get-away' of a nice hotel for their semi-annual 'sisters' reunion.'
Lovely hotel, Very comfortable and modern rooms. The hard flooring vs carpeting...was nice.... feels so much more clean and fresh.
All the staff were wonderful...from check in to dinner at the Bistro...and manage to pull off that level of service that's friendly, helpful and professional without crossing over to creepy and over-familiar! lol You feel like a proper Guest...not just a customer.

Room Tip: get a room on the north side to watch the fireworks!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your 4th of July vacation with us! Nicer hotels are starting to move away from the carpeting as they can retain odors, pet dander and just simply can't be cleaned as well. The rich hardwood floors have been popular with all of our guests.
We look forward to seeing your Mother and her Sisters soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. The facilities were clean and modern. I am especially thankful for the assistance of Whitney and Janette. They took good care of us and assured that our visit was exceptional!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Daryl B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

It truly was our pleasure to take care of the entire Wedding Party! Everyone in the group was so nice, they treated us as if we were the guests!
Whitney has rapidly become one of our Team Leaders and does an exceptional job and Janette has only been with our housekeeping department for two weeks and will do whatever she can to
insure a wonderful stay!
Can't wait to see you on your next visit to Waco!

Daryl & the entire Indigo-Waco Family

Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

From the second I walked into the door, I could tell that this was going to be a wonderful hotel experience. The young man at the front counter was very friendly. I lost my rewards card and he had no problem in assisting me by looking the number up.
The two queen beds in our room were very soft. My sons and I all slept nicely. Everything in the room appeared to be clean, which was comforting for me to know. I shower was huge with modern glass doors. Also, I felt safe the entire time because the door to the room had multiple looks and seemed real strong and secure. The pool and hot tub. I brought my three sons and they loved it. Right next to the pool, there are three fountains shoting up water. My sons thought that was the neatest thing because they have never saw a hotel pool like this before, except for maybe Great Wolf Lodge.
We at the hotel restaurant for dinner. I had the chicken nachos and they tasted wonderful. My sons all three ordered the chicken tacos and they finished their plates.
And finally, I need to mention the wonderful service that this hotel offers. I can truly say that each person I walked past smiled and greeted me. They made me feel welcomed.
I look forward to visiting this hotel again in August.

• Stayed: June 2013

Many hotels can create a clean and nicely designed hotel but the thing that seems to be most overlooked these days is the Service. The young man at the desk was Ankit, who has made it his goal to insure all of our guest's leave happier than when they arrived. We are very proud of our team of Front Desk, Servers, Housekeepers and Maintenance crew that have been going above and beyond to show our Guest's a sincere and genuine appreciation for choosing us as their hotel of choice.
To quote a famous hotelier Simon Cooper, "The answer is yes, now what's your question?"
If we can do it we will!

Thank you for recognizing our Family of employees.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Indigo. I stayed there due to having been in town for business for 4 days/3 nights.

The room itself was fantastic. Very comfortable accomodations and very modern decor. The lobby was beautiful, as well. I used the fitness center, which was nicely appointed.

My singular criticism is that, having been out of my room (and in the hot 100+ degree heat) from 7am until 3pm due to work, I got back to my room excited to take a shower and change out of my clothes. However, when I got to my room, I saw that house cleaning had just begun cleaning my room. This was disappointing, considering that it had been available all day to be cleaned.

On the other days, the room was cleaned promptly and I had zero issues.

Overall, this was a great place to stay, will stay there again, and will recommend to any friends headed to the Waco area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

One of our guest's most common compliments is their appreciation for the beautiful design and décor of both the Hotel and the Guest rooms.
The Ownership had put much thought into the design of both the pool, spa and fitness areas.
The pool and spa are covered by a contemporary awning allowing our guests to enjoy them even if the weather is not perfect.
Please do accept our apologies for the late servicing of your room, with 111 rooms on sold out days it may take every minuet of the day to complete our tasks.