“Surprising”

Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I did not expect to find a nice hotel in Waco, but this one is way beyond my expectations! Nice, modern rooms, great bar, very attentive front desk. Coming from Austin, I was a little snobby about what to expect in Waco, but this hotel surprised me!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Colangelo22
Daryl B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

We love when guests travel from Dallas or Austin to Waco Texas mostly because they are familiar with all of the 5 Star and resort style hotels the large cities have to offer and can compare in person the quality and guest service provided by our amazing team. PS don't tell the staff that little boutique hotels only qualify to be 3 Star hotels as we've convinced them we are a 5 Star property! We all are very happy to have been a wonderful surprise for you all!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

A diamond in the rough!
We enjoyed the room, the bar, the pool and lovely smiles.
We ordered drinks and found out the were not watered down nor tasteless.

The teens and the toddler were playing in the pool were the had nachos and milk.

The manager was so friendly yet professional.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shirlanne_R

Whether here on business or for pleasure all of our guests are entitled to a clean, comfortable and friendly environment, and that's just the beginning! Find out for yourselves why the Hotel Indigo here in Waco Texas is the #1 ranked Hotel Indigo in the nation for guest service and experience.
Thank you for letting us be your "Diamond in the rough"

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I did not expect to have such a great stay in Waco Tx of all places. The staff is very attentive, the restaurant is outstanding, and the rooms are delightful! If you're going to be in Waco I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank RMyatt4
Daryl B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Our business is all about exceeding expectations and I'm very pleased you were impressed!
A General Manager is only as good as the people they surround themselves with and I'm blessed with an amazing team. Please say hello on your next visit so I can be sure to welcome you officially to the Hotel Indigo Family!

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed everything about Hotel Indigo- location, it's sleek modern style, amazing food & drinks, and most of all, it's awesome staff! Cy Long was a fantastic host and made my stay there most enjoyable, I can't wait to stay again! I recommend Hotel Indigo to everyone!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Erin P

The secret to our success is that we don't simply provide beds but whenever possible create a memorable experience for our guests. Thank you for sharing your own experience with all of our TripAdvisor readers!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for business and was very impressed! Arrived at night, and the hotel had a large well lighted parking lot. The lobby has a very bright, lively and modern appearance with a bar/restaurant area located in the main lobby, and large televisions for watching sporting events. Apparently the hotel was opened in 2012, but it looks brand new. My room was reasonably priced at around $149 + TTL. All of the hotel staff I encountered were amazingly friendly and seemed to truly want to make my stay enjoyable. I lucked out for some reason and was upgraded to a suite (Room 236) which was really like a small apartment. A living room and entertainment area with a separate bathroom, and the bedroom had double sinks, a large jacuzzi, and walk-in shower with two shower heads. There was also an outdoor porch with seating! Everything was very nice and clean. I was amazed at how bright and modern the hotel seemed. The hallways were wide and well lit. A friend stayed in regular room and said it was equally nice. Had breakfast in the lobby and it was very good. Although they were busy, the staff was friendly and hustled. The most expensive thing on the breakfast menu was $8.50. I really can't say enough good things about this hotel and the staff. It is located just across I-35 from Baylor University. Short of a truly high-end hotel like the Four Seasons, I have not seen a nicer hotel for the price, with such friendly staff, in quite a long time. I would not hesitate recommending this hotel to anyone staying in Waco!

Room Tip: The suite I had (Room 236) was very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill S
Daryl B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Most people viewing our Web-Site would believe we are a resort or leisure hotel based on the beautiful design and amenities but in reality 70% of our business is business and corporate travel.
From 1 night to 50 our business travelers enjoy complimentary wi-fi, our 24 hour business center and fitness area, large well appointed rooms with pillow-top mattresses and an amazing Bistro & Lounge area to unwind after a long day! I'm very happy you had the opportunity to experience one of our Parlor suites which are always in high demand especially with those in town for Baylor University events. Our family of employees here aim to please and will always honor your requests with a smile!

Thank you again for your kind words!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have traveled all over the world and stayed in 100's hotels and this place rates next to the BEST! The ambiance was like being in a cheek hotel in Miami or Vegas ! Mirage at the front desk started off the experience and from the PLUSH décor or to the awesome bed , everything was SPOT ON! Cy Long at the bar was so personable too! We were catered to and spoiled!

Thanks guys for making the night in Waco AMAZING! will be back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather L

Oh if we only had an ocean front property and palm trees.. Thank you so much for the Miami and Las Vegas comparison! Everyone that joins us comment "It's like walking into a breath of fresh air" Bright, vibrant colors, soothing contemporary, jazz like music and a staff with only one thing in mind and that's to deliver an amazing experience for all of our guests! On this visit you came into contact with two leading examples of why our Hotel Indigo in Waco Texas is the #1 ranked property in the brand. Both Meraj and Cy lead up our Management team and set the tone for the entire Family of employees working here. Enjoy an amazing specialty cocktail in our beautiful pool and patio area and imagine the splashing fountains are the waves lapping up on a Miami shoreline! :-)

Thank you for being such a wonderful Ambassador of our Hotel!

Daryl, Meraj and Cy

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I really liked this hotel. New, clean, amazing shower, Aveda bath products, bar & restaurant, room service, pool & lounge area, walking distance to several restaurants. Staff was super friendly. I will definitely stay here when in Waco from now on.

• Stayed: June 2014
Daryl B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

There are hundreds if not thousands of nice new hotels being built around the world but what you'll find differentiates us is not only do we have a beautiful, modern and comfortable hotel that is inspired and supported by the IHG (Intercontinental Hotel Group) but our amazing family of employees who day in and day out try to inspire you,a and who also realize our success is not based on how many customers we have but by how many new friends we make each and every day!
Share with us the pure joy expressed by our team by entering the search words (Happy Hotel Indigo-Daryl) on your lap-top or i-phone and see why this has become the hotel of choice for many people traveling to Baylor University and Waco Texas.