“Only OK”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Waco, Texas
“Only OK”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

I have eaten at Sam's on the Square several times and always the service has been subpar and the food has been cold. I'm not impressed.

• Visited May 2013

Waco
“Love the Square Plates”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

A somewhat unique independent restaurant with some local dishes that are above average in both taste and presentation. The younger crowd seems to enjoy the evening hours and the bar, whereas the older groups tend to come for lunch.

Visited November 2012
Mary Jane C, Owner at Sam's on the Square, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write the review. We look forward to having you back soon!
Hewitt, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, Bad Drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

I love the food, especially the queso and the burrito bowls! But the last two times I have eaten there the Mexican Martini was awful. They used to have the best in town and it was the main reason I would go there. My wife's purple margarita was also bad on our last visit on 1/31/13. I miss my favorite Mexican Martini!

• Visited January 2013
Longview, Texas
“Good steet tacos and cold brewskys”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

Was looking for a new eatery in downtown Waco and saw this one on TripAdvisor. The reports of loud patrons almost put me off but gave it a chance.

Since most Baylor students are headed home for Thanksgiving it was not crowded (loud) so I enjoyed an early dinner at the bar and took advantage of the happy hour prices for a couple of cold brewskys and a light street taco dinner.

The taco al pastor was very good as was the fish taco.

I can see how this little bistro could be loud on weekends and during Baylor game nights but on the off nights it is a good place to eat and drink!

• Visited November 2012
Mary Jane C, Owner at Sam's on the Square, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
tomthbomb,

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your experience at Sam's! Nice job taking advantage of those happy hour beer prices! Thanks so much for the kind review, and maybe next time try one of our happy hour margaritas!

Mary Jane Castillo, Owner

P.S. Be sure to "like" us on Facebook, and we'll keep you up to date with any new specials, menu items, and more.
Waco, Texas
“Sam's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

Sam's is a fun place to go. The tacos are creative and good. The prices are really high for what you get. You have to spend a lot to get enough to eat, although individual tacos are not much.

Visited July 2012