“Great food and service!”
Review of Casa Ole' Mexican

Casa Ole' Mexican
Ranked #244 of 386 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Mexican
houston
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Our waitress was awesome - she was very attentive to us and our little girl. Brought out the little ones food first so she wouldn't get restless. Also, our food was great! Would definitely dine there again!

Visited September 2012

Waco, Texas
“Green Salsa”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Their food is good, but the greenish creamy salsa is what they're really known for!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Lydia S
“great value in Waco”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

One of the best values in Waco because you get a reasonable amount of food for a reasonable cost. The sampler is about all you can eat and you get a little of just about everything on the menu. I really enjoy the never ending chips and salsa while you wait.

• Visited May 2012
Fort worth
“Meat was NOT steak”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

First time at this restaurant, went here with wife and adult daughter. No host/hostess available upon entry and 4 people were waiting to pay their bills. Someone in a dingy, yellow polo shirt appeared and took her time in cashing the people out. Another person finally arrived to give someone his take-out, end we were greeted and seated. On the way to our booth, one cannot help but see that the floor has not been swept in awhile, evidenced by the debris under several tables. Our booth was clean however, albeit small. The ceiling fan (turned off) has also not been cleaned in weeks, as there is dirt and grime on each of the 4 blades is clearly visible from our table, ten feet away.

We browsed the menu and noted that a star (of sorts) designates a "Casa Ole Specialty". My wife and daughter ordered a quesadilla to share and I asked about the house specialty of Steak and Enchiladas. When asked what cut of steak was used in this dish, the waitress responded,"It's beef". When I said I knew that but was more interested in knowing if it was a flank, or skirt steak, she said, "I don't know what brand it is". Red flag...
Though a bit apprehensive, I ordered this anyway, hoping for the best. Within 5 minutes, the dishes were brought to the table, indicating that "chef Mike" (Microwave) was surely on duty tonight--- no cooking involved, just heating up in the microwave oven.I wonder when the "steak" was actually cooked, and is now simply nuked before serving...
The quesadilla was OK, nothing much to go wrong in preparing two tortillas with cheese in the middle. The Steak and quesadillas was another story.
The "steak" was shaped like a hand-held fan, the kind that was used by ladies to fan their faces in the old days. In my decades of eating out, I have never seen a fan-shaped steak. Could this be 1/4 inch thick piece of meat be ground beef , formed to look like steak? I cut it with my fork and then I knew this was not steak. Steak is fibrous and requires a sharp knife to cut, unless it is well-cooked fillet mignon. This was no fillet mignon, trust me.
I tasted it. Nope, not steak. What it was I'll never know- I didn't eat it. Strange taste, not appetizing, not Mexican.
The enchiladas were ok. Corn tortillas rolled up, with cheese inside. The enchilada sauce however, is not fresh made. If you like canned enchilada sauce, you can make this your restaurant. It was flavorless and again not Mexican.
For a Mexican restaurant whose outdoor street sign advertises "fresh food prepared daily", I find this restaurant to be sorely lacking. "Chef Mike" is surely a full time employee here, but there seems to be no actual cook.
If you want Mexican food, there are at least three others within 5 minutes from Casa Ole, one of the three in the same shopping center.
I'll not be back.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank JJ D
Fort Worth, Texas
“Very disappointed!!”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This is not one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, but my boyfriend loves the green sauce. I am always the one to go out for food, but if we are eating casa ole then I will be missing out. The food tasted terrible. It was bland, and the waitress should still be in training. We ordered a beef enchilada and basically got charged for every ingredient in the enchilada. When I confronted her, she just said that is how I rang it up. I left, she got no tip, and she can take it out of the tortilla, the beef meat and the sauce, which all make up an enchilada a la carte. Very disappointed!!! Waitress needed more training.

• Visited April 2012