“A Fun Lunch in Waco with Great BBQ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #96 of 369 Restaurants in Waco
Price range: US$8 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Uncle Dan's has been voted the #1 Barbecue Restaurant in Waco for over 15 years. We offer authentic smoked meats including beef brisket, turkey, ham, sausage, home made sides and gourmet mesquite wood fired hamburgers and many other delicious foods. Our amenities include family style dining, private party rooms with full audio visual capabilities, free wi-fi, delivery and catering.
New York City, New York
“A Fun Lunch in Waco with Great BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

One of our local co-workers took us here for lunch and it was a great afternoon for BBQ! Not knowing anything the counter man was genuinely interested in seeing that I knew all about their offerings and how to order. I had the 4-way combo and it was delicious. It included smoked turkey, sausage, spare ribs, and brisket. An excellent way to try a little of everything. Definitely going back whenever I'm there.

Visited November 2013

Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great BBQ brisket sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We were first tim epatrons at Uncle Dan's on Oct.29,2013. We had tremendous brisket sandwiches. The father and son owners were very warm and welcoming

• Visited October 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Best pulled pork”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Let me preface that I am not a huge barbecue fan. I had Uncle Dan's pulled pork and could not stop eating it. I had mine with the spicy sauce. It was perfectly cooked, tender and juicy, spicy but not too much so. The side dishes are just okay, I had green beans and butter beans. They needed extra seasoning. The potato salad, however, is stellar. My companion had it and I certainly will order it myself if I am ever in Waco again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Decent Food, Outdated Atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Certain areas of the restaurant are dark. The decor is very outdated and the whole place could use a facelift. The food was pretty good but not great. We tried the chopped beef sandwich and several side items and they were decent, but I had a little heartburn a few hours later so I can't guarantee we'll go back. I like the atmosphere better at Rudy's.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank L S
Sugar Land, Texas
“On the road stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

It was about ten minutes off of highway 6, but it was definitely worth it! We all agreed that the service was very good. with 3 kids and my husband, we had quite the variety of foods, and we were all full and happy after we were done.

Visited June 2013