“Good value for money”

Quality Inn & Suites Near University
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Entering Waco, we decided to stop at the first motel near a bar. We never regretted our choice. The motel was cheap, quiet and clean. Sleep quality was good and service was excellent. The room had a separate section with a sofa and two TVs. All in all a very nice stay.

Stayed: March 2013
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Thank you for making the effort and taking the time to leave a review. Its always a pleasure for us to hear such positive feedback. We hope that we can welcome you again as our guests in the future.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

Looking to swim laps a during freezing weather, I chose this Hotel because of the reviews. My room was next to the clean, quiet, small indoor pool and spa. My first experience swimming in salt water allowed me to swim with no googles. No red eyes or smell. I found it to be exceptional. Our room key gained us 20% discounts to restaurants, all in walking distance. Great value and a well trained staff made this a great find!

Room Tip: I called Hotel direct instead of National number to make reservation. I was given a room close to t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write such a wonderful review. Its always nice to hear from our guests what we are doing right as well as what we are doing wrong. Its a learning experience that helps us to improve the level of hospitality that we provide. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 20 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Gerald G

Reviewed 25 January 2013

We just stayed one night, but I was very impressed. The extra room with the sofa, TV, refrigerator, etc did make the bedroom nice and quiet. Everything was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good. The staff was friendly and let us know about an old bridge nearby which we visited as it was of engineering interest to my husband. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank retired-teacher60
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Reviewed 3 January 2013

My sons and I stayed at this hotel from 26-29 Dec. 2012. I found the hotel to be reasonably priced, clean and the staff was friendly, helpful and approperately dressed...The chain offered a generous breakfast with a very good selection of items to choose from...It is located just off I-35 down the street from the Veteran's Hospital and not too far from where I wanted to visit...There were an I Hop and Denney next door and across the street respectively...I found out by accident when I visited Denney's for dinner that if you let the staff at the restaurants know that you are staying at the hotel, you will get a discount off your bill...Although the guys didn't have time this trip, during our next trip to Waco they will bring along swimming trunks so that they can use the heated indoor pool, which is kept up on a daily basis.

Room Tip: my sons and I stayed in a two bed suite with sofasleeper and divider door. This room worked out very...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Erma W
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

It was wonderful to hear that you had such a great stay at our Quality Inn & Suites, Near University here in Waco, TX. We try very hard to make sure every stay at our hotel is a safe, comfortable, and a memorable one. I just wanted to let you know that we have added some more restaurants to our list for discounts and that the pool and hot tub is waiting for you on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Waco, TX.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Easy on and off I-35 in Waco. Close to restaurants, with an IHOP next door and several others nearby. Probably the closest hotel to the Waco ISD sports complex. Better than average breakfast. Have stayed here multiple times since it opened. Hotel is beginning to smell. If you aren’t a smoker, stay away from the 3rd floor which is half smoking. Unfortunately the smell is overwhelming when you get off the elevator on 3. And the smell doesn’t understand it is supposed to stay contained on the west end of the building. ;-) Our room on the non-smoking end still smelled like smoke. Hotel is across the street from a truck stop, and you will hear that noise. But since the fan in our room never turned off, it helped block some of the sound. I'll be looking for another place to stay next trip to Waco.

Room Tip: 1/2 of 3rd floor is smoking. Other half smells like stale smoke. Stay on floors 1 or 2 if you don...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AggieMom0610

I appreciate you taking the time to fill out your review and for bringing your issues out into the open. We take all responses as an opportunity to learn and improve on the level and value of customer service and hospitality that we provide. We are not a 100% non-smoking property and due to that fact we do have issues that arise from time to time, please accept my sincere apology. We always try our best to take care of everyone that comes to our hotel and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. We are a 5 time "Platinum Award" winning hotel, with two "Inn of the Year" awards as well as a being an "Inn of the Year" finalist with Choice Hotels International. We take Platinum Service and Platinum Hospitality to a whole new level and as always hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

He guys, this was my favorite hotel in Waco for years until night before last. They started spraying something in the rooms to make them smell tropical. Problem: It burns my eyes and nose, it's frickin' overwhelming, and it's in every room. Also, there's some Indian looking man walking around with bare feet giving orders to the help, and hanging around. That was kinda creepy and I didn't like that either. The rooms are still very nice, the service is excellent, the hot breakfast very good, and the price was very good too. If you can handle the Indian man and the overpowering room freshener, it's still a good deal. Next year though, I'm making a change.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the third floor unless you don't mind it being half smoking. They still have s...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank cnegley3rd

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Its feedback from our guests that help us learn from our mistakes and teach us how we need to move forward and improve. I passed on the information from your review to my team and we analyzed the amounts of air freshner that we were using in our guest rooms, we have made adjustments accordingly. I appreciate your response and hope we will see you in the future.