“Great Value”

Quality Inn & Suites Near University
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My children and I stayed here while in town for basketball tournament. We didn't spend much time at the hotel but enjoyed the time that we did. It was clean and the staff was extremely nice & helpful. They have a good breakfast selection or you can get 20% off at the IHop in their parking lot among other discounts. Upon check-in the guy (didn't get a name) offered to get us directions to the different gyms that we would be playing in. I would definitely recommend this for a family stay.

Room Tip: The only downside was our room was near the indoor pool and we could somewhat hear the noise. We wer...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to give us feedback about your stay. Its this feedback that helps us learn from our mistakes and shows us where we are doing things right. I hope that we will be seeing you soon and thanks again for staying with us!

Reviewed 7 June 2013

We choose this hotel by location. It was right off I35 and we had been traveling all day. My first impression was not great (funny smell in the lobby)but once we got to the room it was much better. The room was very large with a separate living area with a small kitchenette. The bedroom was large and clean. No complaints.

• Stayed: June 2013

I always love to hear feeback from our guests. It tells me where we need to improve as well as where we are excelling. I hope that we can be of service to you in the future when you are visting Waco, TX! Thanks again!

Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

This is a return stay from a couple years ago. It is just as clean and nice as two years ago. Nate is still the manager and does a great job keeping the hotel in good order and has a well trained staff. If you look on the wall to the right of the desk you can see all the awards they have earned. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I enjoy passing on your kind feedback to our staff! We look forward to seeing you soon when you are passing through Waco, TX!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

This was a great stay. The location was excellent at I-35 near Loop 340 on the south side of Waco. Our room was clean and had a built-in microwave oven along with a mini-refrigerator. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best “free” breakfasts we have enjoyed in quite a while. The wireless internet connection was fast – I measured an average of 15.5 Mbps on my laptop last night. They offered an indoor swimming pool and a nice office center connected to a free laser jet printer (which I definitely used to print a few pages of travel itinerary). Not sure why various web sites have this location rated as a two-star hotel: it seems to me they should be rated as at least 3 or 3½ stars. We will definitely return to this hotel on our next visit to Waco.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank punchcard
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I stayed at this Hotel twice and it is always very clean; The Property looks brand new and the service is adecuate.

The Breakfast in the Morning is pretty good and more than I expected.....

Room Tip: If you are Looking for a Clean Hotel,,,, This is the One you want to stay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Entering Waco, we decided to stop at the first motel near a bar. We never regretted our choice. The motel was cheap, quiet and clean. Sleep quality was good and service was excellent. The room had a separate section with a sofa and two TVs. All in all a very nice stay.

Stayed: March 2013
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Thank you for making the effort and taking the time to leave a review. Its always a pleasure for us to hear such positive feedback. We hope that we can welcome you again as our guests in the future.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

Looking to swim laps a during freezing weather, I chose this Hotel because of the reviews. My room was next to the clean, quiet, small indoor pool and spa. My first experience swimming in salt water allowed me to swim with no googles. No red eyes or smell. I found it to be exceptional. Our room key gained us 20% discounts to restaurants, all in walking distance. Great value and a well trained staff made this a great find!

Room Tip: I called Hotel direct instead of National number to make reservation. I was given a room close to t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write such a wonderful review. Its always nice to hear from our guests what we are doing right as well as what we are doing wrong. Its a learning experience that helps us to improve the level of hospitality that we provide. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!