“Good choice for a tour of Baylor University”

Quality Inn & Suites Near University
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Stayed for one night to tour Baylor University. Convenient location, close to stores, restaurants etc. Had a room with 2 queens and a sofa sleeper. Nice to have queen beds instead of doubles. Internet was fast. Room was clean, hot breakfast was good. Was worried when the elevator smelled like smoke, but once we were on the 2nd floor, there was no odor at all.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I love to read reviews like yours to our staff, it shows that they are really making a difference. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2013

The Quality Inn & Suites on S. New Road in Waco was an excellent choice for my husband and I when we were there for a Saturday seminar at a nearby hospital. The king suite had a separate living area from the bedroom and both areas were spacious and comfortable. We enjoyed using the exercise room, the expanded continental breakfast, and the free wireless internet access. The hotel was convenient to a variety of shopping choices and restaurants. Management had deals lined up with eateries for discounts as well.
The suite was very clean and comfortable, and had an excellent heating/cooling control. Our suite was a non-smoking choice. I am a former smoker and did smell a hint of stale smoke in the hallway. We sometimes travel with our schnauzer/poodle and wish they had rooms that were pet-friendly.
Overall, we were very pleased with the staff and the quality of the accommodations. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank burghbound
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to visit Waco, TX!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Visiting Waco often...I have stayed in many of the better hotels there. This Quality Inn on New Road is my choice of hotels in the area. It is always very clean, well managed, still looks new and the staff is more than accommodating. I always request a room on the 1st floor, and they always have a room ready for me. I love the fact I can fill up with gas across the street and be on my way, or not far from the hotel...you are in the heart of Waco for shopping and restaurants. All in all...a great place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed at this locationn for a conference in Waco and was here for two nights. The room was very clean, the bathroom was a great size and breakfast was great. The staff here is very freindly and the maids did a great job too. The only slight complaint I have is the strong smoke odor in the hallway.

Room Tip: Non Smoking and far away from the smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to fill out your review and for bringing your issues out into the open. We take all responses as an opportunity to learn and improve on the level and value of customer service and hospitality that we provide. We are not a 100% non-smoking property and due to that fact we do have issues that arise from time to time, please accept my sincere apology. We always try our best to take care of everyone that comes to our hotel and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. We are a 5 time "Platinum Award" winning hotel, with two "Inn of the Year" awards as well as a being an "Inn of the Year" finalist with Choice Hotels International. We take Platinum Service and Platinum Hospitality to a whole new level and as always hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We were just staying one night on our trip and were leary about this hotel due to other reviews. However, this is one of the nicest Quality Inns we have stayed at. The front desk staff are the epitome of customer service - Nathan and Kyle. One recommended a restaurant that was top notch and the other helped us find the correct channel for an NHL playoff game. Both went above and beyond. There are several restaurants that offer a 10-20% discount with your room key. The Harley dealership is right across the street. Breakfast had the basic selections but was hot and kept refilled. Our room was large and clean and the pillows are fabulous. No complaints!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I love to hear that members of my staff are going above and beyond to take care of our guests. I hope to see you again soon when you are passing through Waco, TX! Thanks!

Reviewed 11 June 2013

My children and I stayed here while in town for basketball tournament. We didn't spend much time at the hotel but enjoyed the time that we did. It was clean and the staff was extremely nice & helpful. They have a good breakfast selection or you can get 20% off at the IHop in their parking lot among other discounts. Upon check-in the guy (didn't get a name) offered to get us directions to the different gyms that we would be playing in. I would definitely recommend this for a family stay.

Room Tip: The only downside was our room was near the indoor pool and we could somewhat hear the noise. We wer...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to give us feedback about your stay. Its this feedback that helps us learn from our mistakes and shows us where we are doing things right. I hope that we will be seeing you soon and thanks again for staying with us!

Reviewed 7 June 2013

We choose this hotel by location. It was right off I35 and we had been traveling all day. My first impression was not great (funny smell in the lobby)but once we got to the room it was much better. The room was very large with a separate living area with a small kitchenette. The bedroom was large and clean. No complaints.

• Stayed: June 2013

I always love to hear feeback from our guests. It tells me where we need to improve as well as where we are excelling. I hope that we can be of service to you in the future when you are visting Waco, TX! Thanks again!