“Dr. Pepper anyone”

Dr Pepper Museum
Ranked #7 of 74 things to do in Waco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A museum dedicated to the nation's oldest major soft drink - Dr Pepper! We offer three floors of exhibits featuring information about many different soft drinks, as well as a carefully curated selection of our massive soft drink memorabilia collection. Exhibits change regularly! You can visit our soda fountain and gift shop any time without paying admission. Photo ops outside the Museum include a Dr Pepper Green 1940s delivery truck, one of three original neon signs from the Mockingbird Plant in Dallas, and a hand-painted advertising sign original to the site. Of course the front of the Museum building itself is visitors' favorite photo location. We are a two block walk from Magnolia Market and the famous silos, and about half a mile from the newest restaurants including Torchy's Tacos and In-N-Out Burger.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed 11 June 2010

This is an interesting museum which chronicles the history of the Dr. Pepper company. Outside are vehicles and wagons used in the delivery of the product throughout the years. Inside are various bottles and other information which gives the visitor an insight as to how the company was founded and evolved into the modern company that it is today. There is also machinery inside used in the manufacture of the product. When the visitor is finished with his tour, he can go to the soda fountain and have a cold Dr. Pepper. If you visit the website before you go to the museum, you can print out a coupon good for 50 cents off your ticket.

2  Thank globeseeker007
Write a ReviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed 6 June 2010

Small, company museum in old Waco. Had lots of Dr. Pepper artifacts and displays of the history of the product and the company. The displays were average but interesting. Perhaps my experience was tempered by not being that "into" Dr. Pepper and the fact that the famous soda fountain was broken when we were there.

It is worth an hour of your time, especially if you like Dr. Pepper and a bit of Waco history.

Reviewed 10 September 2009

This is a relatively small attraction, but very enjoyable. We spent about an hour in the museum and learned the history behind Dr. Pepper. Don't miss the short video of an actor portraying the inventor telling his story - what a true example of the American Dream. There is a wall of bronze bottle caps from around the country - what a suprise to see one from Roanoke, VA (our hometown) on the wall. I still don't know the significance of this and forgot to ask. Definitely stop by the soda fountain on the way out and get an original Dr Pepper made with the soda water and syrup mixed my hand!

Reviewed 29 July 2009

The museum has all things Dr Pepper and for fans of the drink will be fascinating! It is in the orginal facotry and has lots of interesting history.

2  Thank Stevied888
Reviewed 9 February 2009

We visited with our two young children and it was a mistake. There is a lot of interesting stuff to see but nothing that is child friendly.

I especially enjoyed reading about the artesian well they found under the floor and the process by which they uncovered and excavated it. Also the equipment was neat showing the bottling process. I enjoyed the different machine on the 2nd floor but they were not as interesting.

There is a drugstore scene with an animatronic version of the pharmacist that originally created it which kinda creeped me out. I'm not from the era of soda fountains in drug stores, so maybe for some it was nostalgic. He said he wanted to make it taste like a drug store would smell. That is gross to me!

The soda fountain and gift shop were both decent. I got a Dr. pepper float and it wasn't as good as I was anticipating. I'll just stick to the soda.

Overall worth a stop if you are near Waco or travelling through.

Been to Dr Pepper Museum? Share your experiences!